SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:43 AM
What goes up must come down
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined May 2014
149 Posts
Has anyone tried to play around with the main gear size or found a heli that has the same pitch gears and a center hole that can be worked with . what about the 130x is the main gear even close . one of the hobby shop people on here should be able to look at a lot of main gears from different manufacturers to find a good candidate for a smaller main gear should not take much 2 teeth maybe 3 teeth with the pinion choices out now
Bush Pusher is offline Find More Posts by Bush Pusher
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:45 AM
Flying high since 69' 😎
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar View Post
I can't imagine a flight time of 15 minutes without getting puffed batteries. Sounds like the Zippy 1000s are a good match for the 200. Do you typically get good performance and longevity with Zippys?
I have nothing but good things to say about the 1000mah Zippy's. I have my DX9 voice alarm set for 15min flights and could actually fly a little longer as the battery comes down with ~11.3 resting voltage which is no where low enough to cause any kind of cell damage. No puffing after having over 40 cycles each. I do, however, use a Turnigy 4-port Balance charger instead of the cheap stock charger that tends to overheat itself and overcharge the lipos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pusher View Post
Has anyone tried to play around with the main gear size or found a heli that has the same pitch gears and a center hole that can be worked with . what about the 130x is the main gear even close . one of the hobby shop people on here should be able to look at a lot of main gears from different manufacturers to find a good candidate for a smaller main gear should not take much 2 teeth maybe 3 teeth with the pinion choices out now
Already available:

http://www.rakonheli.com/cnc-delrin-...de-200srx.html
stevedog1 is offline Find More Posts by stevedog1
Last edited by stevedog1; Aug 24, 2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:00 PM
Bullseye
United States, AK, Ninilchik
Joined Jul 2009
32 Posts
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjx f45 noob View Post
Personally I do not care about the little wobbles the sr x has while hovering, it flies really well and that is why I bought it. Mine flew perfectly out of the box and it still does so because of that I will try not to customize it too much. Gain adjustements and maybe a better battery but that's it for me.

Happy flying
I agree I must have gotten a good one. It Hovers dead solid not a twitch or vibration flies straight and true. I do love to tinker but on this one Im thinking I will stick to the not broke don't fix school of thought. I will save the coin for the new 450X
shauncrabb is offline Find More Posts by shauncrabb
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:52 PM
Joined May 2014
149 Posts
Has anyone tried these out Delrin 104T Main Gear do the gear teeth brake off as easy as the stock main gear.
I think having a smaller dia. main gear would be better for recovery should spin up the blades a little quicker then just changing the pinion IMO
Old Aug 24, 2014, 01:14 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,328 Posts
Quote:
but as you keep increasing the pinion size you will loose on low end toque so in the long run there is a limit to how much you increase the pinion size too. without going backwards or making the heli worse then when you started.
maybe with a 16T - 17T pinion but with a 13T this motor is like a turbo diesel when it comes to low end torque
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Aug 24, 2014, 01:30 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,463 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone tried these out Delrin 104T Main Gear do the gear teeth brake off as easy as the stock main gear.
I think having a smaller dia. main gear would be better for recovery should spin up the blades a little quicker then just changing the pinion IMO
I'd love to try a 104T main gear, in conjunction with 12T or 13T pinion, but not for $50. I can buy a 3500kv motor for 1/2 that price, which would be more than enough power. I'm sure there are some who won't mind the expense, but I'm very frugal about making upgrades.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:27 PM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
738 Posts
Thanks stevedog for your comments on the Zippy. Also thanks to the rest of you who shared your thoughts on the gear mods.
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:37 PM
Canada, ON, North Bay
Joined Feb 2009
78 Posts
Quote:
The 104T with the 11t pinion should have higher head speed then 120t and the 13t pinion, lighter too. I have that set up I just need to get around trying it.
Wicked!!! is offline Find More Posts by Wicked!!!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:40 PM
Canada, ON, North Bay
Joined Feb 2009
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I'd love to try a 104T main gear, in conjunction with 12T or 13T pinion, but not for $50. I can buy a 3500kv motor for 1/2 that price, which would be more than enough power. I'm sure there are some who won't mind the expense, but I'm very frugal about making upgrades.
I read the 300 cfx motor fits. Would the tail motor keep up? Also what about the esc?

I've been thinking about building a 2nd 200 srx with all the parts I have and would like to put a bigger motor in it. A main motor and tail motor are a few of the parts i will have to buy.
Wicked!!! is offline Find More Posts by Wicked!!!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:11 PM
Joined May 2014
149 Posts
Stevedog the 1000mah Zippy's that you use, do they have the jst connector
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:58 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
148 Posts
How to adjust the pinion gear mesh ?? I can't see a way to access the 2 motor mount screws without a lot of disassembly ? Is there any adjustment with the 4 horizontal motor mount screws ? I'm not sure it needs it but my 200 doesn't spool up smoothly from stopped. Especially ifI haven't flown it for a few days. I can't feel any clearance at all in the main gear / pinion. It flies fine otherwise.

Thanks, Charlie
cbinfl is offline Find More Posts by cbinfl
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:06 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked!!! View Post
The 104T with the 11t pinion should have higher head speed then 120t and the 13t pinion, lighter too. I have that set up I just need to get around trying it.
Do the math; 104 / 11 means the pinion turns 9.45 times for every revolution of the main gear. 120 / 13 means the pinion turns 9.23 revolutions.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:24 PM
Flying high since 69' 😎
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
Stevedog the 1000mah Zippy's that you use, do they have the jst connector
Yes they do. They're available in both US warehouses (East and West coast) as well as in the International warehouse.

The battery label has changed to the Zippy brand so it will look different than described on HK. If you look back through my posts you will find that I posted pictures of the battery mounted onto the SRX if your interested in seeing how it looks and fits.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._3s1p_25c.html
stevedog1 is offline Find More Posts by stevedog1
Last edited by stevedog1; Aug 24, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:10 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2007
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinfl View Post
How to adjust the pinion gear mesh ?? I can't see a way to access the 2 motor mount screws without a lot of disassembly ? Is there any adjustment with the 4 horizontal motor mount screws ? I'm not sure it needs it but my 200 doesn't spool up smoothly from stopped. Especially ifI haven't flown it for a few days. I can't feel any clearance at all in the main gear / pinion. It flies fine otherwise.

Thanks, Charlie
Yes, the four horizontal mount screws are in slotted holes.
vmax911 is offline Find More Posts by vmax911
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:06 AM
Joined Jun 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLog View Post
Mac

Me likes
Thanks.

I got around to make a short flight test in daylight, unfortunally the cam of my mobile wasn't quite up to the task.
Blade 200 SRX daytime test flight with lights 2 (0 min 21 sec)

I'll post another when I have a proper camera and some more space available.
Mac Smith is offline Find More Posts by Mac Smith