Old Apr 09, 2014, 10:48 AM
*Miss Geigo*
Turkey
Joined Apr 2012
177 Posts
Help!
Servo Problem in my Genesis

Hello guys what's up
please i have a serious problem in my Genesis boat !

when working with 3s battery the system all go right instead when i connect 2 series 3s batteries the servo start giving electricity perturbation sounds and the system don't start :/

when i disconnect the servo and connect the batteries the esc beeps and the system works fine

I'm running stock motor with Hobbyking Boat ESC 120 A . note that i tried 2 servos and different receiver same problem :/

please somebody tell me what's my problem

Best Regards
KM.Racing is offline Find More Posts by KM.Racing
Last edited by KM.Racing; Apr 09, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2014, 11:35 AM
Bucharest, RO
Joined May 2009
1,981 Posts
If you run on 6S, never rely on the internal bec. Try removing the red wire from the ESC cable and power with a separate battery pack. Most of the "6S" ESCs will have issues with the BEC on 6S...
CornelP is offline Find More Posts by CornelP
Old Apr 09, 2014, 02:16 PM
*Miss Geigo*
Turkey
Joined Apr 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornelP View Post
If you run on 6S, never rely on the internal bec. Try removing the red wire from the ESC cable and power with a separate battery pack. Most of the "6S" ESCs will have issues with the BEC on 6S...
hmmm the problem is i wanna run the boat on different batteries not just on 6S i don't want to cut the bec wire :/
Last edited by KM.Racing; Apr 09, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2014, 05:51 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
5,819 Posts
If you run a separate battery pack or BEC you can still run whatever cell count you want. (up to the limits of your ESC and motor) You don't have to cut the red wire either. Here's a little how to for you.

Disabling the BEC on a ESC (5 min 14 sec)
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My "Jet Set"
Old Apr 10, 2014, 08:22 AM
*Miss Geigo*
Turkey
Joined Apr 2012
177 Posts
Oh Bill that's a wise idea thank you so much !
Old Apr 10, 2014, 09:13 AM
*Miss Geigo*
Turkey
Joined Apr 2012
177 Posts
Guys I tired to add an external 4AA batteries to the receiver and I didn't disconnect the red wire from the ESC the boat worked fine on 6s and all parts are alright.
will I have problems in the future ?
Last edited by KM.Racing; Apr 10, 2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 01:43 PM
Joined Apr 2014
19 Posts
Servo

Best to remove red esc wire from connector and tape it bad and don't cut it incase you ever need it, you'll have it. Take your time removing red wire as connector tabs are touchy! I don't know the exact answer but over 4S it's best to remove red wire. I have always used external power in brushed and bl systems and probably old school but always worked. No sense chancing it if it works. OLD timer here.
Whiteout is offline Find More Posts by Whiteout
Old Apr 10, 2014, 03:16 PM
*Miss Geigo*
Turkey
Joined Apr 2012
177 Posts
ah okay well thanks for the advice
and Bill's video is truly the best solution
thank you so much everyone
Old Apr 10, 2014, 06:35 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
5,819 Posts
Eliminating (disabling) the BEC circuit is beneficial to the life of the ESC as it helps cut down on heat build up. The higher the input voltage, the harder the ESC has to work stepping it down through the BEC to receiver voltage.
The old school Castle Hydra's (before ICE series) recommended using separate power for the Rx on anything over 3s.
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My "Jet Set"
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:06 AM
*Miss Geigo*
Turkey
Joined Apr 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
Eliminating (disabling) the BEC circuit is beneficial to the life of the ESC as it helps cut down on heat build up. The higher the input voltage, the harder the ESC has to work stepping it down through the BEC to receiver voltage.
The old school Castle Hydra's (before ICE series) recommended using separate power for the Rx on anything over 3s.
Awesome thanks for the advice buddy
Old Apr 11, 2014, 05:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
106 Posts
Why dont you remove center wire or red wire and install a Ubec many of those work up to 8 cells and below to 2..Much lighter and lasts as long as your battery
tntpoof is online now Find More Posts by tntpoof
Old Apr 14, 2014, 03:03 PM
*Miss Geigo*
Turkey
Joined Apr 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntpoof View Post
Why dont you remove center wire or red wire and install a Ubec many of those work up to 8 cells and below to 2..Much lighter and lasts as long as your battery
it's a good idea too have to try it after I install my Leopard Motor