Old Aug 04, 2015, 01:57 AM
Find More Posts by Fontaine
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
Build Log
Fontaines Windrider 737-700

So I finally found a few extra $$$ and went to the windrider site. clicked on what I could afford at the moment (windrider without EDF or Retracts but will add those later) held my breath, closed my eyes and clicked pay with paypal. then I held my breath again and clicked pay now....

the deed is done. after almost a year I jumped in. now the fun begins. How much detail do I want to put into it. what theme do I want to go with... I feel like a kid again.

Im more of a model builder than an rc pilot. so I can see this thing getting all the functioning bells and whistles.

next ill post some themes that I choose just so I can get some feedback on how difficult or easy they may be to achieve.

Steve
Fontaine is offline Find More Posts by Fontaine
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2015, 04:40 AM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
ok heres a few of my favorite paint jobs. i think the 737 will be painted like one of these.... but which one....VOTE lol

not sure what materials I would use for the scheme yet since i havnt chosen one. but i want to put on flaps, spoilers and lights and the whole 9 yards. and also i will be cutting out the windows and adding internal cabin lighting. so i gues i want the liverey to be as cool as the plane will be pimped. if that makes sense
Last edited by Fontaine; Aug 06, 2015 at 02:17 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2015, 10:06 PM
Find More Posts by G.P.
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Canada, AB
Joined May 2005
7,508 Posts
Westjet or cp air for sure!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Aug 06, 2015, 02:26 AM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
Westjet or cp air for sure!
Ive narrowed it down to 3 so far.

westjet cause its probably the easiest one
cp air cause ive always had a thing for that scheme
wardair because its another cool but simple paint job

Kulula is just to green and busy
I never did like flying air canada
Old Aug 07, 2015, 03:33 AM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
Well, after a lot of thought, Ive decided on what livery im going to do. It came down to difficulty and what materials to use. I like to have options and i thought that cp air may be more trouble than i think. and wardair has been defunct for a long time. although still a cool theme.

I will be going with this....
Old Aug 12, 2015, 06:09 AM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
Ming has sent the Windrider and it has left china.... the tension builds. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those deliverys where i sleep at the front door waiting for it to show up lol.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 04:17 PM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
it showed up today. fastest shipping i ever saw. heres some pics just for fun. i knew it was big but..... half my living room lol
Old Aug 15, 2015, 01:33 AM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
k this thing is so big i had to hang it for storage. still cant get over the awesomeness of this bird even when its still in foam state.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by chugo
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Bolivia, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Joined Aug 2008
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
So I finally found a few extra $$$ and went to the windrider site. clicked on what I could afford at the moment (windrider without EDF or Retracts but will add those later) held my breath, closed my eyes and clicked pay with paypal. then I held my breath again and clicked pay now....

the deed is done. after almost a year I jumped in. now the fun begins. How much detail do I want to put into it. what theme do I want to go with... I feel like a kid again.

Im more of a model builder than an rc pilot. so I can see this thing getting all the functioning bells and whistles.

next ill post some themes that I choose just so I can get some feedback on how difficult or easy they may be to achieve.

Steve
Hey Fountain, I also assemble plastic scale aircrafts for more than 30 years and fly rc planes 20, so I decided to arm this b737 as realistic as possible copying all the improvements of our friends of the blog, except the lights.

As builders of scale model airplanes, we both know that the only thing needed to have a plane as detailed as possible is patience and time

Much fun is on the way, I hope to share experiences while we arm this huge airplane.

Regards.
chugo is offline Find More Posts by chugo
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by Scale Freak
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jul 2007
98 Posts
sorry, duplicate post from the other thread.
Scale Freak is offline Find More Posts by Scale Freak
Last edited by Scale Freak; Aug 20, 2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 01:42 AM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chugo View Post
Hey Fountain, I also assemble plastic scale aircrafts for more than 30 years and fly rc planes 20, so I decided to arm this b737 as realistic as possible copying all the improvements of our friends of the blog, except the lights.

As builders of scale model airplanes, we both know that the only thing needed to have a plane as detailed as possible is patience and time

Much fun is on the way, I hope to share experiences while we arm this huge airplane.

Regards.
ah yes, thats my next point of study. flaps and spoilers. i want to know %100 what im doing before i start cutting out chunks of wing lol
Old Aug 22, 2015, 05:29 PM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
step 1... make sure I have all the parts lol.

warning: this thread is going to be picture and video heavy.

so far it weems i have all the parts. now since i dont have any electronics yet.... i will begin by sanding the surface of the whole plane to remove the shiney finish on it. its my theory that this will help with the Spackle, wbpu and painting process.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 05:37 PM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
the wingletes after trimming the edge fat and sanding.... yes i know not very exiting yet lol. patience.... i still have the entire plane left to sand
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by chugo
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Bolivia, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Joined Aug 2008
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
the wingletes after trimming the edge fat and sanding.... yes i know not very exiting yet lol. patience.... i still have the entire plane left to sand
have you considered doing interchangeable or removable winglets ?? .... in my case, I chose the plane does not have winglets to reproduce but I also think it would be necessary in case of any incident that damaged the winglets
chugo is offline Find More Posts by chugo
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:41 AM
RC Aviation
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2014
281 Posts
Removable yes i have thought about it. And interchangable as well. Since the kit did come with standard wingtips as well. I will be doing those too. I may order a spare set of wingletes from ming down the road.