HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2014, 06:41 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,995 Posts
If that's not it, it maybe the battery was not charged, or the ESC is thinking it should be a 4s and cutting power through LVC to avoid destroying a 4s battery.... (12v = 4 x 3v cutoff).

??
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Last edited by Toppers; Nov 05, 2014 at 10:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2014, 12:00 PM
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbonez5670 View Post
I'm Having a strange problem with my Hurricane. The only change I have made since its last flight was to replace the prop. Im using a 12x8 prop because I cant find a 11.75x7 with out special order. Anyhow all my plane will do is taxi it cant seem to generate enough speed to get in the air. Any suggestions??
the hub on your new prop is thinner that the original. the prop adapter on the motor is taped for the thicker std prop. so it tightens up just like it should and the prop has enough friction to hand spin. but under motor power it slips, i put a alcohal drive washer over the prop hub then tighten it up and all is good.

Joe
paladin-34 is offline Find More Posts by paladin-34
Old Nov 05, 2014, 10:33 PM
Master Destroyer of foam
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
If that's not it, it maybe the battery was not charged, or the ESC is thinking it should be a 4s and cutting power through LVC to avoid destroying a 4s battery.... (12v = 4 x 3v cutoff).

??
Thought that could be a problem as well so I double checked the ESC and its good

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin-34 View Post
the hub on your new prop is thinner that the original. the prop adapter on the motor is taped for the thicker std prop. so it tightens up just like it should and the prop has enough friction to hand spin. but under motor power it slips, i put a alcohal drive washer over the prop hub then tighten it up and all is good.

Joe
Thanks I will give that a try

New problem
Got really excited today found some hinges that will work on the flaps for my hurricane. After about ten minutes into the repair I could not seem to find one of the plastic flaps. After looking around I see my wonderful yellow lab staring at me with the flap in her mouth. Rushed over to get it when I saw she had eaten half of it. Yum Yum

I know they come as a part of the wing set but buy chance does anyone know where I can find some.
Fishbonez5670 is offline Find More Posts by Fishbonez5670
Last edited by Fishbonez5670; Nov 05, 2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2014, 10:37 PM
Master Destroyer of foam
Joined Jun 2011
72 Posts
oops double post
Old Nov 06, 2014, 12:21 AM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
2,023 Posts
LOL, sorry but I also have dogs. Your post cracked me up!
nom is online now Find More Posts by nom
Old Nov 06, 2014, 01:41 AM
Master Destroyer of foam
Joined Jun 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nom View Post
LOL, sorry but I also have dogs. Your post cracked me up!
Yea I hear that. It is pretty funny. It was hard to yell at the dog when your smiling. For now Im just leaving them off and may try to make some out of foam or balsa if I cant fin any somewhere
Old Nov 06, 2014, 09:51 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Yea I hear that. It is pretty funny. It was hard to yell at the dog when your smiling. For now Im just leaving them off and may try to make some out of foam or balsa if I cant fin any somewhere
If someone has some flaps saved from a wreck that would be best but If you have a local hobby shop near you might try making some from some styrene plastic sheet of same thickness. Or maybe some plastic sheet from the internet and bit extra for your dog.....

Good luck
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Nov 07, 2014, 06:56 AM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,449 Posts
Another option is to cut the flaps put of the wings and make yourself some foam flaps like seen on other models. A bit less scale I know, but they would have pretty much the same affect flight wise.

If you want to stick split flaps,. I have used the flat bottom of plastic containers and cut then to size on other planes and with a bit of rubber cement to tack them in place, they seem to work much the same as the stock ones also.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old Nov 07, 2014, 12:39 PM
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
897 Posts
when i got it i never expected the flaps to last at 70degrees (what mine come down). so my plan was to trace them, u still have one of the sides (right), and cut them out of 1/64 marine ply. laminate two layers togeather to get it flat. then add balsa at the LE to hinge to making the all up thickness 3/16. then ribs occationally(balsa again), probably 4, one on each end and the others = spaced between. of coarse the hinges would be CA hinges.

I hope this helps

Joe
paladin-34 is offline Find More Posts by paladin-34
Old Nov 08, 2014, 08:33 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Fishbonez I have a bit of a beat up spare wing I am keeping around for spare parts. I hate to see a hurricane grounded. I also have a couple dogs and sorry to say got a chuckle out of your post as I can see mine doing the same thing.

On the road for a few weeks but pm me your address and I will strip off a flap and mail it to you. Which wing?

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Nov 10, 2014, 09:51 AM
Master Destroyer of foam
Joined Jun 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
Fishbonez I have a bit of a beat up spare wing I am keeping around for spare parts. I hate to see a hurricane grounded. I also have a couple dogs and sorry to say got a chuckle out of your post as I can see mine doing the same thing.

On the road for a few weeks but pm me your address and I will strip off a flap and mail it to you. Which wing?

Marlin
That would be appreciated beyond measure. As described from the pilots point of view it would be the right wing and it is the longer one. Thanks PM sent