SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2014, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
1,269 Posts
Discussion
Flysky FSI-10 system being sold..............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-FlySky-F...item461bd28add

Anybody seen this advertised anywhere else? I checked the Flysky website, but the only Chinese I am able to translate is on a menu.
Warjet1950 is offline Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Warjet1950; Mar 06, 2014 at 04:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2014, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by yorkiepap
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
718 Posts
Hey Tim,
That looks to be a nice unit, although there seems to be not too much info available as to usage or in-depth data regarding features & function parameters. It looks to be a touchscreen, albeit not indicated in the overall description. Seems FlySky needs to elaborate a bit more with their advertising & any customer input. The description specifies the new AFHDS-2 modulation including telemetry & does not indicate if compatible with the present AFHDS Rx's available. It certainly is appealing pricewise......

Denny
yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Old Mar 05, 2014, 08:12 PM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
1,269 Posts
The seller on eBay sent me the manual (35 mb!). I asked him how did he get them to sell when Flysky hasn't introduced them yet, response was he got it direct from the HongKong distributor, whatever that means. Anyway, listing says it ships from HongKong, so who knows.............
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2014, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by kgd1
United States, NJ, Plainsboro Township
Joined Aug 2009
231 Posts
Pretty cool!

FLYSKY FS-i10 初體驗 (4 min 51 sec)
kgd1 is offline Find More Posts by kgd1
Old Mar 05, 2014, 10:26 PM
Find More Posts by --Oz--
Quadaholic
United States, CA, Newport Beach
Joined Mar 2006
2,596 Posts
I will guess the Taranis is a better Tx for less cost. Rock solid RF link too, I like the color LCD, but not vertical. I hope they fixed the RF link over the flysky 9x Tx.
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Mar 06, 2014, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by rwsams
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Jan 2010
54 Posts
I've been looking for this since FlySky had some short videos on their site. Now maybe we can get the Taranis thread split for the new plus and make this one as lively! Thanks for the post.
Anyone ordered one yet? I still have my 9x and use it all the time.

Bob S.
Davis CA

PS - I have a Taranis, too, and love it! What a great time to be an RC freak!
rwsams is offline Find More Posts by rwsams
Old Mar 06, 2014, 03:15 PM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
1,269 Posts
I was thinking about buying it also, but I think I'll wait until some (reputable) online store has them. Rather not be the guinea pig for $259. At least I have the manual, so I can get familiar with it. The manual is pretty well written, but it's so big (35 mb), can 't post it anywhere.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2014, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by crazy8s
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Sep 2008
368 Posts
Warjet,
Does the manual mention what the model memory is on this thing?? With all of the stuff listed in the specs you would think that Flysky would have included this info for the public!

thanks!
crazy8s is offline Find More Posts by crazy8s
Old Mar 06, 2014, 04:32 PM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
1,269 Posts
20 model memory, plus more storage on micro sd card.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 08:31 AM
Find More Posts by reylf_gnijieB
Beijing, China
Joined Nov 2006
1,225 Posts
I had a prototype in my hands last May at the Beijing model show. It is fairly small, but by far the most comfortable Tx I've ever held, even though I have large hands.
reylf_gnijieB is offline Find More Posts by reylf_gnijieB
Old Mar 12, 2014, 05:53 PM
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
718 Posts
Hey guys,
For some reason I like to try the new stuff just out of curiosity as I've done many times before. You can't judge an item without having it in your hands. I ordered one of the new FLYSKY I10's on the 5th & got it today....not bad with 7days from China to SW PA. The box came wrapped in a heavy all-black plastic wrapper & had "FRAGILE" stickers with a wine glass label on each side.....pretty smart as it came perfectly intact with not a mark on it thru the USPS.

When I opened it, it was very nicely nested in thick dense foam & the box was a very heavy cardboard that very solid, so shipment will be fine. Everything shown on the listing was inside & the manual was on a 3.5" CD that I downloaded & printed out. They did quite a nice job with the manual with very precise & clear instructions. The battery is a Droid battery...3.7V & I found replacements on E-Bay reasonable. There were (3) sensors, temp/voltage/rpm, a USB cable to charge the battery in the Tx with a USB connection on the rear. Also, inside the battery compartment is the SD card receptacle, so the battery has to be removed. The Rx is a 10ch, dual antenna, w/bind plug & is the new 2.4Ghz AFHDS-2A modulation. Nothing mentioned that this was backward compatible with the original FLYSKY AFHDS, although, I'm gonna find out as I have an Rx on order.

The radio is ergonomically superb with thin case, nice grips & large color touchscreen that I personally like. The radio is setup Mode2, smooth throttle, with nothing mentioned in the manual for a ratchet setup which I was not pleased about, although I can deal with that. It has a nice 20 model memory & additional added on the SD2 card. The gimbals were quite smooth, albeit look to be cheaply made. All the switches are solid feel & lettered A-H so you can assign to your choice. On the upper front face are (3) rotating dials, VRA/VRB/VRC that are smooth & very nicely can be pressed down to be recessed.....neat. There are (2) ratcheting sliders on each top corner that are quite positive & easy to reach. They furnish a touchprobe inside the lower right corner tucked away & I found that the touch screen will work easily with a finger also. There is a screen protector in place that does protect from scratches. The screen will dim after 20sec to save the battery & brighten simply by touching again. The radio is setup for airplane/glider/heli with all the functions that most would need & would not serve the openTx geeks since that is another world that 90% of RC fliers don't need. This would make a decent 10ch radio for someone wanting to keep outlay fairly low & still get superb features. I'm going to set the Rx up on my test board(last pic) & do a range check before I install in one of my trainers to evaluate overall performance. Gonna read the manual several times & get the "feel" of it. I'll be honest & say that this unit won't replace my JR10X's, although, if it performs satisfactorily, I will use it on my (2) gliders.

Ok....here's some pics, a battery link, & I'll try to download the PDF manual, although Warjet indicated the file may be too large. If it is, PM me for my e-mail addy & I'll e-mail you a PDF copy.

Denny

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200875075800...84.m1423.l2649
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by sylvian1975
Joined May 2010
2 Posts
your item was shipped from HONG KONG , NOT China
sylvian1975 is offline Find More Posts by sylvian1975
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:26 PM
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
718 Posts
Close enough.....anything else????????????????
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by sylvian1975
Joined May 2010
2 Posts
Yes , but different
sylvian1975 is offline Find More Posts by sylvian1975
Old Mar 13, 2014, 01:26 AM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvian1975 View Post
your item was shipped from HONG KONG , NOT China
From the ChiCom's POV, Hong Kong IS China.
RCG Plus Member