HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Blucross, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:54 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Build Log
Addiction-X Finally Finished

So I finally finished building the Addiction-X. I have been dying to fly this fatty ever since flying the smaller version. All that's left to do is mount the cowl and she is ready for the air! Pictures really do not do this plane justice.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:32 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2006
37 Posts
Pretty sweet looking Bluecross.

I have one I am building and is the same loud color. I have a question since I can't find pics anywhere else. Are there only two hinges in the rudder? I only got two hinges but but that doesn't seem correct. I found two hinge slots and used them but there should also be a hinge slot near where the rudder horns are located. It is hard to see so I thought I should ask another builder what they did.

thanks

Tksamac
tksamac is offline Find More Posts by tksamac
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:26 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksamac View Post
Pretty sweet looking Bluecross.

I have one I am building and is the same loud color. I have a question since I can't find pics anywhere else. Are there only two hinges in the rudder? I only got two hinges but but that doesn't seem correct. I found two hinge slots and used them but there should also be a hinge slot near where the rudder horns are located. It is hard to see so I thought I should ask another builder what they did.

thanks

Tksamac
There's a good build thread on the Malaysian RC website with amazing pictures from the community there. I used it in addition to the paltry offering from PA and it was a big help. You have to register with the forums to see the images on their site.

Here's a pic from the build thread that shows the rudder hinges. All credit to "The Hitman" on the malaysia-rc.com forum.

You can see you should have 2 skinny hinges and 1 wider one for the lower part of the rudder. Personally, I had to cut half of my slots as they were not present. Be sure to run a #11 blade in the spot where you see in the picture where the hinge should be. Sometimes the laser cut is there its just hard to see.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:44 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2006
37 Posts
Big help and much thanks Bluecross. I will register there and see what else to uncover. This has been a very easy build so far.
tksamac is offline Find More Posts by tksamac