HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
I for one didn't find any difference between the 4 and 8 plugs boards.
Mine have the same flight characteristics.
On the other hand I've fount a BIG difference between the first TXs (with fake right button) and the "new" ones that comes with the V949/939.
When I use the old one with the "8 plugs" the flight is erratic.
When I use the new one with the "4 plugs", the flight is normal.
Do you have this 8-plug board? This is the one I've found to be inferior.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:03 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,153 Posts
I bought two 929's when they first came out. After over four months both fly very well with T9X. My impression is a great deal and product that has held up very well. Still using original batteries and yes they are flown almost every day. My new V939 will not stay bound to T9X for some reason , but stock TX is no problem ?? V939 is not as stable as V929's, but I still like it. Flying U816 you get use to flying it all the time. No slack here you need to be on it at all times. I like the lights on V939 and well done.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:10 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Do you have this 8-plug board? This is the one I've found to be inferior.
Yes, Stone, same board specs but without the white "glue" on the bottom-left and with the battery wires soldered on the front side. (It shouldn't make any difference though)
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:14 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,346 Posts
I sent myrcmart an email,to ask why the photo shows the 4 plug board.Here is the reply from myrcmart

The 8-plug receiver board is the latest version has no difference to the old one. The new board provides the best flying yet.the extra plugs are for LED lights which are for V949.No more old receiver.We will not update our picture to show the new board.
My guess is this is the board that all V949s will have also.I wish I would have jumped on the band wagon earlier and got a first or second generation board.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:52 AM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Érezée
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Hi all, i ve a V929 and i ve buy the new 8 plugs board to replace my original one (4plugs), i install it and now it seem to be impossible to bind the transmitter (original one) with this new board, the red light is flashing and when i turn the transmitter on... the light continue to flash.

Is there a tip or this new board is incompatible with the V929 transmitter ?

Thanks,
ElPombo is offline Find More Posts by ElPombo
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
I bound the v949 to my original v929 TX over the weekend. I didn't do anything different.

Here's a question. Does the v929 RX with 8plugs allow the quad to flip using the v929 transmitter?

Because on the v949, you gotta hold the top right button while pushing the stick in the direction you want to flip. Using a v929 TX, there is no top right button.

If the answer is Yes...

It means that the v929 RX with 8 plugs is NOT the same as the v949 RX with 8 plugs.

If the answer is No...
...then v929 owners using the stock radio, will not be able to flip their quad if they replace with the newer v929RX with 8 plugs. I tested my v929 TX on my friend v949, and I was not able to flip the v949.

@stonecutter

Your 8plug board. Are you still able to flip using the stock v929 TX?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Nov 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:32 PM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Érezée
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
after trying and retrying.....now it s ok, i dont know why but it s working .

i m not sure but now it s seem more powerful and the motors are more noisy (a little bit), may be it s just me, but...
ElPombo is offline Find More Posts by ElPombo
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:00 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I bound the v949 to my original v929 TX over the weekend. I didn't do anything different.

Here's a question. Does the v929 RX with 8plugs allow the quad to flip using the v929 transmitter?

Because on the v949, you gotta hold the top right button while pushing the stick in the direction you want to flip. Using a v929 TX, there is no top right button.

If the answer is Yes...

It means that the v929 RX with 8 plugs is NOT the same as the v949 RX with 8 plugs.

If the answer is No...
...then v929 owners using the stock radio, will not be able to flip their quad if they replace with the newer v929RX with 8 plugs. I tested my v929 TX on my friend v949, and I was not able to flip the v949.

@stonecutter

Your 8plug board. Are you still able to flip using the stock v929 TX?
Yes, I can flip the 8-plug v929 board (both on v929 craft and on v939 craft) using all of my wl toys tx's, which include v911, v929/v939 w/o top right button, v929/v939 with top right button, of course the top right button doesn't trigger the flip, full right stick on high rate triggers the flip.

Edit: yes, it does sound like the v929 8plug is different from the v949 8plug, that could explain why many people say the 8pplug board flies great, must be talking about the v949 8plug. The v929 8plug I have definitely flies inferior to the 4plug version. Seems WL Toys listened to us complaining about accidental auto-flips and redesigned the v949 board, and (I hope) retained the flight characteristics of the earlier 4-plug.
Last edited by stonecutter; Nov 13, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:22 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
Daryoon, Stone, thank you for your comments. They are reshaping the whole Rx board picture.

Stone, just to confirm, your V929 Replacement Rx reads FD02R-1 Rev 02?

I see that you could flip it with the V929 Tx. Could you also switch the lights ON/OFF with the right button, perhaps using the V939 Tx?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:24 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation StoneCutter.

The rev denotes the board revision. But the software may be unique depending on if the RX is being sold for the v929 or v949.

That's why Banggood doesn't have v949 spare RX listed yet.

Just for completeness, cuz I can't find the old post where you may already confirm, your is a Rev02 8plug correct? The post above with the picture you attach seems to say Yes.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
Daryoon, you're right, I forgot to check the picture. The Rev is the same one I was thinking.

Stone's V929 Tx may not have a right button but the V939 Tx should. If he plugs a motor into the LED socket, and be able to switch it on/off with a "right button". Oh boy, that would be fun!!!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
Stone, I'm not sure about your comment about "many people says the 8plug board flies great." Because base on my own recollection, the 8plug boards have inferior flight characteristics. They are "too stable" now.

Perhaps, your 8plugs is the same stable version, but with different firmware that works with 929 controls.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:44 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
After trying to flip my friend's v949 with the Turnigy 9x, it seems to fly very well. I get near vertical, skids touching the walls indoors, and still able to recover as it falls. I don't see the wobble that people mention due to the vortex ring state either.

At 100% rates and negative expo, it flies really, really nice.

In fact, I will refresh my v929 with non-broken booms so I can do an A:B comparison outdoors. My v929 with broken boom still flies so nicely. Been putting off the repair.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:45 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Daryoon, you're right, I forgot to check the picture. The Rev is the same one I was thinking.

Stone's V929 Tx may not have a right button but the V939 Tx should. If he plugs a motor into the LED socket, and be able to switch it on/off with a "right button". Oh boy, that would be fun!!!
The 8-plug boards I have are/were marketed as replacement v929 rx's. The 4 led plugs can be toggled on-off by the top right button of a tx that has it (newer v929/939 ones), but no throttle control, I've connected a motor to one and can confirm it does have enough voltage to run the motor, but does not provide a lot of lift as I recalled. And the toggle have no memory, it always starts in the off position at power up, regardless of how you left it when powering off. Strangely, it seems to fly better on a v939 (my OEM v939 board died mysteriously) than on a v929.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
Thank you, Stone. That's very interesting. So your V929 replacement RX, which has the same appearance as the V949 RX, has very different behavior. Daryoon's theory was spot on. I, on the other hand, my brain is scrambled by all these different versions of stuff.

Nonetheless, based on your observation, with this replacement RX, we should be able to flip without using the button, and control the lights with the button. At power on, I think the lights would be off. But if you press on the right light switch, the lights could be toggle on/off. Now V929 owners would not have lights to begin with. But it's likely that they could easily add lights with this replacement board.

Whereas, if people like the button control flips, they should stick with the V949. But if they want button-free flips and button control lights, they could drop a V929 replacement Rx (which has the same Rev and everything) into their V949 and get that!

Or, did I mess up again?