Joined Apr 2011
1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
9 lbs! Mine's a baby next to it.

I just read this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=916904

and saw this:
"At near-stall speeds the Fokker does suffer from its full-sized counterpartís faults as well. The smallish rudder of the original is accurately reproduced in the Hanger 9 model, and at slow speeds the tail can drift with crosswinds just like the original. What this means is that crosswind approaches are best made at speeds comfortably above stall speed."

Which is exactly what I see with mine, but I thought it was just me sucking at crosswind landings (which I had down pretty good on my trainer).
My Fokker handles a little crosswind ok...I try and fly my WW1 planes when it's real calm
Bob Dunlop is offline Find More Posts by Bob Dunlop
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:55 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dunlop View Post
My Fokker handles a little crosswind ok...I try and fly my WW1 planes when it's real calm
I can vouch for that. Without the gyro on it was ok at anything under 4-5mph semi-cross winds. If it was that steady, or more be ready for a hand full. The gyro helps at that point, but still better not to tempt it beyond that wind.

Justflyit: Let me know when you want to part with that g20. I've been drawn to the dark side so I'll find something to put it in.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:34 PM
Fokker,I didn't even kiss her
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Apr 2011
1,283 Posts
Some pics of my fleet with my new Fokker DR1
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=11852
Bob Dunlop is offline Find More Posts by Bob Dunlop