Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:13 PM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post
Agreed.

Is the man conscientious, qualified, focused?

Mentioning the skin color seems a bit stupid.
All this info is in the news story/link.
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:15 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix2 View Post
what a crappy title for this thread
Virtually the same as the news headlines about the event.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:18 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post
Agreed.

Is the man conscientious, qualified, focused?

Mentioning the skin color seems a bit stupid.
The news articles mention the skin color. Along with the demographic breakdown of Detroit, it is significant.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:35 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Ugh now he is going to talk Gov Squish into removing the EFM from Detroit, and the ghetto is going to suck even more of the life out of the rest of the state as it resumes its downward spiral. When few in your city work, and almost none pay anything in taxes, and so many businesses left long ago, there just isn't much to run a city on. Everyone wants to show up at the potluck without bringing a plate and eat. Doesn't matter who runs it, it is just an untenable situation. It came as no surprise to me when Bing got frustrated and gave up.
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:57 PM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
The news articles mention the skin color. Along with the demographic breakdown of Detroit, it is significant.
correct,the real story is black voters desiring a Mayor to move the city forward,so they chose Mr. Duggan...who happens to be white.

Do most LTU&P'ers see that.?No,they attempt to paint me as racist because I mentioned his skin color.

again..

THIS IS A STORY ABOUT BLACK RESIDENTS VOTING IN THE GUY WHO GETS THINGS DONE,HE ALSO HAPPENS TO BE WHITE.

I'm thinking it could be the start of something bigger than just Detroit.

no,I'm not shouting.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:57 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
They need to allow Detroit to declare bankruptcy and default on it's debts. A politically brokered bailout will only result in the insane liabilities being paid off by claims placed on everyone outside Detroit who didn't make decades of these mistakes.

Let failure fail
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:00 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
They need to allow Detroit to declare bankruptcy and default on it's debts. A politically brokered bailout will only result in the insane liabilities being paid off by claims placed on everyone outside Detroit who didn't make decades of these mistakes.

Let failure fail
Exactly why it kind of scares me that they elected a mayor who might make a more effective plea at the state level than just ranting and raving.
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:02 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Make no mistake, they will attempt to take the bailout to national taxpayers.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:09 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,669 Posts
I pity the new mayor, it hard to start from nothing, he is starting in deep negative territory.

I wish him well, Normally I'd say it's easy when the only direction to go is up, but Detroit has been in free-fall at 23ft per sec. per sec. for 3 decades... It must have exceeded Warp Factor 1 on it's way to hell by now. That is a lot of inertia to overcome.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2013, 06:48 PM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
I pity the new mayor, it hard to start from nothing, he is starting in deep negative territory.

I wish him well, Normally I'd say it's easy when the only direction to go is up, but Detroit has been in free-fall at 23ft per sec. per sec. for 3 decades... It must have exceeded Warp Factor 1 on it's way to hell by now. That is a lot of inertia to overcome.
Detroit is in bad shape...real bad.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/8...i/-/index.html
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:31 PM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
Detroit is in bad shape...real bad.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/8...i/-/index.html
Send in more guns and let them kill each other. Goons killing goons...good for society. Will not clog up the legal system and saves millions keeping them locked up. While they are at it send in the birth control pills.
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Nov 06, 2013, 07:32 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
exactly.but I worded it that way to get the attention of those who think color all the time.City residents are mostly African americans...but,they have chosen Duggan because of his accomplishments.

Of course they could have chosen the other candidate (who is AA),but they see through the color bias & select a man on his ability to get things done.This is a big step...

** no racial slams in this thread..but Thanks for looking**
Why is the newly elected mayor referred to as "white" rhther than "european American"? Conversely, why are people referred to above referred to as "African American" rather than "black" or "negro"??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:07 PM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring View Post
Why is the newly elected mayor referred to as "white" rhther than "european American"? Conversely, why are people referred to above referred to as "African American" rather than "black" or "negro"??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
political correctness gone crazy.?
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:13 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,088 Posts
Yet it was great to shout "Obama, the first BLACK president" from the rooftops. But, many people won't vote for him because "I don't look like them".
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:13 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,669 Posts
Distribute AR15s and 1911s and ammo and flak jackets to anyone in there without a criminal record. If I had to live there I'd go for it.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member