New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2015, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by Arcticreef
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Apr 2015
6 Posts
Discussion
The evolution of flight controllers

So, what would you like to see in the next, or next-next generation? Some new idea that would dazzle you and take it to the next level. Personally I believe that machine learning could be useful. Imagine on the first flight: the uav is flying autonomously for some time to check its characteristics and then tailor programming to its specific features. So, please let your imagination flow!
Arcticreef is offline Find More Posts by Arcticreef
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by reelflyt
reelflyt
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,033 Posts
Hi.

The question is really what market do you want to appeal to. Do you want to appeal to the RC community , or do you want to service the video/photo crowd , or computer crowd ?
Flying a Multirotor , or flying my ultralight aircraft , or driving my pickup truck through town or on the highway . Just sitting there while it does everything including making decisions on what it will do and where it will go is not what I call flying.
On the other hand if all I want is a camera platform for taking pictures or video then maybe there are things you can do to improve that aspect of the market .
To the computer crowd who want to make more automated independent robots that will take over the world . Then this is not the forum .
To keep improving the ease of tuning or making the total package size smaller and more responsive , then that is something to think about .

Just my thoughts
Gordon
reelflyt is offline Find More Posts by reelflyt
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by Torque66
Noob
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Dec 2011
534 Posts
Transponders... where you could place one on any moving target... would make dynamic shooting a lot easier...
Torque66 is offline Find More Posts by Torque66