HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:13 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,114 Posts
Kk - "There's nothing wrong with a Harvard. " No problem. Iconic ww2 and still strong with us. Is now covered by several makers, all seemingly in good form....except FMS in the large format . , far as I can see.

I'm suggesting FMS go around the Texans and do a similar but unknown and true classic also, the Vultee 'Valiant', BT-13 in the large format like the others. ... It might be just as striking an approach as what happened when Parkzone did the first T-28 and now it's a stand-out by itself.... .
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Last edited by gnats82; Feb 23, 2015 at 03:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2015, 04:01 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,875 Posts
True... well lets hope they take note of some of these ideas. That's a good one for sure. Somehow you're always left feeling they have their own ideas and that's it thou don't you ?
It's good fun talking about it but you get the feeling it makes little difference to the manufacturers. After all they can't please everyone. Maybe that's the trouble ? Maybe they try too hard to do just that ? That why we have so many Mustangs ?
If I was a manufacturer of these planes I would give serious consideration to the concept that maybe the competition in regard to Mustangs was now too hot and it was time for a change. Maybe a radical change ? Anyhow FMS have indeed started doing just that with those smaller ones. Good for them.

Brent.
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Feb 23, 2015, 04:11 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,114 Posts
Kk - Yeah, it seems they really only go with the ideas that have gathered strength within their own fold. So much to do with image and what might be "all the rage".
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Feb 23, 2015, 06:36 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
3,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
or an F7F Tigercat (1700mm only!).
I hear ya, brother!
..... (pushing aside the playboy magazine at the thought of a sexy T'cat....)

*insert sexy emiticon here*
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:40 PM
Joined Feb 2013
114 Posts
I would buy an F7F in a heartbeat if it was in 1700mm. I would prefer a P38 as this is my personal favourite but I would be happy with any big twin for something different !
Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Blisters
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:31 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisters View Post
I would buy an F7F in a heartbeat if it was in 1700mm. I would prefer a P38 as this is my personal favourite but I would be happy with any big twin for something different !
I take it you already own the Dynam 262 and 110? Both twin and both "different".

Personally I'd welcome a trainer about like a repeat of winter but that's just me, I'm sure some would love it.
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:43 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,202 Posts
The problem with EDF is the very short flight times. The 110 is fine, but a tad too small for my liking. Only other company that does an F7F is ESM and it's large and costs a bomb! Looks amazing though.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Feb 24, 2015, 06:49 PM
United Kingdom, England, Northamptonshire
Joined Mar 2009
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Here's the Freewing T6 being made into a Harvard. These and any t6 I've flown fly more like a fighter than the fighters do.

Sadly if there was a low wing pt 19 Made of foam at 55" I don't think it would do well. I wish there was though.

A larger PT17 fits the bill but is a biplane so also doesn't.

I have history with the Harvard so I'm bias.

With that being said I'll agree that it is no kind of trainer when it comes to beginners.
My Grandfather trained in the AT6 during WWII. He was RAF and flown to Falcon Fields in Arizona to complete his flight training.
Richard Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Richard Lewis