HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:06 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
cap231ex's Avatar
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
By posting and starting as many threads on the same product and showing the RC Aerodyne logo on each one of your videos , that is enfact the definition of "Advertisement SPAM".

Some one who just wants to post their build or likes a product and wants to share that with others does not go to such extremes to promote a very specific vendor and/or supplier as you have.

And you have already said in your own words that you do fly for and are sponsored by RC Aerodyne , there for again proof of "Advertisement Spam"

All of this could not have been done just by mistake , no one goes to those lengths just to wright a personel review of and item or try so hard to say they haven't done something other than what they have enfact done.

If you had not of used the RCA logo and made references of RCA along with starting 3 other threads on the same product it would not of been a big deal at all.
But the fact that you did makes it the big deal that it is now , and it would be best if you eather change your member status to "sponsor" or reframe from the deliberate "Advertisement SPAM" .
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:19 PM
Chris Reibert #78
crmodels's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
452 Posts
Sorry Cap don't know who did you wrong in the hobby but I enjoy doing all sorts of review videos! Did not think I would offend anybody by "my views"
I don't get paid to do these reviews I do them because I believe in the products I use!

I do these videos for you guys the hobby community.
I don't need negative people like you shitting on "my views"
I know everyone gas the right to their opinions, some are left to keep to themselves. All my videos have the companies logos or information in them. That's why it's called a "Review"
You go to my YouTube channel its filled with reviews. Yes most are scale but that's because I enjoy the scale aspect of the hobby.

Hey your views are your views but you keep attacking me or my threads I'll just shut them down.
Again for the people that support and enjoy my videos I'm truly sorry for all this high school drama.

Spektrum DX8 Unboxing Video (2 min 11 sec)


Blade mCP X BL BNF UnBoxing / Binding / First Look (8 min 28 sec)


RC Booya Quick Release Canopy Mounting System (8 min 31 sec)


Mikado Logo 500 What's in the Box Review (9 min 49 sec)


Blade Nano CP X Whats in the box Review, Binding, First Flight (8 min 44 sec)
crmodels is offline Find More Posts by crmodels
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
By posting and starting as many threads on the same product and showing the RC Aerodyne logo on each one of your videos , that is enfact the definition of "Advertisement SPAM".

Some one who just wants to post their build or likes a product and wants to share that with others does not go to such extremes to promote a very specific vendor and/or supplier as you have.

And you have already said in your own words that you do fly for and are sponsored by RC Aerodyne , there for again proof of "Advertisement Spam"

All of this could not have been done just by mistake , no one goes to those lengths just to wright a personel review of and item or try so hard to say they haven't done something other than what they have enfact done.

If you had not of used the RCA logo and made references of RCA along with starting 3 other threads on the same product it would not of been a big deal at all.
But the fact that you did makes it the big deal that it is now , and it would be best if you eather change your member status to "sponsor" or reframe from the deliberate "Advertisement SPAM" .
So who died and made you the RCG Forum patrol? Give this guy a break, I don't see what he is doing consider breaking any rules. He has already explained himself. Sure, he said it himself that he flies for RCA but if he doesn't get paid for it then how is it that he is hurting anyone here.

So many members here and other forums such as heli freak talks about brand products that they've purchased and have done their own reviews on. Brand names are brought up so often throughout forums but I don't see others being told that they can't or can post so how is this fair to this individual. I don't see where he is telling anyone to go to RCA's website to purchase the product he is reviewing nor does he talks about the cost of the product.

Ok, I see his videos with the RCA logo on the bottom corner but so what? I don't consider that as advertising, if this is consider advertising then every video that is posted on this forum needs to cover up "Align, Logo, Blade, Goblin, Walkera, Guai, Compass and on and on and on". If any videos or photos shown on this or any other forums shows a logo of some sort then it needs to be removed or covered up. Hell, they do that in movies don't they???
dragonslayers is offline Find More Posts by dragonslayers
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:45 PM
Chris Reibert #78
crmodels's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
452 Posts
Yes thank you! Isn't it hard for Ford or Chevy to make a commercial without the Brands name and logos.

I have been purposely not putting prices or links in my post threads.
If people really want to pursue a product they can can do their own research or PM me.
I do tons of research before I spend my hard earned $$$ on things.
I do the reviews and videos can see the products up close and get a good look before spending $$. Before I bought my new mCPX I watched Blade's videos and a few other guys. Why do my own review on it then? Another "hobbiest view " on the product and I Enjoy Making them for you and my subscribers!
He'll I even did a gun review one day when I was bored.
crmodels is offline Find More Posts by crmodels
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:14 PM
Registered User
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonslayers View Post
So who died and made you the RCG Forum patrol? Give this guy a break, I don't see what he is doing consider breaking any rules. He has already explained himself. Sure, he said it himself that he flies for RCA but if he doesn't get paid for it then how is it that he is hurting anyone here.

So many members here and other forums such as heli freak talks about brand products that they've purchased and have done their own reviews on. Brand names are brought up so often throughout forums but I don't see others being told that they can't or can post so how is this fair to this individual. I don't see where he is telling anyone to go to RCA's website to purchase the product he is reviewing nor does he talks about the cost of the product.

Ok, I see his videos with the RCA logo on the bottom corner but so what? I don't consider that as advertising, if this is consider advertising then every video that is posted on this forum needs to cover up "Align, Logo, Blade, Goblin, Walkera, Guai, Compass and on and on and on". If any videos or photos shown on this or any other forums shows a logo of some sort then it needs to be removed or covered up. Hell, they do that in movies don't they???
+1 on that

cap wrote "It's no wonder why this forum has lost it's posting numbers and why poeple really interested in the hobby have moved to other forum websites that do not allow this type of BS."

I would say if thats the case that just because attacks like that just get people bored,If you have some problems with that kind of post report them to the moderator,havent you a heli or something to build instead of jumping on hobbyist
that are forwarding well done rewievs to us others, He also was called "idiot"...
well, if theres something that should be reported it should be that, must be real grown up person throwing that kind of words in a heliforum..
You chaps really should clean up in front of yours own doors before opening yours mouths...

Cr...dont mind these kind of inputs, they are made of persons that dont understand what this hobby is about, theres probable forums for them also and all they want is to create bad vibriations because they havent anything to contribute with.

Cheers
Jack

By the way...great rewiuv
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:46 PM
Chris Reibert #78
crmodels's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
452 Posts
Thank for your support.
I already closed the other thread out of heist.
If I have to I'll take my threads else where.
Was definitely thrown off by the rude comments.

But... Like I said everyone is open to their opinions.
Any criticism wether negative or positive is good criticism for me.
I will still bust my butt in the hobby and help where I can!
crmodels is offline Find More Posts by crmodels
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:55 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmodels View Post
I already closed the other thread out of heist.
why did you re-open the thread again ?
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:59 AM
Mini-Me is watching you...
thenodemaster's Avatar
Hemet, CA
Joined Aug 2010
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmodels View Post
Thank for your support.
I already closed the other thread out of heist.
If I have to I'll take my threads else where.
Was definitely thrown off by the rude comments.

But... Like I said everyone is open to their opinions.
Any criticism wether negative or positive is good criticism for me.
I will still bust my butt in the hobby and help where I can!
I am not sure what that guy's problem is. Personally, I have several RCA prodsucts and have been quite happy with them. I only learned about and subsequently purchased through RCA because of all of the community here at RCG.

I guess the guy just can't stand someone showing a product other than whatever brand he is in to!

Don't let people like him chase you away. I actually reported him for his undue comments and name calling. I stay with RCG because things like that are handled and not really allowed to go on.

And, personally, I hope to finally get around to a build log of my RCA AS350 fuse for my Chaos 600!
thenodemaster is offline Find More Posts by thenodemaster
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:06 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
cap231ex's Avatar
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,770 Posts
I have do problem with RCAerodyne at all , I know Cliff and have bought from him and dealt with him on many occasions and have always been happy with the out come and his products.

The problem is with the way crmodels presnts himself on here , as just another modeler and normal guy when he has already said that he is a sponsored pilot in his own words.

So there for this forums rules state that he there for needs to buy a "sponsor" membership not a "regestered member" membership.

Also others have voiced their feeling that he has misrepresented himself on here as well , and the other top 3 heli forums have all but stopped him from posting his so called reviews on their forums because is goes against their rules.

So it makes one wonder why after many people on this forum has reported him as SPAMMING up the section why have them chooce to do nothing about him here.

Enfact by doing nothing they are breaking their own rules , you can not have rules that all sponsors have to follow except one and make that one exempt.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:25 PM
Mini-Me is watching you...
thenodemaster's Avatar
Hemet, CA
Joined Aug 2010
512 Posts
Fair enough. If he needs to have a sponsored membership and such, and that is the rule, then, I stand corrected. I just felt that, based on what I had observed, the reaction was a bit unwarranted. Now I have all the facts and stand corrected.
thenodemaster is offline Find More Posts by thenodemaster
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log AS350 Eurocopter Step by Step Build Video Part 1 and Part 2 crmodels Scale Helicopters 20 Mar 24, 2013 04:40 PM
Build Log RC Aerodyne AS350 Eurocopter True Scale Step by Step Build Video Part 1 crmodels Large Electric Helis 0 Feb 06, 2013 05:37 PM
Video Eurocopter AS350 Keyrigger Electric Heli Talk 7 Dec 12, 2012 10:30 AM
Voyager E - Eurocopter AS350 Malc C Electric Heli Talk 2 Jun 18, 2004 04:47 AM