nicely done ...looked very much like a real one ,perfect AOA
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:11 PM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Mons
Joined Jan 2012
348 Posts
thanks man!
it 's always a big deal to convert a glow engine jet , but that worth the job !!
gianni sanchez is offline Find More Posts by gianni sanchez
Old Oct 01, 2013, 03:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
348 Posts
short flight video from yesterday ,end of the day
sun was down already so light is not nice but it gives an idea of its behaviour

f 104 pavel bosak full flight (2 min 18 sec)
Old Oct 11, 2013, 05:46 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,648 Posts
Nice looking F104!! great landing's by the way. Wondering if you have any pic's of your bungee dolly I need to get one or make one. Thank's Dave
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Oct 12, 2013, 03:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
348 Posts
i will do some for you
Old Oct 12, 2013, 04:17 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,648 Posts
That would be great
Old Oct 21, 2013, 06:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
348 Posts
sorry for the delay
here it is man , if you need any dimension, just ask , as u can see i made this in stainless steel , i've tig welded it , and use a drag chute to avoid any problem while take off (hook lock,etc..)
the pedal is simple to make, weld are not necessary ( you can bolt the parts if you want )
hope it will help ya
Old Oct 25, 2013, 09:52 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,648 Posts
Thankyou no problem, Im not in no hurry this will help me to make one similiar to your's. I have one question off the top of my head. Where is the dolly axle in comparison to the plane's C/G ?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 06:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
348 Posts
i usually put the plane on its wing
i have several ring at different distance on the rope to get the right position for the plane , the hook on your plane need to be at 1/3 distance of the total plane lenght(from nose )
i usually put the plane back enough to get its cg behind wheels,or just above
if you go to far at front it won't take of or even worst ...

good luck
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:11 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,648 Posts
[quote] i usually put the plane back enough to get its cg behind wheels,or just above
if you go to far at front it won't take of or even worst ...

That's what I though it would want to tip forward and destroy it if the wheels are infront of the CG
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:38 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,648 Posts
Do you have any idea what kind of parachute this is that I have. I bought it in a buy out where the guy's father passed a way. And i found this shoot all in the little bag like in the pic. The funny thing is there is an extra cord that goe's to the top and is fastened where all the rest the cords are on the other end. But it is shorter that the cords that go to the chute. and it keeps the chute from fully opening. Wondering's if it was made for launching glider's and it is hooked at the top cord and is hooked to bungee at the other end.
Last edited by unclecrash; Oct 27, 2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: add pics forgot
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:02 PM
This is glue Strong Stuff
Palo Alto, CA
Joined Oct 2007
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash View Post
Do you have any idea what kind of parachute this is that I have. I bought it in a buy out where the guy's father passed a way. And i found this shoot all in the little bag like in the pic. The funny thing is there is an extra cord that goe's to the top and is fastened where all the rest the cords are on the other end. But it is shorter that the cords that go to the chute. and it keeps the chute from fully opening. Wondering's if it was made for launching glider's and it is hooked at the top cord and is hooked to bungee at the other end.
Looks to me like it is a scavenged parachute off an Illumination mortar or artillery round. Hard to tell for sure but it sure looks like what I used to find lying all over 29 Stumps.
tofuti is offline Find More Posts by tofuti
Old Oct 28, 2013, 05:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
348 Posts
how big is it ?
mine is pretty small , as you don't need to slow the pull too much , the chute is just here to keep the rope BEHIND the plane when pedal is released
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:55 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,648 Posts
I would say about 2 foot the bag it's in looks like the end cap on it was made to be put in a tube. The bag has a rope on the end that is round looped through an two small eyelet's Im thinking that was attached to the top of the chute then down to what ever it helped back to earth. The tube or what ever it was stuffed down has to be 3 inch. Maybe a mortor or a good size rocket but it sure won't hold up a lot of weight because the center line in the chute won't allow it to open all the way. So the drag shoot is keeping the whole dolly and rope from getting back in front the plane. What is the black thing hooked to the drag chute is that just taped up rope to keep it from getting caught on the plane. Thank's UC
Old Oct 30, 2013, 02:57 PM
Joined Mar 2013
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash View Post
nice carpet
cedric8074 is offline Find More Posts by cedric8074