HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2013, 05:57 PM
ronht
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Discussion
Microaces P51 and FW190 - Tips and Thoughts.

I just finished building and flying my second Microace aircraft and couldn't be happier with the results. These are really great flying aircraft and the detail and durability are second to none for this type of fun flyer.

The key I've discovered to achieving great handling with these aircraft is to make sure you have full control freedom with the AR6400.

The durability Microaces builds into these aircraft is accomplished through the stickers that are used to cover the foam. However, If care isn't taken when applying the stickers and making sure you have full flight control freedom after the build, the aircraft performance and handling will be greatly affected. The reason for this is the AR6400 servos are not strong enough to overcome any binding of the stickers on the control surfaces if they are sticking to each other or any part of the aircraft.

After the build I took a new #11 hobby knife and made sure to trim the stickers on all the control hinge areas being careful not to cut the control surface hinges. As you can see in the picture below I actually have a very small gap between the elevator and the stabilizer with only the hinges and the servo arm holding the control surfaces in place. I've done the same with the ailerons.

Here is a video showing the freedom of movement and the travel I was able to achieve with the flight controls set to 100% travel. Note, that I actually only use 40 - 50% of the aileron travel when flying as that's all that's needed.

These are really great flying aircraft, they are much more durable than any of the Parkzone UM warbirds that I've flown and they are beautifully detailed throughout.

Microaces control movement (0 min 16 sec)
ronht is offline Find More Posts by ronht
to remove ads between posts