HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:01 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
Well it's 34 degrees today... so I guess it is warm enough. My thumbs were starting to get cold after 3 minutes though.

I have been happy with my 2702v, I just wanted to try something different. The ZYX was easy to set up(once I figured out you had to let it initialize before you could plug in the usb cable and connect). I used this software: http://fbl.net.nz/ I didn't even try setting it up with the transmitter since the ZYX-S from MM comes with the usb cable.
I was going to go with the RX2701 for Devo for my tarot build but after reading some horror stories I went for a Devo 7 channel RX as the plugs look well situated and not heard anything bad about it. I'm getting the ZYX-S from MM when they're back in stock. Was hoping to use a Devo RX/Gyro combo but this is my first 450 build and dont want it locking out or anything, so went with the Devo RX701 receiver and waiting on the Tarot Gyro to be in stock, from what I can gather the RX 701is a decent RX.
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:22 PM
Registered User
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
I was going to go with the RX2701 for Devo for my tarot build but after reading some horror stories I went for a Devo 7 channel RX as the plugs look well situated and not heard anything bad about it. I'm getting the ZYX-S from MM when they're back in stock. Was hoping to use a Devo RX/Gyro combo but this is my first 450 build and dont want it locking out or anything, so went with the Devo RX701 receiver and waiting on the Tarot Gyro to be in stock, from what I can gather the RX 701is a decent RX.
Yeah I had put myself on the back in stock notification list for the zyx at mm, when it came back in I quick ordered one. Then I noticed a few days later it was out of stock again lol.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:26 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Feel free to share, and ask away. The only limitation being that you must have a walkera rx/tx that you are using to control you craft. Notice that i did not say heli. That means planes, quads, boats, cars, bathroom door, as long as it is controlled by a walkera tx (devo or pro), you are good here. Even if you want to compare or share an experience with another controller that you think might be benificial to us walkera fliers, let us know.

Have fun, and always remember - Dont crash (unless its some kind of walkera electronic failure)
LOL, i might have to take you up on that RC Bathroom door!! I have a gas powered blower, a big tarp and a bathroom door that i've been eye balling as a quick throw together Hover craft If i can work out some way to do propulsion and have the blower keep the hovercraft pocket inflated. Well. That would be pretty damn cool. Even for a Walkera RX


Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I have had a few mysterious occurrences with my Trex 450 using Align 3G with a 2801 pro receiver. One one occasion I lost rudder control suddenly and couldn't control the heli. I suspect there was a loose connection between the 3G unit and the tail servo.

On two occasions, the heli just lost power and fell out of the sky so to speak. One of them was very close and so it could not have been a range issue. I am inclined to think that a brownout had occurred where the BEC had cut off power to the receiver.because of over current usage. My LHS recommended that I install an independent BEC. However, I did not encounter any problems with my 250 which was fitted with Align 3G and a 2801 pro receiver as well.
This is not giving me any confidence here! It's looking more and more like i will end up getting a new TX before maiden flight on my X5 when it arrives. I'm thinking i will be using the uBeast that comes with the X5 and running it with the 2801-pro on my 450. Maybe that will give me enough statistical data to feel comfortable with it. By then, i will have probably ordered my new TX. I doubt it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
Maybe this doesn't belong here since I am only using a Walkera tx... but anyway. I bought an Alzrc Devil 450 FAST, Tarot ZYX, and Spektrum AR6200 w/ sat. I just finished the build and maidened it today. So far I am impressed with the ZYX, I was taking it pretty easy though. But it seemed to handle the wind better than my 2702v. It was extremely windy so I didn't try any flips or piros. I usually don't do any flips on a maiden anyway. I am very interested to see how well the piro comp works, the only fbl unit I've used before is the 2702v.
Running the Deviation? It's interesting, but hard to trust.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:04 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
LOL, i might have to take you up on that RC Bathroom door!! I have a gas powered blower, a big tarp and a bathroom door that i've been eye balling as a quick throw together Hover craft If i can work out some way to do propulsion and have the blower keep the hovercraft pocket inflated. Well. That would be pretty damn cool. Even for a Walkera RX




This is not giving me any confidence here! It's looking more and more like i will end up getting a new TX before maiden flight on my X5 when it arrives. I'm thinking i will be using the uBeast that comes with the X5 and running it with the 2801-pro on my 450. Maybe that will give me enough statistical data to feel comfortable with it. By then, i will have probably ordered my new TX. I doubt it though.



Running the Deviation? It's interesting, but hard to trust.
I have regular contact with a fella at Buzzflyer over here in the UK. They are a Gaui stockist.

He said He has had issues with compatibility between the uBeastX and the 2801 RX, in that the Heli violently shakes around. Use of a Spektrum RX works fine.

At Buzzflyer, He had the option of supplying it in kit form or prebuilt with a 2801 RX, but I believe it's just offered with the option of a Futaba or Spekky unit now.

Just thought I would point this out.

I have a 2801 pro here, and although I like it, I wouldn't use it on something half decent like an X5.

I just limit its use to my junkers like the Genius and V400d02.

Perhaps look out for a dx6i and RX and sat... They're reliable and can be bought for less than a Days wage.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:14 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post


This is not giving me any confidence here! It's looking more and more like i will end up getting a new TX before maiden flight on my X5 when it arrives. I'm thinking i will be using the uBeast that comes with the X5 and running it with the 2801-pro on my 450. Maybe that will give me enough statistical data to feel comfortable with it. By then, i will have probably ordered my new TX. I doubt it though.
I forgot to add that the Align 3G unit on my 450 is unusable now. The channels seems to be scrambled. All indications are that my troubles are related to that unit. I have switched out the receivers from the 450 into my 250 without any problems.

So far, I have only heard of Align FBL systems used with 2801 pro receivers. My 250 definitely flies very well.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Before we get to paranoid, and start the endless walkera bashing, here is a note about spectrum.

I posted the vid on the crash thread, but my friend installed a brand new Dx7 in his 600 scale md500, and it also got locked out causing the crash. And lets not forget the recall of the ds6i.

Dont be afraid to fly your heli because the stories you read that happen to others.

I've got a beastX and 2801 pro in my 500 now, with no 'shakeing'. Maybe they had some paramaters setup wrong. Walkera does have its 'special needs' sometimes.

I trust my 2801 pro rx way more than i trust the 2702v to stay in the air. But thats because i fly them so that they can prove themselves to me. If i relied on the 'stories' i hear about the different systems, i'ed be in a different hobby.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Spekrum has got much more bad history than Walkera although Walkera is rarely used in aircraft over 450. Although a lot of issues were due to incorrect installation, the fact remains that Futaba has far fewer problems. We had a lot of problems reported for DSM and DSM2 in Hong Kong. That was why many JR users decided to keep their 72 mHZ equipment here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1708692
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Before we get to paranoid, and start the endless walkera bashing, here is a note about spectrum.

I posted the vid on the crash thread, but my friend installed a brand new Dx7 in his 600 scale md500, and it also got locked out causing the crash. And lets not forget the recall of the ds6i.

Dont be afraid to fly your heli because the stories you read that happen to others.

I've got a beastX and 2801 pro in my 500 now, with no 'shakeing'. Maybe they had some paramaters setup wrong. Walkera does have its 'special needs' sometimes.

I trust my 2801 pro rx way more than i trust the 2702v to stay in the air. But thats because i fly them so that they can prove themselves to me. If i relied on the 'stories' i hear about the different systems, i'ed be in a different hobby.
Walkera and their cheap prices allowed me to enter this hobby when I was pretty much penniless, and the continuous fettling to improve the often shabby workmanship and soft buttery metals allowed me to learn, and learn quite fast.

Along with perhaps a 10% production of mediocrely decent heli's (just micro) I see this as the only saving grace.

You mention about the dx6i being recalled, but I don't see this as a bad thing.

If Walkera release shabby and untested beta products as they OFTEN do, us, the end consumer are lumbered with it. Either that, or we have to return it to China at our expense.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Blade, but, at least Horizon hobby (Spektrum) have the decency to recall the stuff and repair it. I even know of people with Spektrum and Blade stuff that is well out of warranty, but Horizon have seen them right.

I own 4 or 5 Walkera's at present and have owned several previous, and I believe they deserve the bad rep' they have built. It's only their own fault.

I have given them chance after chance, after chance, but, after owning decent quality stuff it's not difficult to see why I and many others look at Walkera with a very dim view.

Just my 1p.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:47 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
I have regular contact with a fella at Buzzflyer over here in the UK. They are a Gaui stockist.

He said He has had issues with compatibility between the uBeastX and the 2801 RX, in that the Heli violently shakes around. Use of a Spektrum RX works fine.

At Buzzflyer, He had the option of supplying it in kit form or prebuilt with a 2801 RX, but I believe it's just offered with the option of a Futaba or Spekky unit now.

Just thought I would point this out.

I have a 2801 pro here, and although I like it, I wouldn't use it on something half decent like an X5.

I just limit its use to my junkers like the Genius and V400d02.

Perhaps look out for a dx6i and RX and sat... They're reliable and can be bought for less than a Days wage.
Dude, i don't know how much you get paid. But i don't know a single person that could buy a DX6 with a days wage. Maybe 2 or 3 days. I live in Florida man.

So the hunt continues. I MAY setup and try my uBeast in my 450 and see whats up. I don't see many people complaining about Spektrum locking out in 2012. The few people i have contacted and asked if they were using a satellite, they said no. So obviously no matter what setup has to do with it. But I can get a Futaba 7C on ebay without the servos and stuff. I wouldn't doubt if i would like the functionality and layout on a Futaba better. Because Spek really kind of sucks with how they skimp out on things between their models. Like a simple back light or 3 mode flight switch. Whatever. They don't have to be so stingy on functionality for how much you pay. It's not like it costs them any more or less money either way per unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
Walkera and their cheap prices allowed me to enter this hobby when I was pretty much penniless, and the continuous fettling to improve the often shabby workmanship and soft buttery metals allowed me to learn, and learn quite fast.

Along with perhaps a 10% production of mediocrely decent heli's (just micro) I see this as the only saving grace.

You mention about the dx6i being recalled, but I don't see this as a bad thing.

If Walkera release shabby and untested beta products as they OFTEN do, us, the end consumer are lumbered with it. Either that, or we have to return it to China at our expense.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Blade, but, at least Horizon hobby (Spektrum) have the decency to recall the stuff and repair it. I even know of people with Spektrum and Blade stuff that is well out of warranty, but Horizon have seen them right.

I own 4 or 5 Walkera's at present and have owned several previous, and I believe they deserve the bad rep' they have built. It's only their own fault.

I have given them chance after chance, after chance, but, after owning decent quality stuff it's not difficult to see why I and many others look at Walkera with a very dim view.

Just my 1p.
I think that is pretty well said. I believe it was the DX8 that was recalled? I don't know, but the truth is some people may be scorned, as i am with Walkera. So it will be hard for them to trust Spektrum ever again. Because it's very hard for me to trust Walkera ever again. Having experienced horrible Rx/gyro issues with them all the way down to the V120 level on the V120D05. So it's not exactly a singular incident that brought on my ill feelings for them. Though the worst and most costly has been the 2702V. But at the end of the day, Spektrum ACTUALLY RECALLED. Instead of basically and nearly literally saying "You bought it, now it's your problem to fix".

I will defend this one thing. The Warranty and support for Spektrum only goes as far as the US boarder. After that, those guys out of town get nothing. So it's easy to see why they would go with the cheaper WK stuff. But my argument has been DON'T DO WHAT I DID!!!! I Fed UP by over investing in Walkera and trying to use their products in big helicopters. Sure their micros are cool, and a good place to learn. But going big with Walkera will wipe you out! On top of that my mission is to, by force of will, make Walkera correct their poor practices. The greasy wheel gets the grease, so they say. Also because, to quote Edmund Burke. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." As far as i'm concerned. Without warning people, without information to know better. Walkera can get away with whatever they like. Because they don't warranty anything. They don't document anything. So, when someone has an issue, they can sweep it under the carpet as long as they can. Wait till it's mass public knowledge and already cost their customers thousands collectively and it's become common knowledge enough to hurt them. THEN maybe they will address the issue. Because apparently they still are selling defective 2702V units with a massive safety issue ?? I don't know. It seems like at least Spektrum tries. Walkera just exists.

I've loved my Walkera micros. The got me here. I couldn't have afforded this right off the bat. No. That is a good point. But I could have also learned on a simulator and then got a really nice heli and saved thousands of dollars at this point. YES, i have spent THOUSANDS on Walkera products this year alone. Mostly the V450 racking up the repair bills and replacing electronics. But hell my first heli purchase was about $1200 and it was only a V120D02S, 4f200 and a sim with some parts and a aluminum case. Who says Walkera is cheap?
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:04 AM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Can you say, "Can of worms."
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:55 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
I am at Walkera's doorstep and obviously support and expertise is much better than overseas. Walkera do honor their warranty with transmitters and receivers. In fact, they will try to repair receivers free of charge whether it is a warranty issue or not, and also well after the warranty has expired. A vendor here who is the official Walkera repair agent even offers lifetime free repairs on all Walkera helis sold there, provided that you pay for parts. HH's warranty and support does not apply here. If anything goes wrong with a transmitter, it would have to be sent back to the US for repair. That is why most Blade stuff is unselleable over here because they are too expensve for what they are without support.

As far as larger Walkera helis are concerned. They are not sold in Hong Kong and they are not popular in China either. To date, I have never seen a V450D01 let alone a V500D01. The only exception was the V400D02 but the vendors did not carry parts because they were only bought by foreign visitors. As bad as it is, you have to compare the V400D02 with what was available at that time. I believe you would have had a much nastier time with the Blade SR or CPX, or Esky King 2. My opinion is that you should never have bought a V450D01, V400D02, or 4F200. However, they belong to a different era in Walkera's history.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Oct 26, 2012 at 05:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:19 AM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
I have complete trust in my walkera 2801 pro tx/rx. I also have complete trust in the rx in my V400D02 and the rx in the M120. This is a flight/crash count with my walkera controled helis sence i started flying two years ago.

FLIGHT COUNT
M120D02 = 80 flights / 1 crash

V400 (sold)= 188 flights / 5 crash

SuperV400 = 101 flights / 1 crash

450 Pro = 180 flight / 10 crash

HK500 = 75 flights / 8 crash

HK600 = 73 flights / 3 crash

TOTAL = 691 flights / 28 crash


out of the 28 crashes, only 4 were caused by pilot error. Most of the crashes with the V400 were due to brushed motors dieing in flight. The superV went down due to a power system glitch. The 450 pro (that was mostly flying with a 2702v) went down due to mechanical problems (blades popping off, tail section failure, and servos burning out). The 500 also had a 2702v but three of those crashes were due to a bad servo, the rest were lock outs. The 600 started out with a 2702v (taken out of the 450pro) and two of those crashes were lock outs. I set the id's on the 2702's when i put them in the bigger helis. I had over 20 flights with each before the lock outs started to happen. The 2801 pro rx w/quark gyro setup that was in the 450pro for a while and is now in the 600 has never had problem. I now have a 2801pro rx w/beastX in the 500 and it has been problem free for the first 3 flights.

Alot of guys are flying 2702v rx's with no problems, we just need to find out what went wrong with ours. WOW hobbies is pretty good at takeing up the slack for walkera when they sell defective products, and even have a policy not to sell questionable items.

It could be that the lock outs in the 2702v rx's are a side effect of internal damage caused in a crash...

All i know is that i will trust my 2801pro tx/rx until it proves me wrong.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:58 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
I'll be using the RX701 and Devo, with Tarot ZYX-S gyro (ordered from Oomodel) I have no doubt it will be reliable, it was just the WK RX/Gyro combo I wasn't sure about. I really like the Devo TX (Devo 10) really easy to use and feels good to hold. Its my first programmable TX and for me, its more than enough, and I feel confident using WK RX's. Just not the ones with built in Gyro's - with what I've read I'd always be waiting for it to fail.
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:57 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I am at Walkera's doorstep and obviously support and expertise is much better than overseas. Walkera do honor their warranty with transmitters and receivers. In fact, they will try to repair receivers free of charge whether it is a warranty issue or not, and also well after the warranty has expired. A vendor here who is the official Walkera repair agent even offers lifetime free repairs on all Walkera helis sold there, provided that you pay for parts. HH's warranty and support does not apply here. If anything goes wrong with a transmitter, it would have to be sent back to the US for repair. That is why most Blade stuff is unselleable over here because they are too expensve for what they are without support.

As far as larger Walkera helis are concerned. They are not sold in Hong Kong and they are not popular in China either. To date, I have never seen a V450D01 let alone a V500D01. The only exception was the V400D02 but the vendors did not carry parts because they were only bought by foreign visitors. As bad as it is, you have to compare the V400D02 with what was available at that time. I believe you would have had a much nastier time with the Blade SR or CPX, or Esky King 2. My opinion is that you should never have bought a V450D01, V400D02, or 4F200. However, they belong to a different era in Walkera's history.

Good points. The 4F200 is still my favorite, most reliable, least maintenance, consistent flier. With the 2618V and a hobbywing ESC i have not had a single lock out or any issues. If the heli is lubricated and setup properly (blade tracking, nothing bent) i never have to maintain anything but the bearings. Every once in a great while (20-30 flights) i check the swash and blade grip linkages to make sure they are not coming loose. Otherwise, my 4f200 is the ONLY Walkera heli that i will NEVER doubt once it's on my heli pad. It will launch, fly, flip and roll. All without giving strange pitch ups and downs because of loose RX wires, or the RX tape coming loose every now and then. Or any of the other minor problems the V120d02S gave me. Not to mention the belt tail is very durable, so no replacing gears if you happen to slap your tail. So, while i regret the initial experience of the 4f200 and shun Walkera for their inability to recognize, correct, address, or notice the issue with the 2612V. For that matter i shun them MOSTLY for not fixing the VERY KNOWN issue, right up till the heli was sold out and no longer in production anymore. They could have offered complete replacement of the RX or some kind of compensation since the RX had known gyro and lock out issues. Even though i had that experience, after upgrading the heli myself. It was and still is my favorite heli. I can say the same thing about my V120D05 too. Even though that one had quite a hefty upgrade fee attached. I prefer it to my V120D02S, BY FAR, now. However, no matter what efforts i made to fix the V450. They were for not! Why? Because apparently, the 2702V was the root of the problems from the start. With no alternative 2801-pro RX/Gyro to try to fix the problem myself (as i have had to do with all my WK helicopters except the D02S). I was left with only one option. After spending all that money, SPEND MORE! Get a separate Gyro and RX. It just becomes easier at some point to just tell the truth about them. It's not bashing if it's being honest. It's just facts. Their new RX/Gyros do not instill any farther feelings of reliance either. With all the mixed reports of the performance of the 6 axis gyros.

I love my Walkera products for what they were. A fix up project for me. A reason for me to wake up and say "Who can i help today". Because someone out there is kicking themselves for buying one of these too! I just got tired of walking around behind Walkera and picking up the pieces. Right now i just want to know WHY!!! WHY!!!!! the random defects in the 2702V?!? What is causing it? I seriously don't know if i can ever just let it go and drop it till i figure this one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I have complete trust in my walkera 2801 pro tx/rx. I also have complete trust in the rx in my V400D02 and the rx in the M120. This is a flight/crash count with my walkera controled helis sence i started flying two years ago.

FLIGHT COUNT
M120D02 = 80 flights / 1 crash

V400 (sold)= 188 flights / 5 crash

SuperV400 = 101 flights / 1 crash

450 Pro = 180 flight / 10 crash

HK500 = 75 flights / 8 crash

HK600 = 73 flights / 3 crash

TOTAL = 691 flights / 28 crash


out of the 28 crashes, only 4 were caused by pilot error. Most of the crashes with the V400 were due to brushed motors dieing in flight. The superV went down due to a power system glitch. The 450 pro (that was mostly flying with a 2702v) went down due to mechanical problems (blades popping off, tail section failure, and servos burning out). The 500 also had a 2702v but three of those crashes were due to a bad servo, the rest were lock outs. The 600 started out with a 2702v (taken out of the 450pro) and two of those crashes were lock outs. I set the id's on the 2702's when i put them in the bigger helis. I had over 20 flights with each before the lock outs started to happen. The 2801 pro rx w/quark gyro setup that was in the 450pro for a while and is now in the 600 has never had problem. I now have a 2801pro rx w/beastX in the 500 and it has been problem free for the first 3 flights.

Alot of guys are flying 2702v rx's with no problems, we just need to find out what went wrong with ours. WOW hobbies is pretty good at takeing up the slack for walkera when they sell defective products, and even have a policy not to sell questionable items.

It could be that the lock outs in the 2702v rx's are a side effect of internal damage caused in a crash...

All i know is that i will trust my 2801pro tx/rx until it proves me wrong.
Man, i'm glad i didn't keep a flight/crash log on any of my helicopters. I'm sure my V450 log would be something like 100 flights and 45 lock outs, or more. I seriously never made it more than 5 or so flights without lock out. Unfortunately for me i just installed a new ESC and servos, so i had no idea what the problem was. I switched out all the electronics so many times. Just resisting the fact that it could be the RX. I'm sure i actually have about 200 flights or more on the V450. But i have crashed it so many times i can't keep track. I've only crashed it one time that was my fault. Though i did just get a little app for my phone and i will probably log my flights, times, packs and all that data as i go with the Gaui.

I made an extra $300 on a side job today. So, i will be buying a DX8 i think. After looking at the Futaba 7C, it's nice but it's a pile of junk too. If anyone decides to go Futaba get the 8J or anything above the 7C. The 7C is okay, but everyone seems to complain about the programming and menus. The guy at my LHS said it's a waste of money. Go bigger or get a Spektrum he said. All i know is i'm glad i have the money so i can feel safe. Even if a spek does lock me out. At least i wont feel like an ass for sticking with Walkera after everything. I said it in the X5 thread. I dare anyone to prove that i can't just make money appear when i need it though the power of positive thinking and the universe's law of attraction. 3 weeks ago, there was no way i could have bought this heli. But i focused my mind on nothing but that. Resonating nothing but vibes (thought waves/transmission) that would hopefully bring money or a new heli my way. The Universe, or what some might call "god" (IMO) responded and send me money from all kinds of alternative sources other than work. Hell, my v450 is still for sale! Sure, i could call it coincidence. But i doubt it. Now i need to focus on sending out some vibes to get someone to buy that thing


Though, since i have the 2801-pro i will likely still be doing testing with it and the microbeast on my 450. Just because i need to try it myself. It's all great to take someone's word for it that the 2801-pro won't do what the 2702V did. But please realize that i was told that the 2702V was really good, for a Walkera. I can find people everywhere with massive support for it and loving their heli or v450 using it. So it stands to reason that the issue is random with the 2702V and as such, could be the case with the 2801-pro. Since, IMO, it's far LESS likely that people are using a 2801-pro for big heli. It's also far less likely that any incidence would be reported, let alone reported publicly. Even if it was reported publicly. It seems 90% of the time people support that it's not the unit but it must be the user. So it's totally likely that the 2801-pro has the same issues. But have no doubt. I don't mind spending my money on the 450 anymore. I will be finding out for myself weather or not the 2801-pro is worth it's existence.

Also about the comment/theory that the 2702V issue could be caused by internal damage. Well, i'm not electrical technician or anything. I've repaired a TV or two in my day though. I opened the 2702V up on multiple occasions. I can't see any physical or electrical damage. So it does not rule out internal damage, but it does lower it on the list a little. Except for the new $119 2702V i bought from wow immediately locked out in real flight after 3 strapped down test flights. The Rx did appear used. So the damage theory could be plausible. I guess when i receive my new version 2702V with longer antenna i can collect more data.


At this point i do want to send a massive THANK YOU to wowhobbies.com for their assistance with the 2702V unit! I would not have expected a exchange for a more expensive unit. But they did step up to the plate and fix it for me. I was really hoping they would try to get my original 2702V replaced though Walkera, but either my approach was wrong (anger) or it's just not possible. I am grateful they offered to replace the one new unit though.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 26, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Integrity, i'm glad your a good sport about the bad issues with your 2702v, and i look forward to your findings with the 'new' version that your getting. But, i dont think i'll trust my 2702 again, even without the set id.

I wish you luck with the dx8. Put it through some tests as i have seen those lock out just like the 2702, but the throttle did cut, and the heli did fall out of the sky right in front of me. I'll post a link to it in the crash thread. If there is a perfectly reliable radio system out there, let me know which one it is. And use your powers of the universe to 'wish' me the thousands that it will cost.

Does anyone know or have a walkera rx/gyro combo in a plane? I have a plan but need to do some research.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Data Help for new pilots and beyond cantyman Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 4 Oct 24, 2012 01:47 PM
Discussion First time builder's supply guide for Scratch-Building: Beyond the Basics Disco Stew Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 1 Oct 13, 2012 04:56 PM
Question Esky A300 or Walk Lama EC135 or Walk 53QD ? PCaola Coaxial Helicopters 8 May 18, 2012 12:03 AM
Discussion Actro 24-3 vs X-Era 4025-667 2.5Y (X-Era superior in all respects) blueviewlaguna Large Electric Helis 51 Feb 27, 2009 02:28 PM
Cool Walk the walk Don Sims Humor 3 May 10, 2004 02:17 AM