HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined Oct 2010
113 Posts
Nope, I still think its not a good idea to have a trade forum because I've never ever seen a post saying "I will not take the right cash for my item, I will ONLY accept trades".

But I do see the point here, and that is yes people should state in their ads whether they want to accept trades or not. Maybe we should make that as part of posting guidelines/suggestions. In fact everyone should also mention in the title of the post whether they will ship or only take local pickups because adding a 'will ship' or 'LPU' in the title makes you easily skip ads for items people wont ship and which arent near you.

And I know that the problem with adding a guideline which says 'mention whether open to trades or not' is that most people dont read guidelines and so wont really follow them. But having a separate forum for trades is not a good idea, any more than having a separate forum for local pickups and shipping is...

Guys, think about it its just going to make your life hard. Lets say you want to buy an electric parkflyer. You could have some cash, or you might be willing to get sell an old airplane to get the cash for it, or you might be open to trading in your old airplane for the one you're looking for. Most people wont mind doing any of these.

So what happens is that now you will have to look in 2 forums. Thats the 'FS/W electric planes' forum and the new trade forum. Thats double work. Plus, remember that we're asking for only one trade forum, which means the ads you browse will be cluttered with helis, radios, boats, cars, sailplanes, turbines, gassers, ipods, and god knows what else...And even if you do happen to find somebody on the forum willing to accept a trade-in for the plane you want, will most likely tell you that he is fine with cash too...

So a strong no-no for a separate Want to Trade forum.
coolgg is offline Find More Posts by coolgg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:11 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,411 Posts
I still say Yes. ?knot.

Not a separation. More like an addition of a preference option that some chose.
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, NM, Truth or Consequences
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
I am in, sounds good
jimbocopter is offline Find More Posts by jimbocopter
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:48 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgg View Post
Guys, think about it its just going to make your life hard.

So what happens is that now you will have to look in 2 forums.

Thats double work.
Okay now.... We are a bunch of guys sittin on our rumps lookin at a computer screen... no work involved.. and people are gonna complain because now we are gonna have to look through an extra forum? If your that far against it you dont have to look in an extra forum.. People are making this idea out to be such a big deal on how its gonna make everything worse, and how its gonna make our lives harder... I call CRAP on that... Now im not here to pick any fights with anyone, and i just wanna keep the peace. But lets be real, this isnt going to majorly effect any of our lives in any way. It will help organize a place where guys who like to trade (like me) can hang around and see what people have without having to ask "trades??" and always getting "No thanks". I hope you see my point. And forgive me if i have offended you in anyway... As that was not my intention.
Have an awesome day!
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined Oct 2010
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
Okay now.... We are a bunch of guys sittin on our rumps lookin at a computer screen... no work involved.. and people are gonna complain because now we are gonna have to look through an extra forum? If your that far against it you dont have to look in an extra forum.. People are making this idea out to be such a big deal on how its gonna make everything worse, and how its gonna make our lives harder... I call CRAP on that... Now im not here to pick any fights with anyone, and i just wanna keep the peace. But lets be real, this isnt going to majorly effect any of our lives in any way. It will help organize a place where guys who like to trade (like me) can hang around and see what people have without having to ask "trades??" and always getting "No thanks". I hope you see my point. And forgive me if i have offended you in anyway... As that was not my intention.
Have an awesome day!
No you havent offended me in any way, and I know thats not your intention.

But I still think that people would rather spend their extra time flying than glaring at a computer screen trying to wade through a bunch of assorted stuff cars, boats, turbines and what not.

And yes sure, you'll find people posting trades but when you open the post, you'll see things like 'will trade for item blah' where blah could be anything from a hs55 to a surfboard. So now yes you do find people open for trades, but you dont really have what they're asking for. Even if you do, the value of the items may not be equivalent in which case you involve cash anyways...

Dont get me wrong, I have myself been involved in trades and am not against it by any stretch of imagination. Just that a spearate forum is not the right way to do it. And if you cant find trades for what you want, you can always sell items you own and dont want, and get the cash to buy what you need. I assure you that when you do that, nobody will turn down your cash offer saying 'oh sorry, no cash please'...

And its easy for you to tell people not to see the trade forum but then they loose potentially good deals from sellers, and sellers potentially loose good buyers. I definitely believe that a spearate trade forum will make life hard for all of us here...
coolgg is offline Find More Posts by coolgg
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:16 PM
I fly Helis too!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,758 Posts
Yep im in! +1...

K
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:21 AM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Add me to the list!
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:31 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,308 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, count me in as a Yes.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:16 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,480 Posts
Sorry didnt relize how old this thread was guess it died but do think we should have one
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; Oct 15, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:36 PM
USA, GA, Lilburn
Joined Jul 2007
341 Posts
all for it
madpatter is offline Find More Posts by madpatter
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:40 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,182 Posts
Oops. epoweredrc was already on the list... still need one more "yes" at least!
Someone point a friend this way
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:41 PM
Kuntry Barbie
USA, GA, Rockmart
Joined Jan 2009
106 Posts
I will give you a Yes!!!

I'm all for it!!!... Chris wants one then I want one nothing wrong with a Trade section...
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrcgirl09
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:52 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
25,925 Posts
Way to go, you guys (AND gal). We now have our required numbers for a poll.

Stay tuned!

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:17 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Sep 2012
251 Posts
Yes here
justinlee1 is offline Find More Posts by justinlee1
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:41 AM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton