New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:05 AM
Find More Posts by philgib
Joined Oct 2005
689 Posts
Discussion
Umx radian vs Mini Skywalker for FPV ?

Hello guys,

i intend to build a small and light mid-range FPV plane, with a stronger motor than original for stronger wind conditions.
Something always ready to fly at the back of my car, small enough to throw in any areas without thinking too much.

Something like 400g AUW

For a plane that small, would you advise the umx radian or the mini sky walker for that goal ?

I tend to think that the mini skywalker would be more adequate, but who knows, maybe i am an ignorant ...

Thank you
philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib
Last edited by philgib; Dec 10, 2014 at 10:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Unregistered User
United States, LA
Joined Apr 2014
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgib View Post
Hello guys,

i intend to build a small and light mid-range FPV plane, with a stronger motor than original for stronger wind conditions.
Something always ready to fly at the back of my car, small enough to throw in any areas without thinking too much.

Something like 400g AUW

For a plane that small, would you advise the umx radian or the mini sky walker for that goal ?

I tend to think that the mini skywalker would be more adequate, but who knows, maybe i am an ignorant ...

Thank you
Skywalker? Do you mean the Eflite UMX Spacewalker?

The Radian can definitely handle much more wind (and extra weight) than the Spacewalker, and it has a bigger motor, so it is probably a better choice.

BTW, you should probably post this in the Micro Ready-to-Fly forum.
Eagle2Nitro is offline Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Youtube Channel
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by philgib
Joined Oct 2005
689 Posts
No I mean mini skywalker :-)

Thx I will post it there.
philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib