HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
I was on the phone with Pat Hartness, the Joe Nall founder, this morning and we have some big news! Stay tuned for the feature story on it!

Can't wait! Really enjoyed the Podcast last night! Thanks to you and Sleepy!

Now, when do we get this aforementioned "news?"

ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:33 AM
JohnWills
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Highly Offensive Content (Immediate suspension). It is temporarily hidden while JohnWills edits it.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:47 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
It will be well worth it shahram! I'm down the road in Charleston, and plan on coming up for a couple days. Last year I went for the afternoon, and then ended up going back a couple days later and stayed overnight. Awesome event!

Planning on staying 2-3 nights this year
Hi StormJunkie I'm in Goose Creek SC! I'm gonna be at Joe-Nall 2012 too! what SC RC clubs are you a member of?
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
I shell be at the nall look for me on the gate again
big bama is offline Find More Posts by big bama
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Hi StormJunkie I'm in Goose Creek SC! I'm gonna be at Joe-Nall 2012 too! what SC RC clubs are you a member of?

Not a member of a club right now. Both the CRS and FF fields are a little small for my taste. Usually fly on Sat & Sun mornings weather permitting at the undeveloped neighborhood on 17A between St. James and College Park Rd. The one with the barn on the property. huge field, and paved roads running two directions. Should come out and join us one day.
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:08 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post

Not a member of a club right now. Both the CRS and FF fields are a little small for my taste. Usually fly on Sat & Sun mornings weather permitting at the undeveloped neighborhood on 17A between St. James and College Park Rd. The one with the barn on the property. huge field, and paved roads running two directions. Should come out and join us one day.
Lol Thats where I maiden my airliners, I love the long roads! see you at Joe Nall!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Lol Thats where I maiden my airliners, I love the long roads! see you at Joe Nall!
Or maybe at the field one day
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:11 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,000 Posts
I may come for a day or two, this is right by my grandparents home
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:25 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
784 Posts
Even though we heard the podcast, we still have a few questions here and there coming up... maybe there should be a Nall NEWB thread...

But, we rented our golf cart today, and, so, we're figuring... you got a trailer, a camper,a golf cart and planes... but, what's the best way to get planes to the flight line? With your golf cart I would guess... (I figured everyone comes with a plane or 10). Seems kinda scary thinkin about dragging planes by the tail with a golf cart and taking chances on whatever. Do you just go REAL SLOW lol... Do you put 50 - 100 CC planes on the roof with bungies? How do all these planes get to the flight lines and back? Very carefully... walking a lot?
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Cant wait!!!!
gNOpGniP is offline Find More Posts by gNOpGniP
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:30 AM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Have only been once RC, but, at the 3d line there is "some" camping right by the flight line. I also saw them being walked around, toted on the roof of a car, in the back of pick ups, and yes, on top of golf carts.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, SC, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2006
34 Posts
toten planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
Even though we heard the podcast, we still have a few questions here and there coming up... maybe there should be a Nall NEWB thread...

But, we rented our golf cart today, and, so, we're figuring... you got a trailer, a camper,a golf cart and planes... but, what's the best way to get planes to the flight line? With your golf cart I would guess... (I figured everyone comes with a plane or 10). Seems kinda scary thinkin about dragging planes by the tail with a golf cart and taking chances on whatever. Do you just go REAL SLOW lol... Do you put 50 - 100 CC planes on the roof with bungies? How do all these planes get to the flight lines and back? Very carefully... walking a lot?
most folks drop their trailer on the flightline and leave it there while they are there. that way you can pack up at night and not have to worry about traveling back and forth with planes and such. I have sat in the back of a truck/cart with an airplane on my lap. once it gets crankin, the traffic on the main side gets pretty heavy so I try to avoid that by just using the trailer as the storage area the entire time. When it's over, hook back up and go home.
stuffer is offline Find More Posts by stuffer
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
Va
Joined Sep 2005
97 Posts
Being this the 30th year of the Joe Nall, it would be neat to see a "down memeory lane" tribute. From the very first event to the last one. Pic's and videos showing how the event went from being hosted at Pat's home as a Big bird fly-in to being moved to woodruff, SC as a memorial to his friend.
rcflyertim is offline Find More Posts by rcflyertim
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
Another 3DHS convert...
Newnan GA
Joined Mar 2006
726 Posts
Hey guys,

I've been to SEFF before, but I've decided that I might give Joe Nall a shot since I've heard a lot about it and the dates just work out better for me this year. I live in ATL so driving up should only be 2+ hrs from what I'm seeing here. I will be flying all electrics under 60" wingspan so I guess that puts me on the Electric line.

One question (for now), I will be driving a van up there with the seats removed. I'm stripped on cash for now, so I'll probably be 'camping' in the van for the night. I plan on staying Thurs and Friday nights. Would that technically be considered camping and thus a charge?

Thanks!
Nate
jetboy11914 is offline Find More Posts by jetboy11914
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Any over night stay is considered camping I think, but when you pay for camping, you don't pay for daily admission.

You will NOT be disappointed you made the trip! And I would guess it would be about 3hrs from Atl.