HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:13 AM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
598 Posts
I just replied again to my order confirmation email for the plans I ordered last August. For the first time in quite a few months it didn't immediately return a delivery failure notice. Maybe they really are in the process of coming back to life!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!! They have quite a few other plans I would like to order, so it will be nice to have them back, if that is the case.
roversgonemad is offline Find More Posts by roversgonemad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2014, 07:44 PM
Condescending Pedant
Joined Aug 2013
814 Posts
I got a reply FINALLY

After seeing that others have gotten recent communication from the service I once again last night sent a request for the status of my order. Today I received a reply similar to the one posted recently, and asking whether I wanted a refund or if I wanted my order. I had already written off the money as lost so I told them I am willing to wait for the plans. I also included a link to this thread, so maybe we will see something from them in the near future. I for one am willing to give them another chance to see if they can turn this thing around or maybe we can open a dialog with them as to how the plans can be bought by someone that is willing to put in the time and effort required to provide a good service.
Mike Dubovsky is offline Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
Old Feb 28, 2014, 08:16 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,410 Posts
Sounds like they already were? 'New management?'
Nergall is offline Find More Posts by Nergall
Old Feb 28, 2014, 08:37 PM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
593 Posts
plans

I f the owner had something happen to him suddenly, I think the plans service would be last on the list to be addressed I know personally that when my father went down, the income or his business wasn't even talked about. But thankfully his estate was in good running order, most of the stuff he took care was already in my hands, and the people new me, but this might not be the case for everybody, my dad had my mom and me to make sure everything was taken care of, I know my wife won't be so lucky, I'm glad someone has stepped it to handle the plans service, whether they keep it ans nurture it back to life, or sell it, I hope it ends up with someone who loves and respects the hobby. sam
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
Old Feb 28, 2014, 09:29 PM
Aurora Municipal, Illinois, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,576 Posts
It would take a lot for me to place another order. I''m still suspicious. Seems like an awful long time to be locked out of their entire system. Not sure how that can be. I hope folks get whats theirs or at least a refund.
bullseye000 is offline Find More Posts by bullseye000
Old Mar 01, 2014, 02:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
598 Posts
It's not looking good.... This was the reply:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

info@rcmmagazine.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
DNS Error: DNS server returned general failure

In the past I got permanent delivery failures, so maybe this is progress Maybe they are inundated with emails with the rumors of them reopening.
Old Mar 01, 2014, 06:18 PM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
593 Posts
plans

OMG I feel so bad but I'm still hopeful things will turn out
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
Old Mar 01, 2014, 10:31 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,994 Posts
I sent an email stating I would like to purchase a set of plans (yes I really would) and sited this thread and another on a different forum. I said I was hesitant because of the negative posts. We'll see what the reply is.

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Mar 05, 2014, 05:56 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,994 Posts
Here is a copy and paste of the e-mail I received back from RCM Plans. Looks like a the standard robot return;

Thank you for your interest in RCM Plans.

Our system has been down for quite some time. We were locked out of our entire system. We were unable to access the admin portion of the website, emails (which we lost most of), orders, etc. We are trying to resolve the problems with our hosting company. We hope to have all problems resolved by sometime in March. The email portion of the website restarted on 02/14/14.

RCM Plans is very recently under new management and we are seeing to fixing the problems and also to refunding anyone who has not yet received their money back. If someone chooses to receive the product that they ordered, we will also help them with this.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Mar 05, 2014, 06:43 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,023 Posts
9 months and counting ! ! !
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Mar 05, 2014, 08:33 PM
Joined Feb 2013
598 Posts
Two days after the first delivery delay notice, I got the permanent failure notice.... I guess the email portion may not be entirely working... Those who have emailed and gotten a response, how did you go about contacting them?
Old Mar 05, 2014, 09:32 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2008
120 Posts
Rover,

Per your post #471, you emailed info@rcmmagazine.com , the magazine
--which has been defunct since 2005. You need to use info@rcm plans.com,
the spun off plans service from the magazine. Or simply go to RCMPlans .com
and use their contact info. Worked for me as of 2 days ago.
Alpha35 is offline Find More Posts by Alpha35
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:52 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2011
126 Posts
And Still Waiting

Well after seeing some signs of life from RCM ( well what others have posted) I figured why not try to email them again and see.

Ken

I would just like a refund after all of this time waiting in fact so long that I have moved. Order number 6322 waiting for my order since 12-12-12

1 ea. 4-40 BIPE $13.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$13.00Sub-Total:

$11.00Plans rolled in MAIL TUBE (Best Way):

$24.00Total:
ken78cvx20 is offline Find More Posts by ken78cvx20
Old Mar 09, 2014, 11:42 PM
Joined May 2004
1,490 Posts
This is too bad that this happened.
I ordered a set of sailplane plans , but this was a long time ago and they arrived in good shape.

I used to deal with a guy who called himself "Uncle Willies" and very good luck with buying plans from him.
Many people knocked him on copyright etc. But this man "restored" and saved a lot of plans that would have gone the way of the dinosaurs
Apparently he is no longer in business.
I enjoy scratch building and often cannot find decent set of plans anymore.
Once in awhile he threw in an extra plan at no charge.
ErcoupeEd is offline Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Old Mar 10, 2014, 09:57 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,410 Posts
He seemed to mostly deal in 'abandoned' copyrighted plans, which is definitely a positive service. However, he wasn't always perfect and had a few RCM plans (while they were still available). So, a lot of people hassled him over violating copyrights. Like anything in life, the truth was somewhere in between. Anyway, I believe he finally retired. Hopefully, he passed those abandoned plans on to someone else.

I built an Ugly Stick from his 'upgraded' plans, but then I found an RCM plan I had just bought from RCM on his site?
Nergall is offline Find More Posts by Nergall