Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
Mini-Review
Turnigy Stadium King 2wd 1/10 RTR Truggy

Hello everybody,

Look at this new release from Turnigy:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...TR_Truggy.html

I will give my opinion:

I think the Turnigy, launching this model, tried to spend as little as possible to get a price so low, it really did, COMPLETE $ 79.99, with Brushed Motor and ESC, Nimh battery with wall charger and a radio 2.4. Automodel This will facilitate the coming of new people to the hobby, as well as the ECX Ruckus, and also Brushed RTR, but with a higher price.

Bad
- Brushed Motor and ESC - Minor performance, higher consumption. I believe that may be easily replaced by a Brushless.
- Battery Nimh, is not really a counter, since it is possible to wait a bit to buy a Lipo
- Bubble pretty ugly in my opinion - is a personal opinion
- Packaging heavy - 4.110Kg

Good
- 2.4GHz Radio included
- Protecting the Crown and Pinion
- Great price - $ 79.99 RTR - Comparing to other models of Turnigy, eg 1/16, the price is lower than them, even 1/16 Brushless being, worth buying the 1/10.
- Like most automodelos Turnigy, copies of other models already known in the market, this ends up being a good piece, both for information, parts and upgrades. This seems to me a lot with the Traxxas Rustler, but the measures are not fully equal.

I hope you enjoyed the Review, I'm sorry for the mistakes, I used the translator.
vini_itu is offline Find More Posts by vini_itu
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
Do u have one if so hows the plastic parts on it do they break easy
yamar6 is offline Find More Posts by yamar6
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
mine came in i have the zd racing one.first thing i did was ripped the whole car apart put oil in the diff. full bearings and wshers and rear turnbuckles.the truck sucks out off box but i put 28.00 dollars in to it and made a huge dif.so the truck coast 85.00 shipped and 28.00 for parts so around 120.00.Not bad it does have 2.4 and metal gears.

The good.
big bore shocks
Traxxas rustler parts will fit
better tranny then traxxas all metal gears and more compact
plastic does feel that bad and should take some hits RPM parts will fit.
Tons off hop ups are coming tons even a losi 22 chassis

The bad
only 2 bearings in the car
alot of slop needs turnbuckles i did the back and made a huge dif.
the servo is slow but does the job
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
up date. Put traxxas front turn buckles on made a big difference.the truck was way to slow even with lipo my brother in law had a traxxas brushed motor almost twice as fast.also put a associated spur gear now it,s nice and smooth not bad for around 135.00
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:36 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
might as well get a rustler rather than upgrade this and that unless u just wanna drive for fun but ppl is never satisfied with what they have...
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:18 AM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
stock brushed rustler is almost 200.00 dollars and u still have to put turn buckles on it also the traxxas gear box sucks not the gears just how high the gear box is for the dog bones.also a better servo saver set up.U can get a brushless zd for the same price has a brushed rustler
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
bought some RPM rustler chubs they are the same part but the holes are bigger on the zd raing so im going to get a front arm and see if the holes are the same if so u can use the front parts of the rustler if needed.

up date they copied the bandit c hubs for some reason they have bigger holes called rpm and ther c hubs do not fit the bandit.and i think they used the rustler arms because the holes are smaller on the bulk head.
Last edited by yamar6; Nov 08, 2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:30 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6 View Post
up date. Put traxxas front turn buckles on made a big difference.the truck was way to slow even with lipo my brother in law had a traxxas brushed motor almost twice as fast.also put a associated spur gear now it,s nice and smooth not bad for around 135.00
What brushed motor is that? Is it one with very strong magnets, so that when you release the throttle, the car almost instantly brakes? I have a Tamiya Super Stock BZ which shows this, and this makes it harder to drive. You need to keep some throttle on constantly, while I tend to let the car run free the last few metres before a turn, to conserve energy and extend run times, as well as reduce tire wear.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
stock it's junk i have a brushless in it now much better.Just buy a ez run brushless system there under 80.00 dollars worth every penny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
What brushed motor is that? Is it one with very strong magnets, so that when you release the throttle, the car almost instantly brakes? I have a Tamiya Super Stock BZ which shows this, and this makes it harder to drive. You need to keep some throttle on constantly, while I tend to let the car run free the last few metres before a turn, to conserve energy and extend run times, as well as reduce tire wear.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:08 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
like i said..just get the rustler...im happy with my vxl..nothing to upgrade except for rpm bumper..perhaps alu shock caps and caster blocks...
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:25 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,910 Posts
Ah, misread your other posting, partially due to lack of dots and other signs. I read it as "my brother in law had a Traxxas brushed motor in his HobbyKing truck and it's twice as fast as stock HK truck, even when the latter is run on lipo". But you meant to say that "the HK truck is slow, even with lipo, but with a brushless set it's twice as fast as a Traxxas with brushed motor".

Do I know understand your words correctly?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:18 AM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
stock truck out of box was slow even with lipo i put a traxxas motor in it and it was much faster.I bought the truck to do a review on it so i put a brushless system in it to see if the gears will hold up and with the brushless it's much faster then the traxxas motor.
Quote:
Ah, misread your other posting, partially due to lack of dots and other signs. I read it as "my brother in law had a Traxxas brushed motor in his HobbyKing truck and it's twice as fast as stock HK truck, even when the latter is run on lipo". But you meant to say that "the HK truck is slow, even with lipo, but with a brushless set it's twice as fast as a Traxxas with brushed motor".

Do I know understand your words correctly?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
I had the VXL rustler i bought this truck to do a review on it then sell it because i got such a great deal.But every little thing i do to it the truck is getting better and i did not put that much in to it so im going to keep it.Only thing that coast me the most was the turn buckles i had the spure gear and the brushless system.Like i said i paid under 80 dollars for it and to me it looks like they took some parts off traxxas but made it better.This is what i came up with if you want the rustler to be like the zd racing.

rustler truck
proline protrac kit
proline gearbox
The only thing i don't like about the zd racing gear box is it's all plastic but the motor plate does not flex because the back bumper goes over it. but the gear box is smaller and the dog bones sit straight when level.there are problems that i have with the zd racing but im emailing the company to see if they will up date like the nut for the servo saver comes loose while driving easy fix make the nut with a oring .Also zd is comeing out with tons of hop ups like a new racing chassis and tons of other parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
like i said..just get the rustler...im happy with my vxl..nothing to upgrade except for rpm bumper..perhaps alu shock caps and caster blocks...
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:42 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6 View Post
stock truck out of box was slow even with lipo i put a traxxas motor in it and it was much faster.I bought the truck to do a review on it so i put a brushless system in it to see if the gears will hold up and with the brushless it's much faster then the traxxas motor.
Ok, so it's in stages. Traxxas brushed motor is faster than stock HK truck motor. And brushless is faster than the Traxxas brushed motor, as to be expected. Question then still stands, what type of Traxxas brushed motor did you use to replace the stock one with?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
stock slash one that my brother in law had
Quote:
Ok, so it's in stages. Traxxas brushed motor is faster than stock HK truck motor. And brushless is faster than the Traxxas brushed motor, as to be expected. Question then still stands, what type of Traxxas brushed motor did you use to replace the stock one with?