SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Sep 2011
21 Posts
Discussion
GPS not working with new firmware

OK, this is really strange:

I changed my firmware for three times to be sure about this: My GPS is working with the beta firmware two steps back, but not with the newest or the second oldest. It just blinks magenta with the new firmware. I have done every calibration several times again and changed between firmwares several times. I have no idea what could possibly be wrong as I haven't see anyone else complaining.

Possible reasons I have ruled out:
- It can't be about the sd-card as the beta firmware should already blink if there would be something wrong it.
- Again, I can't see how it could be my gps-module or copter as the gps works great with the beta firmware.

Help me please.

edit: Forgot to mention: The board beebs four times, so my hoverfly pro notices the GPS board.

George?

Thanks?
kuutee is offline Find More Posts by kuutee
Last edited by kuutee; Jan 14, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:33 PM
North Lake Tahoe
Joined Nov 2009
605 Posts
Did you update the firmware on both your HFP and GPS board to match the same firmware?
tahoelight is offline Find More Posts by tahoelight
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoelight View Post
Did you update the firmware on both your HFP and GPS board to match the same firmware?
Of course, several times. So there is not a tiny change of them being different firmware.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
21 Posts
Resolved

This is now resolved.

My gps antenna was broken by cold. Changed it and it started to work again. Strange, that it still worked with older firmware.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:00 PM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
The older firmware probably didn't have a check for the GPS antenna and the newer firmware does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuutee View Post
This is now resolved.

My gps antenna was broken by cold. Changed it and it started to work again. Strange, that it still worked with older firmware.
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor