HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Sep 2011
246 Posts
5000mah on SU35 can get you around 5 mins with some 3D flying. The power plants in ME262 is the same as SU35, flight time maybe same in this case.
genghiskt is online now Find More Posts by genghiskt
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskt View Post
5000mah on SU35 can get you around 5 mins with some 3D flying. The power plants in ME262 is the same as SU35, flight time maybe same in this case.
I've flown both and believe the Me 262 has more drag than the SU35. It seems to want more throttle.
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:46 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,357 Posts
And on the SU-35 5 minutes you were really pushing it even with a high C quality battery. Unless of course you're off the throttle for most of the flight. It more generally 4+ minutes that most got after a routine flight. The wing load is lower with the ME so it can take the extra battery. Too since its not a 3D model you're not full throttle jockeying it around the sky. But too heavy a battery in the SU-35 or the 18 and it does less 3D and more sport speed fly bys. The 18 being a smaller wing area sees the effects sooner.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:50 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Hey guys just ordered this and was thinking about using a battery that could work for both the freewing ME-262 and this one. Would a Turnigy Nano tech 5000 mah 6s 35c-70c battery work? I dont mind going up to 65c if I need to...

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:55 PM
mmflytie
United States, FL, Clermont
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Okay, so this seems to be a great forum for this great( F/A 18 E super Hornet 90 mm) jet. I have about 10 flights on mine and have had a couple of hard landings on cloth runway. Made the repairs to the gears and seems to be holding up ok. My questions is has anyone figured out how to take this bird off without wide open down the runway then with almost full elevator and some critical point in speed it launches almost straight up (step alpha off the tarmac!)I have tried easing on the elevator with little affect . Seems it is just not a jet that wants to gradually take off. Anyone figure out the technique or experienced this same issue.? All other comments are spot on. Amazing flyer , cool factoe is off the charts and landings are managable especially if you get the correct combination of high alpha and thrust on final approach. I love this jet. Was thinking maybe if I could add in flaperons that would help with take off but not sure how to do that and keep the TV working. Any ideas?
Marc
mmflytie is offline Find More Posts by mmflytie
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:11 PM
You haz hurricane?
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Hey mmflytie was curious if you run the stock esc in this and if so, how has it been doing for ya? I have yet to maiden mine and was curious if you had any tips? I have my bird set up on the recommended low throw settings.

Coot
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:32 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,339 Posts
Ordered
jimmy34256 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy34256
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:16 PM
mmflytie
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
retracts on f 18

Anyone having trouble with the plastic retract mechanisms fatiguing and cracking to the point that the trunion slips off the worm gear causing the landin gear to collapse. I;ve put maybe 7 or 8 flights on mine and now both housings of the retracts are cracked.
My landings arent really all that hard

Marc
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:33 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Have not had this problem with either version 1 or 3 of this jet. There is an extensive thread on this forum section
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1322164
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:58 PM
mmflytie
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Have not had any issues with my esc. But now I have a 12 blade fan and 100Amp esc to put in
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:26 PM
You haz hurricane?
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmflytie View Post
Have not had any issues with my esc. But now I have a 12 blade fan and 100Amp esc to put in
Did you have to program any timing settings with the original esc? I want to make sure I dont have the esc on the wrong setting when I maiden.

Coot
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmflytie View Post
Okay, so this seems to be a great forum for this great( F/A 18 E super Hornet 90 mm) jet. I have about 10 flights on mine and have had a couple of hard landings on cloth runway. Made the repairs to the gears and seems to be holding up ok. My questions is has anyone figured out how to take this bird off without wide open down the runway then with almost full elevator and some critical point in speed it launches almost straight up (step alpha off the tarmac!)I have tried easing on the elevator with little affect . Seems it is just not a jet that wants to gradually take off. Anyone figure out the technique or experienced this same issue.? All other comments are spot on. Amazing flyer , cool factoe is off the charts and landings are managable especially if you get the correct combination of high alpha and thrust on final approach. I love this jet. Was thinking maybe if I could add in flaperons that would help with take off but not sure how to do that and keep the TV working. Any ideas?
Marc
i dont have this plane but for other problematic jets it is the stance of the landing gears. not enough AoA and the rear gears are too far aft so the plane has a hard time rotating around them.
either the nose gear has to be lengthened or the mains shorten and possibly moved forward.
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:51 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
Last edited by rcfisherman; Feb 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:36 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
I actually have to disagree with this considering the F-18 at stock nose gear length takes off just fine. I think there is absolutely some finesse to easing the stick and having enough room for a proper take off roll. There is a fine line between too much elevator and not enough once the jet gets up to speed but it can be compensated for with more stick time.
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach
Old Apr 11, 2013, 09:59 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,339 Posts
Retracts

Any one have a new/used nose or main retract or know a good substitute?
jimmy34256 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy34256