HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, OH, Johnstown
Joined Jul 2012
116 Posts
Does anyone out there own a Sensei and a Flyzone Beaver? I am curious to know if they fly differently or about the same? Thanks.
mthiel is offline Find More Posts by mthiel
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:10 AM
Almeria, Spain
Joined Dec 2011
26 Posts
Please, could anybody tell me where can I find the SENSEI in New York, specially in Manhattan, if it is possible?
Thank you
alaire is offline Find More Posts by alaire
Last edited by alaire; Dec 04, 2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: error
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:57 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
5,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaire View Post
Please, could anybody tell me where can I find the SENSEI in New York, specially in Manhattan, if it is possible?
Thank you
dealer locator here: http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wcA56910ap.pgm?V=FLZ
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:46 PM
Almeria, Spain
Joined Dec 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
Thank you
alaire is offline Find More Posts by alaire
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:26 PM
I use EXPO and Senior Rates
United States, MI, Custer
Joined Jan 2010
264 Posts
The weather and my schedule finally came together yesterday to allow me to get my Sensei in the air. I have settled on the best prop as an APC 10 X 4.7SF with the 2836-11 Firepower 450 Sport 220 watt motor. I am able to get 8 minute flights without stressing the 3s 2200 mah batteries or the motor and ESC.

This motor is more like the original motor in terms of power. I probably won’t be doing loops etc but it still handles well as a trainer and that is really what I want anyway. The flight times of at least 8 minutes is what I was looking for, so I am happy with the set-up.

I have experienced mostly positive performance with this aircraft even with the original components. The most major problem was the case of the battery connector on the ESC breaking in flight causing a total power failure. I changed out the motor and ESC once the plane was retrieved from the evil Cedar tree that captured it. I also had to replace the nose wheel/rudder servo with a metal gear servo. So all in all I have had nearly 4 hours of enjoyable flight time with my Sensei.

How are the rest of you Sensei flyers doing? Any new videos? This has been a good thread and hoping to see some more posting here to keep it going. I am probably done for the year with snow on the ground today but maybe there are skies in my Sensei's future.

Roger
Rightfly is offline Find More Posts by Rightfly
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:27 PM
United States, MS, Picayune
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightfly View Post
How are the rest of you Sensei flyers doing? Any new videos? This has been a good thread and hoping to see some more posting here to keep it going. I am probably done for the year with snow on the ground today but maybe there are skies in my Sensei's future.

Roger
Just finished editing this...enjoy!

8 Dec 12 KASD (3 min 19 sec)
mds47588 is offline Find More Posts by mds47588
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Jan 2010
264 Posts
Great video MDS! Also what a great place to fly and best of all no white stuff on the ground.

Thanks for sharing.

Roger
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Welcome.

Glad ya liked!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Joining the ranks

Just ordered my Sensei from Tower Hobbies. They are running a $15 off promotion with free shipping on the Sensei - $164.97 delivered. Can't wait to get it and start flying.

This will be my third plane. I bought my first this spring. It is a small Wing Dragon 300 from Banana Hobby that is very easy to fly in 4ch mode. The second plane I bought is an AT6 Texan that has proved to be a bit more of a challenge to keep in the air and is currently in the hangar undergoing repairs. I figure the Sensei will provide an easier to fly plane than the AT6 that will still be fun. And it uses the same batteries (and for the time being TX and RX) as the AT6.

Looking forward to my first flight.
LowSpeedStall is offline Find More Posts by LowSpeedStall
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Congrats!

Now the fun part of finding stuff to drop out the hatch. I've airlifted a large amount of rocks to the point where I was questioning if it would even fly, then do a low high-speed pass over a pond and watch 'em drop/splash.

Truly a great forgiving plane...just what a trainer should be. I've "graduated" of sorts past the point of needed a trainer, but this plane is still one of my favorites.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Apr 2012
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds47588 View Post
Congrats!

Now the fun part of finding stuff to drop out the hatch. I've airlifted a large amount of rocks to the point where I was questioning if it would even fly, then do a low high-speed pass over a pond and watch 'em drop/splash.
Yeah, that was definitely a selling point for the plane - having a drop hatch. I haven't read through this thread yet so it will be interesting to see what everyone has been dropping.
LowSpeedStall is offline Find More Posts by LowSpeedStall
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpeedStall View Post
what everyone has been dropping.
Eggs are pretty graphic...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 2010
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpeedStall View Post
it will be interesting to see what everyone has been dropping.
This summer our grand children visted with their children - our great grand children (5). All of them a fan of Thomas of which I have a few Thomas trains and toys in my HO railroad. We decided to see how well "Mr Top'm Hat" could handle sky diving and attached a parachute from an Estes rocket. Loaded him in the Sensei's bay and took off. I could not get him to drop - must have been hung on something.

I decided to land and see if we could fix it so we could get a drop. I flew out over my wooded swamp to set up for a landing. However, the bay was still open and suddenly "Mr Top'm Hat" parachuted very cleanly into the wooded area and as of this date no one has seen or heard from him.

Other than that I dropped a lot of candy with ribbons.

Roger
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Jan 2010
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds47588 View Post
Eggs are pretty graphic...
I like the egg drop and how about a hulu-hoop as a target for the egg drop. or maybe a picture of your favorite politician. I see a lot of potential in this one.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:17 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that was definitely a selling point for the plane - having a drop hatch. I haven't read through this thread yet so it will be interesting to see what everyone has been dropping.
My son and I made a parachutist using material from an old umbrella, a toy soldier and some strong sewing thread.
to drop it we take a bungie, double it and tie a knot on each end.
we then open the hatch, insert the knots and close it so that there is a loop under the hatch.
The parachute is folded like a real round parachute (I'm a skydiver) and then the parachutist is inserted in the loop.

When you release it by opening the hatch the bungie falls clear.

DO NOT LOOK AT THE PARACHUTE AS IT FALLS DOWN!!!! doing so will cause you to take your eyes off the plane and can have really bad results. get someone else to spot it for you.

with practice you can try and drop it so that it falls close to a target you set on the ground and the kids love it.

In the photos attached you can see the parachutist attached at the bottom and in the air.

if you need more photos or further details please PM or email me.

Brgds,

Danny.
Danny_l is offline Find More Posts by Danny_l
Last edited by Danny_l; Dec 13, 2012 at 07:23 AM.