Old Jul 05, 2014, 02:15 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
Opinion on the flutter?
It was for sure the trilerons, after gluing them to the wing I had no issues what so ever.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2014, 02:25 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
735 Posts
Glued...for best security!
magrinsi is online now Find More Posts by magrinsi
Old Jul 05, 2014, 03:03 AM
Joined Jan 2007
155 Posts
Looking good Blitzu. Similar to what I have done for mine but for a Mega. Out of curiosity, how are you going to locate where to drill through the fuselage to be able to put your retaining screws in? Grub screws with a point, screwed in from the inside so it makes a witness mark?

I glued mine in and then tapped through both parts while it was together so I wouldn't get the holes in the wrong position. Using M2 grubscrews to hold on the removable mount.
tomooska is online now Find More Posts by tomooska
Old Jul 05, 2014, 06:38 AM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
703 Posts
Heya Tomooska-I was going to do the alloy mount about a year and a half ago (post #2125) but got myself into some financial trouble...things are slowly coming rite now,6 more weeks and I'll be back in the green

I know where I want the mount to sit,so will drill one hole in fuse, then grub screw the inner/outer ring together with x3 grub screws and nothing in the 4th hole.Then bolt motor to the mount,then insert into fuse and put one countersunk screw through the hole in fuse and into the mount.Then get all my thust angles rite and tac glue mount to fuse,then carefully useing verniers/dividers work out where my other holes are.Dril thou fuse with tiny drill to make sure I have the other x3 hole locations rite,then enlarge holes,unscrew grubs out though holes,make holes larger for countersunk screws and hey presto-done.......easier said than done thou...
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Jul 05, 2014, 07:00 AM
Joined Dec 2012
703 Posts
I thought about doing it the way you described,but don't think I'd be able to get motor angles exactly rite(the mounts about 25mm in from start of fuse),and my drill holes (especially in the inner mount) in exactly the rite place,and also to try and get the gap between mtr and fuse wall the same (where the motor exits the fuse) so it doesn't look cock-eyed...
Hope all that makes sense...?
But will let you know how it all goes in a few weeks when I can afford some glue.... ... yip still broke as!
Old Jul 05, 2014, 01:21 PM
Cyprus
Joined Mar 2012
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomooska View Post
Looking good Blitzu. Similar to what I have done for mine but for a Mega. Out of curiosity, how are you going to locate where to drill through the fuselage to be able to put your retaining screws in? Grub screws with a point, screwed in from the inside so it makes a witness mark?

I glued mine in and then tapped through both parts while it was together so I wouldn't get the holes in the wrong position. Using M2 grubscrews to hold on the removable mount.
Excellent mounts guys wish I had access to machine equipment for this type of work.
What mega motor are you thinking of mounting?
savneo is offline Find More Posts by savneo
Old Jul 05, 2014, 02:56 PM
Joined Jan 2007
155 Posts
You sort of lost me on the last post Blitzu but I get what you're saying Should be sweet!

Savneo, I'll be using a 16/45/2CE F5D that will be here in a few days. Got a couple of options with regards to props and cell count.
tomooska is online now Find More Posts by tomooska
Old Jul 05, 2014, 08:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
703 Posts
YEE HAAA!!!
That was alot easier than I thought! And I used the eye-o'meter to get the fuse holes in exactly the rite place-NICE,WRAPPED AS!
Only bolted at this stage till I get some epoxy,as it is thou,0 on the thrust line and a tad of right thrust,one happy camper!
Beer time now...
Last edited by blitzu; Jul 05, 2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:37 PM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
Flying my mini pyro set up swist on 6s finally and WOW! It's awesome!!!
TheBlood+ is offline Find More Posts by TheBlood+
Old Jul 08, 2014, 11:12 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+ View Post
Flying my mini pyro set up swist on 6s finally and WOW! It's awesome!!!
The only way to fly it !
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Jul 09, 2014, 02:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
703 Posts
Awesum Blood!
Glad to hear ur luv'n it!
Old Jul 09, 2014, 08:23 AM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
Took long enough, though. I've been so busy with family things and a thing called winter a few months ago. Lol

Using a trimmed to 6.5, 7x10 apc sport prop.
TheBlood+ is offline Find More Posts by TheBlood+