anyone know what servos to use with a fly sky 2.4 tx/rx
deep water is offline Find More Posts by deep water
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by joel_l
United States, CO
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
The answer depends on what you are doing with them. If you are talking compatibility, I think they are JR/Spectrum, Hitec, Futaba compatible. Airtronics might plug in but I think you need to flip some wires around. For application, you need to decide what speed and torque you want and then look at what's close. you can also throw voltage into the mix. If the receiver is 2S Lipo compatible, you can look for HV servos ( most all brands have them ). If you plan to run a 5 cell NiCad or NiMH, then be aware that a few servos are 4 cell only.

Personally I use JR, Futaba, and Hitec depending on the application.

Joel
joel_l is offline Find More Posts by joel_l
Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by deep water
United States, OR, Cave Junction
Joined Nov 2012
494 Posts
thanks i am trying to set up emma c berry sail boat with sail control
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:23 AM
United States, CO
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
I just looked at your build, nice work. I'm afraid you made things much more difficult on yourself by having put the deck on before getting the rigging worked out. I'm not familiar with that boat but it looks like an arm servo might be hard to do now. Maybe a drum setup where the sheets spool on and off the drum. That is how my Soling is done. I have not seem a drum servo quite like my ancient Futaba S10, but Hitec does do an open drum.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 06:46 PM
Joined Nov 2012
494 Posts
servos

i have not put the deck on yet also i hav not cut the cabib and cargo holds out yet.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 07:45 PM
United States, CO
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
Ah, I see, you are working on the deck but it's not attached. You have choices. Decide if you can use an arm type ( enough clear space to swing ). If there is room, then you can decide if you prefer the arm or a drum. Look at Hitecs website at the sail servos and see if they suite your needs. I'm not sure how much sail area you need to control so check the servo specs.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 09:14 PM
Joined Nov 2012
494 Posts
servos

here is the hull after cutting out the deck braceing .im trying to deside witch way the tray should go
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:05 PM
United States, CO
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
I don't know that the servo tray you have will be the way to go. Once you decide on what servos you want and the type of sail control setup you are going to do, you will probably be making your own mounting tray or beams to mount things do.

Once you decide what you want to use, get the servos and then play with placement in the boat. I don't think that tray is going to be it.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
494 Posts
i realy dont think so either as the keel is under that rear deck.i would have to start whacking on it