HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:34 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,369 Posts
Quote:
If you use TX trim, the controller will see the trim as the new neutral each time you power it up in that same flight mode and you'll have to keep adding trim.
I have read Do Not Use TX Trims and I have read it is fine to use TX trims and or sub trims in many different FBL threads. Even employees of HH / E flite / Blade will controdict each other and what is posted on the WWW or written in the User's Guides.

First hand experience. Note I have seen most of these flights and in addation my son was the one who set up my Tarot ZYX-S in my Blade 400 for me just over a week ago.
Note: This current discusion about Tx Sub. trims and software Monitor and servo centering is about a Blade 450 with a Copter X .

My son has a Blade 450 which he converted to Tarot XYZ-S and uses John's Software . He finished his tuning perhaps a month ago and now has close to 60 flights on it and he has used some Aft cyclic trim on his DX 7 Tx since day one. His Tarot XZ-S does not see the Trans trim as a new zero each time.

Quote:
But you should use servo trim in the FBL controller.
Most likely the "simple" fact (detail) I have over looked. As I posted FBL per Tarot and Coptrer X plus computer GUI all new to me.

I have flown Blade mCPXs and 130 X but those are B N F with no users tuning in the mCPX and limited tuning on the 130X.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 30, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
My son has a Blade 450 which he converted to Tarot XYZ-S and uses John's Software . He finished his tuning perhaps a month ago and now has close to 60 flights on it and he has used some Aft cyclic trim on his DX 7 Tx since day one. His Tarot XZ-S does not see the Trans trim as a new zero each time.
Charles
It can depend on how you use your TX. For example, with my JR radio, I can set different TX trims for each flight mode. Since I use governor mode, I always power up the heli with the TX in throttle hold, where there are no TX trims set. Then when I flip to one of my flight modes, any TX trim will take effect and not be seen as the new neutral. So I use TX trim to get the heli to do a stable hover, then transfer those trims to the FBL controller afterwards.

At the end of all of this, I know I am nit-picking. You can set the heli up in many different ways and get it to fly well. The FBL controller will compensate in flight for differential servo throws and different servo speeds.

Happy flying!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:49 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Crisper stops in rate mode!

Rainy day here, so I have far too much time on my hands....

When I first tried to enable condition switching on my CX3x1000 using John_NZ's 1.16 software, it seemed to mess up my setup. I had to change lots of parameters, including servo reversing, gyro sense and so on - and that was for a small rebuild after one of my servos stripped an output gear, so all the servos were staying in the same place, and plugging in to the same place on the 3x1000.

It also seemed like my gear switch was locked into condition switching, rather than gain switching - but today I have managed to restore gain switching. That's handy, since I still like to set up my tail linkage in rate mode with the heli on a Lazy Susan.

Anyway, whilst doing that, I noticed that my right (clockwise) stops were much crisper in rate mode than in HH mode. In HH mode, I've always had a bit of an overshoot, even after experimenting with various tail parameters. My gain, in the monitor screen, is +38 for HH mode, -38 in rate mode.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Jun 2009
5 Posts
hello, is it possible to have a tutorial (I'm not always obvious French understand) for cx 3X1000 flash a firmware with the Tarot ZYX?
thank you
paco392 is offline Find More Posts by paco392
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:31 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,040 Posts
I have my 250 dialed in pretty well manually but am afraid I might mess up my current settings if I connect it to the pc. Will saving my current settings absolutely save every setting in the gyro?
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:19 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco392 View Post
hello, is it possible to have a tutorial (I'm not always obvious French understand) for cx 3X1000 flash a firmware with the Tarot ZYX?
thank you
Have you seen this post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=621
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:22 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
I have my 250 dialed in pretty well manually but am afraid I might mess up my current settings if I connect it to the pc. Will saving my current settings absolutely save every setting in the gyro?
It should do, and prior to my to my initial dabblings with condition settings I would have said that it definitely would.

You could always write down all of your settings prior to using the software and writing to an .ini file. Most of the time, you'll be using a variation of one of the preset models. In my own case, I use model #5 with modified tail parameters.

Edit: I didn't word that very well! I meant it shouldn't mess up your settings, and it should save them all to a .ini file. So long as you don't alter any settings, nothing will be written to the gyro, as BF wrote below.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 2Doggs; Oct 04, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:25 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
Connecting the gyro to the PC does not change any settings. It will just display your current settings and allow you to save or change them. Yes, all of the settings are saved.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:52 AM
Athens GR
Joined May 2003
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
is cross flashing with a newer version other than V2.5 possible?
tdriver is offline Find More Posts by tdriver
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:50 AM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,040 Posts
Thanks beenflying and 2Doggs!
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Jun 2009
5 Posts
version 2.5 tarot no found, do you have a link?
thk
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:55 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,369 Posts
Quote:
thk

It is in the first post of thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...21&postcount=1

Official Software:
Tarot ZYX version:

v2.5: http://www.kingwjg.com/tool/ZYX2.5EN.rar

Edit :Seems link is broken.

Link to 2.5 Zip file

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...3&d=1346707382
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Oct 07, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Jun 2009
5 Posts
install firmware with software cx 3X1000, but the module refuses demarrer (with software or tarot, John NZ impossible connecter module)
thk
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:52 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
thk
I've now attached the ZYX app v2.5 to the first post as a zip file "ZYX2.5EN.zip".
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:21 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
I've just updated the CX-3X1000 crossflashing post to support John's app and also a step by step restore, if the crossflash doesn't work, also using John's app:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=621

All required files are now attached to the first post, just in case the links don't work. I hope this helps.