HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:30 AM
Joined Oct 2005
195 Posts
Discussion
Whitspy (ready to fly quads) no response?? Help!

So.. After months of drooling over a high end FPV setup, and watching countless videos from everyone.. I decided to take the plunge and order up a HT-FPV with Nasa and GPS complete build and test flown with all the FPV gear installed from Whitspy. This order was just over $2,000.

Ordered last week...

I have sent 4 emails, left two messages, and tried further called 6 times.

Nothing.

Ah..... ????? I have just a few basic questions, and I wanted to speak with someone. LOL. Is that too much to ask? $2000 order and horrid customer service.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Travis.
Tharr62 is offline Find More Posts by Tharr62
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:42 AM
Joined Feb 2011
647 Posts
There's a thread for his quads where you might be able to get some help:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...16168&page=418
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:29 AM
Winging It
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2005
51 Posts
Witespy is a one-person business. He had a very busy December, as heís mentioned in the Witespy and Flip threads here. Give him a week or so to recover from the holiday rush and Iím sure heíll respond to your questions.
petej is offline Find More Posts by petej
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Oct 2005
195 Posts
Thanks pete! I was just looking for someone to say "Hey, I got your order.. and I am working on it.. I have been busy, and I can speak with you in a few days etc..." It was the "nothing" response that makes people feel insecure.. especially when I know he has seen the e-mails, has seen my order of $2K come in.. and has gotten my voice mails. We all check these things daily..

I will give him another week to at least respond... Thanks again..
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:27 PM
Palm Bay, FL
Joined Nov 2005
173 Posts
Sounds like he needs to hire some help.
grnd0 is offline Find More Posts by grnd0
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:26 PM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,854 Posts
In the HT Flip FPV thread, Tom (Hoverthings) said Paul has over 40 complete quads to build as a result of the Christmas rush, yours is one of those. Imagine all 40+ sending emails, phoning and demanding service as you have. The service will come. Paul is a solid guy and is a respected and trusted member of this community. You are in good hands, don't worry.
martinic is offline Find More Posts by martinic
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:38 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,551 Posts
Its new years and the holidays, every business is playing catchup. He is a one man business and reliable and a great guy.

Just give him a chance to get to ya. He's a fantastic seller
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:18 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,265 Posts
yes we are here. Sorry you have not been able to reach us. I "swear" I called back everyone I missing this morning.

please call me again. 727 386-9502 .. I had 33 voice messages today. , and all mixxed up now. I thought I called everyone back. Tom took a little vacation, but I have been working.

PM me here. I do not know your location or name to call you back ! ekk sorry again.
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:21 AM
Joined Oct 2005
195 Posts
Thanks so much. PM sent!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:20 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2013
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinic View Post
In the HT Flip FPV thread, Tom (Hoverthings) said Paul has over 40 complete quads to build as a result of the Christmas rush, yours is one of those. Imagine all 40+ sending emails, phoning and demanding service as you have. The service will come. Paul is a solid guy and is a respected and trusted member of this community. You are in good hands, don't worry.
IMHO with that amount of sales, he needs, as someone else suggested, to hire someone.
hoggdoc is offline Find More Posts by hoggdoc
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:22 AM
Joined Oct 2005
195 Posts
Well, I can give you an update on this whole deal with Paul. I of course got my quad, and there were some items missing such as: Cord to connect go-pro to vtx, also missing was the setup DVD, and lastly, the charge adapter (deans) for the FS goggles I bought from him too. So, all in all I was able to only fly the quad LOS and no FPV. He said he would send it right over.. and guess what. Today is one full month.. and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE ITEMS TO FPV!

I have called him, and spoken to him.. I have texted back and forth.. and he told me he is having issues getting the cord. So, I told him no prob. just send me the charge cord for the FS goggles and I will find my own cord. I told him to send next day. This was 5 days ago, and still nothing. Not even a simple charge cord.

SO.. I went and bought everything from someone else and have FINALY after a month FPV'ed my new quad. (pretty cool too).

I think Paul is a great guy, and I think he means well. However, for thous of us throwing around money for this stuff.. it is a business.. and I want what was paid for, and I want service where he is sending the missing items next day. Clearly if he cant get the right cord from where ever he gets it.. there is a problem. I found it in 5 sec on google and had it shipped to me. But, thats $40 I should have have spent. HE should be doing this.

Advise, IF you go with him to build your quad:

1. It will take about 2 to 3 weeks to get it.

2. There very well could be missing items (as I see has happened with others too)

3. Getting the missing items could be a challenge

4. Getting ahold of Paul is also a challenge.

This experience to me is 3 out of 5 stars.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:57 AM
Mentor, Ohio
Joined Dec 2004
87 Posts
Bad Experience with Readtoflyquads - Paul Baxter

I was a first time customer of readytoflyquads - Paul Baxter. A few weeks ago, I ordered 4 motors. Paul sent the WRONG motors. Paul admitted to sending the wrong motors. I was forced to open a PayPal dispute (that I won) to get a refund. Since the mistake was 100% Paulís fault, I asked for reimbursement on shipping charges. Nothing, very poor customer Service. I found a much better vendor and will NEVER buy anything from readytoflyquads - Paul Baxter - Witespy again.

I realize most of these companies are small businesses run out a basement or garage. However, customer service is customer service. If a vendor takes your money, it is their responsibility to provide the right product in a timely manner. If they can't do that, well maybe they should try doing something else.
ckalkhof is offline Find More Posts by ckalkhof
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:25 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
No worries!

You have nothin to worry about. I spent 2100 just like you to get my equipment.
He is just very busy that's all. He is a great guy just be patient.

Satyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharr62 View Post
So.. After months of drooling over a high end FPV setup, and watching countless videos from everyone.. I decided to take the plunge and order up a HT-FPV with Nasa and GPS complete build and test flown with all the FPV gear installed from Whitspy. This order was just over $2,000.

Ordered last week...

I have sent 4 emails, left two messages, and tried further called 6 times.

Nothing.

Ah..... ????? I have just a few basic questions, and I wanted to speak with someone. LOL. Is that too much to ask? $2000 order and horrid customer service.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Travis.
Smurf87 is offline Find More Posts by Smurf87
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Oct 2005
195 Posts
Hi Satyen,

Thanks for the positive encouragement. I have already gotten my order, and have had plenty to worry about. The simple fact that I have paid for a service to come complete, and then have missing parts is one thing.. but, to now sit here FOR ALMOST A MONTH and not be able to FPV my aircraft (which lets face it, was the whole point of me buying a quad..) is just poor customer service.

Yeah, we are all busy. I myself am self employed too.. and I get "busy". But the second my client needs something I must take care of it.

Lets talk about the simple act of dropping a charging cord, and or a video cord in the mail and overnighting it to me. Instead I have had to find OTHER PLACES to buy the special cord, and charging leads and then shipping as I was sick of waiting for him to send to me. Ironically the order I placed the other day for a new motor came right away.. humm..

The point is not that he is or is not a nice guy. The point is that he is frustrating to deal with, when it does not need to be that way. IF he time managed his day, and replied to emails in an organized way, and stayed on-top of whats going on.. posts like mine would not exist on the internet. Instead, I would be praising him on the fabulous job he did on the build, and quality of the parts. (which the quad is very nice BTW).

SO.. the $80.00 I have now spent on the missing parts, at least has gotten me in the air and FPV now rather then waiting for him to "get around" to sending parts that to be honest I no longer expect to show up! How about that. AND, it does not matter that I spent $2000+ or if I spent $60. The point is the same, and I would not recommend him if your expecting everything to be perfect. (as it should be, and easily could be if he paid more attention in the first place).
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:05 AM
Got toys?
pearl city, hi
Joined Feb 2005
714 Posts
Tharr62...sorry about your experience with Witespy and I understand your frustration. I truly hope your problems are resolved. I'm mostly a helicopter and giant-scale airplane flyer. I have been ordering RC stuff since 1955 or so. I've had a few orders that were messed-up, including many where the "error" was in my favor, i.e., I got a "free" transmitter, gyro, "free" repair service, etc. My Witespy orders have been promptly filled and mailed-out. During the time that your order was made and shipped, I placed two orders. Here's the tracking of a parts order which I placed on January 27.
February 2, 2013 03:36:00 HONOLULU, HI 96820 DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY
February 2, 2013 03:31:00 HONOLULU, HI 96820 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
February 1, 2013 01:30:00 TAMPA, FL 33605 DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY
January 31, 2013 23:06:00 TAMPA, FL 33605 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
January 31, 2013 22:18:00 TAMPA, FL 33605 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
January 31, 2013 16:10:00 CLEARWATER, FL 33764 ACCEPT OR PICKUP
January 30, 2013 23:15:00 33764 Electronic Notification

I know Paul is not perfect, but I still order from him even though I can get some stuff cheaper from overseas.
kenhiraihnl is offline Find More Posts by kenhiraihnl
Last edited by kenhiraihnl; Feb 04, 2013 at 01:22 AM.