HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:35 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
326 Posts
Yes, the manual is also available in French.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautier View Post
Great !!!! When it will be avaible for custumers.... ? ( with french manual)...?

Now a second point for MZ 24 , is it possible to assign a curve not to only throttle channel but to other channel ? May be it will be necessary to say it to Graupner/sj ..maybe the'll hear you. This sofware modification will be interesting for flaps for exemple...to have 3 or more positions....what do you think about this idea ( it is not mine some other radio have it.

Best regards.
Graupner USA is offline Find More Posts by Graupner USA
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2014, 06:52 AM
Perth, W.A.
Joined Mar 2008
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Can somebody explain just exactly what Fixed Switches do and how to use them? Maybe a practical example?
One such example would be landing gear activation. Pick your channel from the available lot, for example Aux1. Assign a switch to it and presto, when your gear controller is connected to that rx channel, it activates on the switch you just assigned to it. Navigation lights are an other example.

Because of my heli background, even for planes I set throttle hold by adding a Qlink with the switch of my choice, then go to throttle curve menu, flick your hold switch and set a flat throttle curve to -100. Now you can't chop your fingers up by accidentally knocking the throttle stick.

All this assuming my interpretation of "Fixed Switches" is the same as yours
Hati is offline Find More Posts by Hati
Old Apr 14, 2014, 07:05 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hati View Post
One such example would be landing gear activation. Pick your channel from the available lot, for example Aux1. Assign a switch to it and presto, when your gear controller is connected to that rx channel, it activates on the switch you just assigned to it. Navigation lights are an other example.
That just sounds like assigning a switch to a channel.

I was going through some programming last night and saw that when I want to assign a switch to something I can choose FX and FXi:

"Fixed switches FXI and FX
This type of switch turns a function, e.g. a timer, permanently
on (closed fixed switch) or off (open fixed
switch) or they can provide a fixed input signal for a
control function, e.g. FXI = +100% and FX = -100%.
For example, in flight phase programming, these fixed
switches can be used to switch a servo or speed
controller between two settings."

I couldn't think right off how one would use them.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:40 PM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
136 Posts
Hello.Do you have a link to the MC32 programming for sailplanes.Thank you Paul Or the whole programming book,i am mainly interested in sailplane setups.
dufek paul is offline Find More Posts by dufek paul
Old Apr 15, 2014, 01:32 PM
Joined Oct 2013
326 Posts
This is the English mc-32 manual. I am not aware of any other mc-32 specific manuals.

http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/fil...TT_Manuals.zip
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 15, 2014, 02:09 PM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
136 Posts
Thank you this will work.I just want to see if there is much of a difference from my MC24.Besides the awesome Telemetry on the new MC32. Paul
Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:42 PM
Joined Oct 2013
326 Posts
Also have a look at the MC-20 if you are looking for a tray radio. Same programming features as the MC-32 for sailplanes.

My personal favorite for sailplanes.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:16 AM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
136 Posts
Ok thank you I will do that also,nice programming features on the MC32.Paul
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
programing sale plane with motor

Note: I have asked this question here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=411 in the first place and then realized it fit into this thread much better.

I have recently bought the MZ-24. Very nice radio. I use it for my 2flaps/2 ail motor gliders.

I was able to set up my gliders with the glider menu. So everything works fine for me. However I was curious to understand the logic behind the glider menu in regards to the butterfly settings.
Why is channel 1 input connected to the butterfly menu in the glider menu and “cannot” be changed?

If you set up a glider with a motor the channel 1 input always impacts the butterfly menu. Whatever switch or lever you assign to channel 1 it impacts the butterfly setting. Normally you would assign the motor to channel 1. OK - you can disable the influence of channel 1 to the butterfly menu by setting flight mode specific mixes. This makes sense, as you most likely do not use the motor and butterfly at the same time.

If you set up motor plane with the same wings you do not have a butterfly menu but a flap or break menu (sorry do not know the English translation for that.) The input channel for that menu is the same as the flaps are assigned (normally channel 6). This makes totally sense to me. I can attach the motor to channel 1 and assign any switch or knob to that channel without thinking of where and when I have to disable that input so it does not impact by breaking menu.
Why did Graupner not use the same logic in the glider menu?

Does anyone have an answer to that question? Maybe I am missing a clever thing in the programming of the MZ-24???
orange11 is online now Find More Posts by orange11
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
Joined Oct 2013
326 Posts
We do monitor also other threads so no need to post the same twice.

Channel 1 is the throttle channel but as you stated it can be configured to behave differently using flight modes. For example during launch and normal flight you want the throttle and throttle stick to be active while during landing you want to use the throttle stick exclusively. This how it has been with all our radios and having so many options working around it I guess its just how it is.
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
Thank you for the answer. Good to know you read the others as well.

There is still something not clear to me:
What is the intention that there is a fixed connection between channel 1 and butterfly in the sailplane menu but not in the menu for motor planes (acro)?
(Since I use the German software I do not know how this translates in the English menu.) What I mean is: when you set up a new model you can choose between helicopter, sailplane and regular motor plane. My questions refers to the difference between the sailplane and motor plane setup as above.
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Joined Oct 2013
326 Posts
Good question.

In our mc and mx radios we had the ACRO and GLID models combined. This gave the user the flexibility to configure and setup his model without any distinction whether it was a sailplane or an regular model. Way more logical and more power to us in my opinion.

With the mz radios we apparently decided to depart from the above and follow what the trend was in radio systems where each kind of flying model was treated separately. This of course caused separation of functions depended on the model and its intended flight configuration for which for example butterfly/crow is one of them.
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
OK - that makes sense. So the difference is on purpose.
I have played with it a while and of course both setups ACRO and GLID have advantages depending how you program your plane.
Your answer helped me to understand.

And thanks for answering in the first place :-)
I have asked the same question in of the German forums but have not received a reply yet. With your answer I can answer my own question there now. ;-)