HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:44 PM
park city
Joined Jul 2004
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbe15 View Post
just a heads up. Free shipping on HK for US warehouse this hour only. Just scooped me a plane. Saved 50 bucks on shipping.
Should this go to the hobby king thread?
taildragger21 is offline Find More Posts by taildragger21
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
USA, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Good evening.
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to have been able to assist you with the issue that you had encountered. Once again, I do apologize on behalf of the other representative and the response that you had received.
Sincerely,
Nancy
I sent you a pm any help via my store credit
Beancounter is offline Find More Posts by Beancounter
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:59 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,475 Posts
Ok.... to help explain some price changes... I see the increase on prices, but now no oversize charge.... Funny Marketing Plan from BH. NEGATIVE IMPACT as far as I can tell.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:52 AM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
Cyber Monday and prices go UP??????????? What are you thinking??????
That's what I thought at first, too, but prices didn't go up - they just aren't splitting out the oversized charges now. Which I personally prefer. The P-38 I bought was showing as $189.90 the day before, but then when I clicked through, adjusted to $199.90 due to the $10 oversize fee. Now it just shows as $199.90 on the front end, so I can see the actual prices of items without having to click through to find out what the oversize fee (if any) will be.

I definitely prefer the new approach versus the price updating to the final price after clicking through to the product page. What you pay is still the same, but how the prices are presented was improved.
PerlAddict is offline Find More Posts by PerlAddict
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Aug 2012
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerlAddict View Post
That's what I thought at first, too, but prices didn't go up - they just aren't splitting out the oversized charges now. Which I personally prefer. The P-38 I bought was showing as $189.90 the day before, but then when I clicked through, adjusted to $199.90 due to the $10 oversize fee. Now it just shows as $199.90 on the front end, so I can see the actual prices of items without having to click through to find out what the oversize fee (if any) will be.

I definitely prefer the new approach versus the price updating to the final price after clicking through to the product page. What you pay is still the same, but how the prices are presented was improved.
Nothing ingenius about adding oversize fee to the cost and then not showing it
oversize fee is still added. BH made this move in order to stop the complaining
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:26 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
Nothing ingenius about adding oversize fee to the cost and then not showing it
oversize fee is still added. BH made this move in order to stop the complaining
I'LL let BH keep all that very over priced EPO and help them with shipping by not ordering anything from them.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Ok, the FMS pitts sport 3d biplane was 239.00 yesterday and now it's 259.00, glad I ordered while prices were 20 dollars cheaper, maybe they figure they are loosing to much money with the free shipping so they have to raise prices. First time ordering from BH so far so good package was shipped quickly so I'm happy so far....... Can't wait to get plane and check it out. I know as a hobby shop it's very hard t o please everybody so I don't believe a lot of the complaints, but I guess I'll find out for myself.
Althorpe1 is offline Find More Posts by Althorpe1
Last edited by Althorpe1; Nov 27, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:11 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
I sent you a pm any help via my store credit
Good afternoon.

I had responded to your PM. Please take another look and if the issue still occur, please let me know.

Thank you,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Hello pilots.

Yes. PerlAddict is correct. Banana Hobby is no longer splitting up the prices.

I would also like to inform you guys that the Early Black Friday Sale is not over; however, a new promotion had risen. Banana Hobby is currently have the Winter Sale, which you are able to see by going onto our website at http://www.bananahobby.com/holiday-season-sales.html.
Please also note that to obtain Free Ground Shipping, the minimum purchase amount is now $50 instead of $100 as seen on the Black Friday Sale.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Nancy,

I thought the Black Friday sale was just free shipping, sorry did not realize it affected the prices of the plaines, my fault!

Thanks for your response!
Althorpe1 is offline Find More Posts by Althorpe1
Last edited by Althorpe1; Nov 27, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:06 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althorpe1 View Post
Nancy,

I thought the Black Friday sale was just free shipping, sorry did not realize it affected the prices of the plaines, my fault!

Thanks for your response!
Oh my the sale price has gone up on most if not all.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:47 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan View Post
Oh my the sale price has gone up on most if not all.

John
Yep I agree....now they are very HIGH...so much for spending more at BH this Christmas Season.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
261 Posts
BH makes my A** chew rocks!!!!
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:50 PM
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
I have a 15% coupon from bh and I still gave my business to hobbyking on cyber Monday.
ryanbe15 is offline Find More Posts by ryanbe15
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:54 PM
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
sad part is I'm new to the hobby on my 4th plane and I already know bh is a bad deal.
ryanbe15 is offline Find More Posts by ryanbe15
Closed Thread