HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:25 PM
Allways the hard way!
South Africa, GP, Germiston
Joined Jan 2012
379 Posts
Discussion
F1 Tunnel plans?

Looking for some plans to build a F1 tunnel for next years race season. Any size will do as i will scale to suit my application. Got a fair idea but better start with something that works... I'm a really lazy builder so want to get it as good as possible 1st time round.

Cheers

George
georgy is offline Find More Posts by georgy
Last edited by georgy; Aug 09, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:14 AM
Staffs UK
Joined Feb 2010
3,064 Posts
Scaling up or down drawings for an F1 doesnt work so if you want a solid performing hull youll need to alot of recalculations especially if your going to be racing it
Also youll need to know exactly what setup you be running inboard or outboard as there is alot of difference between the 2 setups and designs
JMO
Rgds F1
F1 madness is offline Find More Posts by F1 madness
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
Allways the hard way!
South Africa, GP, Germiston
Joined Jan 2012
379 Posts
Hi F1,

Been out of racing for a couple of months but want to return next year with a new, smaller, lighter hull. Will be running mod Zen I/B with normal off-set rudder & Cat strut. Used to have this set-up in a YPC hull from Dominic Young. Ran it at NAT's 2 yrs ago... solid handling hull, especially when the water & wind gets nasty. (Just a bit big/heavy for Inland conditions... & my power budget)

I wish i could get Dom's hull... just about 1/3 smaller! Dreaming of a race-ready set-up of 5kg max! (tall order, i know! Especially for a Zen gasser tunnel)

PS: followed your F1 build on RCU... really nice work!
PPS: Vid of my F1: (HOPE THE LINK WORKS?)
F1 vid (1 min 27 sec)

George
georgy is offline Find More Posts by georgy
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:06 AM
Staffs UK
Joined Feb 2010
3,064 Posts
Hi george and thanks im hoping to run it again but busy with other project
the smallest youd be able to is 42" or F1 IB any smaller and you'd struggle with getting everything in as you know the center pods are narrow and a squeese at best LOL
I might be able to help you in a couple of ways but also depends on your budget and how quick you want to build 1 up
If your interested PM and we can go from there if you wish
F1 madness is offline Find More Posts by F1 madness