HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:53 PM
Joined Jun 2007
70 Posts
i'm running pretty much what Alan (jh2rc97) had posted here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=88
is it possible to have the rx and the sensor board voltage?

device 1 class 23 motor 1/engine 1 temp
device 2 class 2b battery 1 temp
device 3 class 00 batt 1 voltage
device 4 class 10 motor 1 amp

edit.. just looked over the sensor class definitions, i guess i'm overriding the rx voltage as class 00?? also if you can add rpm I'll use A0
kneissl is offline Find More Posts by kneissl
Last edited by kneissl; Jun 11, 2011 at 01:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:26 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,677 Posts
Rx voltage and RSSI data is always included with the standard header packet (not part of the sensor definitions).

If you are driving the sensor board from the Rx's port (which is common) then the Rx voltage would be the sensor board's input voltage and you would have to measure it on your board. That information is not passed to the sensor.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Jun 11, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:48 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,677 Posts
Can you do a screen shot of what you are seeing currently?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Jun 2007
70 Posts
family had a surprise visit this weekend, so my man cave is tore up.. i'm getting pretty much what Alan had back when he was working on this (his screenshot):

i've just been using the device programmer, xdp and sending test packets.
I'm more comfortable with the code side of things, so I can send/form the packet however you want it to be. really whatever is easiest to implement on your end i'll work it out sensor side.
Last edited by kneissl; Jun 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:45 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
From what I remember, I had playback issues with the data. If you record data and cause it to change during the recording when you play it back the data does not change with what it was at that point in time during the recording.

Alan
jh2rc97 is offline Find More Posts by jh2rc97
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:45 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,677 Posts
You are using a VERY old version of the Scanner software. v1.7 is the latest version. You appear to be 6 versions behind. I did fix the various playback issues that were discovered.

Temperatures are easy enough to add, but I am not sure where to put the battery voltage for the pack or the amperage.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Jun 2007
70 Posts
is it possible to override the rx voltage? similar to how hitec SPC voltage has preference over BEC voltage? and 1.8 firmware has a menu for setting high and low amperage.. if you can set an alarm that's better than having it in one of the "cockpit" screens
Last edited by kneissl; Jun 13, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:59 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,677 Posts
Ah, I went back to v1.07 because v1.08 killed the GPS signal strength - which is where I put our RSSI information.

I have the Hitec current sensor, but I have not tried it out yet. It just takes the place of the fuel sensor or something like that.

I could over-ride the Rx battery voltage with this voltage, but that doesn't make much sense to me. You want to know the Rx battery voltage, as well as any other voltage.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:28 PM
Joined Jun 2007
70 Posts
I use battery voltage of my t-rex lipo to know when I want to land... that vs knowing my rx has 5.0 all day i'd rather know my battery voltage
of course both would be better.. a third would rock for monitoring a camera battery or some other independent system.
Last edited by kneissl; Jun 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:31 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,677 Posts
Most people don't use BECs (thank goodness). Even in our TREXs (500/600) we use a dedicated power source for the receiver.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:36 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You are using a VERY old version of the Scanner software. v1.7 is the latest version. You appear to be 6 versions behind. I did fix the various playback issues that were discovered.

Temperatures are easy enough to add, but I am not sure where to put the battery voltage for the pack or the amperage.
Even using 1.7 with 4 sensors on a single board there was something that did not work right and from e-mails back and forth with you several years ago I got the idea that 4 sensors on a single board probably would not work correctly.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:30 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,677 Posts
The Hitec/Eagletree box has 16 sensors on a single board and that works fine. The number of sensors doesn't matter. The system is designed to handle 64 sensors.

I have not seen any issues with v1.7 of the scanner program. If you know of something, please let me know so I can correct it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:35 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
I don't remember the exact issue as it has been a few years ago, but see if you can play back this file:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=124

One thing I remember is that if you pick a data point along the playback slider, move to it then move to the end or some other point when you move back to the same point the data maybe different as it is not updating the palyback data to what was recorded. I don't have my e-mail from that far back or I would look for the e-mail where the problem was described.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:24 PM
Joined Jun 2007
70 Posts
what do most people use with electric helicopters?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:09 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh2rc97 View Post
I don't remember the exact issue as it has been a few years ago, but see if you can play back this file:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=124

One thing I remember is that if you pick a data point along the playback slider, move to it then move to the end or some other point when you move back to the same point the data maybe different as it is not updating the palyback data to what was recorded. I don't have my e-mail from that far back or I would look for the e-mail where the problem was described.
This file plays back fine. I also added the ability a few versions ago to save the data in .xls format so that you could use Excel to view the data.
RCG Plus Member