Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 03, 2014, 04:24 PM
Carteret, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudniner View Post
Just a thought.

I have always suggested to insert an SD card and save a model to it. If the radio doesn't like the SD card not much is lost.

If you try a hardware update with a bad card or one the radio doesn't like that could lead to a problem.

Just thought I would pass this on.

Richard
I'm actually starting to wonder if I'm either going to bother with the memory card anyway. 30 model memory is more then I'll ever need anyway since I usually sell planes before I can fill the radio up... Haha!
cje0114 is offline Find More Posts by cje0114
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2014, 04:41 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
534 Posts
The card has many uses and one of them is flight logging which is a very important and useful feature of our radio especially when you need to troubleshoot or tune your setup.

I would leave it in and take it out when needed.
Graupner USA is offline Find More Posts by Graupner USA
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2014, 04:50 PM
Carteret, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA View Post
The card has many uses and one of them is flight logging which is a very important and useful feature of our radio especially when you need to troubleshoot or tune your setup.

I would leave it in and take it out when needed.
Oh.. I didn't even think of that.

I'll format the card and see if that clears up the issue.. Maybe try a different card too just to rule out if the card is bad.

Thanks
cje0114 is offline Find More Posts by cje0114
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:01 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
771 Posts
I've got a small problem I'm trying to isolate with my MZ-24 and Hitec 625MG servos...In the process of figuring out where the issue is and was wondering if anyone has come across this before...

When I crank the ailerons on my model and it's at max throws there's no issue, no binding, seems smooth) but if I just let the stick go (and not use my thumb to put the aileron back into center), about 1/2 the time the servo won't center itself, it'll go back to maybe 70% of where it should be and it sounds like the servo is binding...
The servo however is not binding as I can recreate this when it's out of the wing...
Initially I had 485HB servos in it and it was doing it, so I tried the MG servos, same issue.
A friend told me to check the latency and make sure it's at 20ms, as analog servos and 10ms seem to play havok with each other...it is (although I can't see on where to change it to 10ms for digital servos)...
My next step is to try a digital servo and see if it's doing the same thing...
If I manually go back and forth on the aileron, there's no issue, no binding, noise, nothing....
For kicks, I dropped in another receiver this AM (but have yet to test it)...

Anyone else come across this before? Hate to chase a gremlin if there's something I'm overlooking...

Cheers
Jazzbone
JazzboneCuit is online now Find More Posts by JazzboneCuit
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:15 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
534 Posts
To change the frame rate you will need to that in the receiver. Depending on the receiver model you should go via the function, settings & data view settings and look for the number 10 or 20. If this is an analog servo set it for 20ms otherwise 10ms should be fine for digital.
Graupner USA is offline Find More Posts by Graupner USA
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:30 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzboneCuit View Post
....Hitec 625MG servos......
I had some funny behaviour with HiTec servos that seemed better with change to digital but only totally cleared up when I updated the firmware in the Rx.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Jul 07, 2014, 07:45 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
I had some funny behaviour with HiTec servos that seemed better with change to digital but only totally cleared up when I updated the firmware in the Rx.
I'm updated to 1.020 as of last week...

Jazzbone
JazzboneCuit is online now Find More Posts by JazzboneCuit
Old Jul 08, 2014, 06:10 PM
Bath, Ontario
Joined Sep 2007
204 Posts
New Updates

There are some more updates.

http://www.graupner.de/en/supportdet...a7fb6#mc-20neu
cloudniner is offline Find More Posts by cloudniner