HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2004, 10:49 PM
dallas, tx.
Joined Feb 2004
20 Posts
Question
Good brushless motor? Li-Poly combination for both GWS Me. 109 and MM Tantrum

Guys,
Is there one brushless morot/ Li-Poly combination that wouild be good for BOTH the GWS Me.-109 and the MM Tantrum? As expensive as these set-ups are I woould like to power both models with the same system, possibly buying a second as money allows. I can get a Hacker BL20-15(1:4 gears) locally. I am looking for what you think is the best choice.

Thanks.
Jerry Porter
Jerry Porter is offline Find More Posts by Jerry Porter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2004, 11:54 AM
3D Flyer
pensacola
Joined Nov 2003
238 Posts
You could run a li-poly pack from a guy he makes packs all you do is tell him what you need and how many amps to pull and he can make one for you.I fly these packs everyday and have great succsess with them.With these packs my plane will perform great aerobatics and unlimited verticle.You should get in touch with him e-mail real157@cox.net I have one in my gws and love them They weigh less than NiMh or NiCd.So just hook up with him and You will be pleased.I also fly one of his mega gearboxes he converts gws gearboxes to work with mega motors and has many diferent ratios and work great.So give him a buzz he got in contact with me really quick but I don't know how busy he is.Just e-mail him the amps needed size needed and he will hook you up real157@cox.net

And a mega 16/7/7 on your tantrum and on your gws what do each of these planes weigh. Get a hold of www.dynamoelectrics.com He sells mega motors I run a 16/7/10 on a 13 oz plane geared to 3:1 and it will rocket shot.Just tell me the weight of the plane and I can tell you.What you need
skysthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skysthelimit
Old Feb 15, 2004, 04:18 PM
dallas, tx.
Joined Feb 2004
20 Posts
Thanks for the reoly. My gues is that the '109 or the Tantrum would most likely not exceed 16-18 oz. The brushed (stock) '109s end up 13-15 oz. and I've seen them fly .As an aside, would the motor you describe also work on a Formosa? I would .6oz. glass and Poly finish this model - probably weigh abt.16-18 oz.?

Thanks for the info.
Jerry Porter
Jerry Porter is offline Find More Posts by Jerry Porter