HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2014, 08:09 PM
United States, IL, Elmhurst
Joined May 2013
290 Posts
I haven't been in the hobby long and own 3 3DHS planes and have waited a long time for parts.. And every time I hear any talk about 3DHS at my field I have to warn the pilots about the fact that things don't look good for 3DHS as far as spare parts go..
ChiTownFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChiTownFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2014, 09:07 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WADETN View Post
I've been waiting for a red/white/blue engine cowl for right at a year. I loved the look of the 75" extra, but will not go through the 3dhs song and dance for spare parts again.

Call them. I know two friends who called and recieved spare parts not listed on the site in the past month.
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:07 PM
United States, FL, Port Charlotte
Joined Jan 2008
927 Posts
I have owned over a dozen 3dhs planes (have 8 currently) and am pretty disappointed to read this stuff. I am always bragging about how great their planes and service are based on my past experiences.
kwiktsi is online now Find More Posts by kwiktsi
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:16 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,187 Posts
It's ok....I'm still going to put my order in for a 75" Extra when they are available....Just sold my spare Big Foot airframe, so, pulling the servos and power system out, which will go into the 75"....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 09:29 PM
72" of flying, flying, flying
Sydney, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
2,108 Posts
I finally perfected the Snap-to-lose Canopy today.

The Canopy latch came unglued and the Canopy hit the right wing on the way through the snap roll and put a couple of holes in the covering, noting a couple of patches won't fix though.

It looked impressive, and I was a little worried about landing but all ended well.
Aussie_Toyman is offline Find More Posts by Aussie_Toyman
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:35 PM
United States, MI, Allegan
Joined Aug 2012
714 Posts
Done that! I use one screw in my 30cc canopies now.
TimmyC is offline Find More Posts by TimmyC
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:32 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,187 Posts
I use these...

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 08:13 AM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
793 Posts
Setup question for you guys. I'm finally getting some time on this bird now that it's electrified. I'm used to flying the 57 Extra, 58 Edge, and 47 SHP.

The plane trimmed well, but I think I have a setup issue of some sort.

The 72 likes to rock on elevators and harriers. The 57 and 58 do great elevators and the 58 harriers better which I expected. The 72 really likes to rock on elevators and harriers. The harriers I can kind of get but the elevators are a surprise. The plane flies straight and true and took only a couple clicks of aileron, elevator, and rudder.

I'm going to try some more trim work on the rudder. The CG is neutral when inverted and there is very little coupling on KE.

I'm a bit perplexed. The 47 does this same thing to a degree, but the 57 and 58 don't.

Since the rest of the trim was pretty easy, I'm thinking I don't have setup right on the rudder or ailerons. This plane should do awesome elevators and harriers (especially with it's size).

Thanks,

Mike
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:05 AM
Goes to eleven!
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
1,070 Posts
72 should be super solid on elevators and harriers!
do you have the SFG's on the wings?

Joe
JK13 is online now Find More Posts by JK13
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:52 AM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK13 View Post
72 should be super solid on elevators and harriers!
do you have the SFG's on the wings?

Joe
Tried it both ways. Yeah, I think I have some strange setup issue.

If I have hands off rudder (neutral), throttle off, full elevator (55 degrees) during elevators, could it be a trim issue between ailerons and rudder?

I'm thinking i'm rocking on that bubble under the plane during elevator, so during trim is my aileron trim making up for rudder trim issue (or vice versa) that shows up during elevators. I know when I was learning elevators I could induce a bit of rock when ailerons were not neutral during full elevator and power off/low.

Mike
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433