HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2015, 06:07 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Build Log
Versa wing 150%

Hey guys thought after about 2 weeks of working on my build i would put it up here since i haven't seen anything this large of the FT versa. I used the tiled PDF and blew them up to 150% and started building and here is what i have done so far. I just ordered the push rods, clevis, control horns and power system today.

NTM 3542 1000kv 700 watt
Hobbyking 70amp ESC
Turnigy Digital High Torque Ballraced Servo 26g

That's what i have so far, now trying to figure out 3 or 4 cell and how much MAH to carry. All up weight is still TBD but guessing around 5 or 6 lbs. Built for long range FPV.
raptor357 is offline Find More Posts by raptor357
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2015, 08:25 AM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
I just have a bunch of questions.

Is that monokote? Did you remove the paper from the inside/outside? How is the torsional rigidity compared to a regular Versa? Did you add more internal structures? Are those foam elevons or ply? Are you planning to catapult launch?

Thanks
Novacat2005 is offline Find More Posts by Novacat2005
Old Jan 24, 2015, 09:21 AM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Is that monokote? No its tape.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Did you remove the paper from the inside/outside? No i did not

How is the torsional rigidity compared to a regular Versa? I never built the smaller one so not sure i can compare, i can hold one tip and it doesn't flex at all.

Did you add more internal structures? Yes i have 4 spars installed into the wing going through the center.

Are those foam elevons or ply? Foam but i think i will make ply as they flex alot and its a heavy plane.

Are you planning to catapult launch? I have a few idea's on launching, wing tip throw, overhead and catapult. Already thinking of how i will build a catapult but hoping this wing will just glide after a throw with how much motor i have makes 2500g of thrust with 12x7 prop..
raptor357 is offline Find More Posts by raptor357
Last edited by raptor357; Jan 24, 2015 at 09:26 AM.