SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2015, 08:53 AM
Find More Posts by patrick181
USA, MO, St Charles
Joined Nov 2005
993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm-digital View Post
I like that 3d printed battery tray! What kind of run time are you getting with those 1650's?
Its defiantly north of 6 minutes, I'd like to say 10 minutes to cutoff but I didn't time it. I'll make you a tray if you want one.
patrick181 is offline Find More Posts by patrick181
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2015, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by patrick181
USA, MO, St Charles
Joined Nov 2005
993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekyguy View Post
I did some wave jumping in the ocean. Pretty much stock boat with a 2,200mah zippy 2S lipo.

https://youtu.be/btQ68Q1j-E8
Nice, I had my first run in Destin a couple weeks ago. Jumping waves and riding the surf is so much more fun than a calm lake by far. Salt water is brutal to the electronics tho. Mine survived but when it went under for a few seconds I know those seals couldn't handle the pressure and some seeped in. I think that's what destroyed a cell in my stock battery and corroded contacts. Definitely make sure she's sealed up tight and hotmelt/ silicone openings on batteries for sure if running sea water.
patrick181 is offline Find More Posts by patrick181
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by dm-digital
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2004
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick181 View Post
Its defiantly north of 6 minutes, I'd like to say 10 minutes to cutoff but I didn't time it. I'll make you a tray if you want one.
I can't find the zippy-traxxas 2200's anywhere for a reasonable price so the 1650 look like a good alternative. Don't really want to mod too much to make something fit.

Sent you a PM.
dm-digital is offline Find More Posts by dm-digital
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by Windy Heap
Joined Apr 2014
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekyguy View Post
I did some wave jumping in the ocean. Pretty much stock boat with a 2,200mah zippy 2S lipo.

https://youtu.be/btQ68Q1j-E8

great video, bad influence,

I'm going to the beach for 5 days next weekend... I see waxy spray on all electronics.

My FT009 fresh water river frolicking:

RiverRacing1 (1 min 5 sec)
Windy Heap is offline Find More Posts by Windy Heap
Old Jul 02, 2015, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by Thai
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
797 Posts
Hey guys, over 100 pages in this thread. Hoping someone can just easily answer for me, but what's the absolute maximum LENGTH of a 2S battery I can fit in this thing? I have the boats on order and looking to get the batteries for it before it arrives.

85mm? 90mm? 95mm? 100mm? I don't mind having to trim the sides abit, as long as it doesn't affect the canopy seal of course.

Thanks.
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
Old Jul 02, 2015, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by redbenjoe2
Joined Aug 2014
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick181 View Post
Nice, I had my first run in Destin a couple weeks ago. Jumping waves and riding the surf is so much more fun than a calm lake by far. Salt water is brutal to the electronics tho. Mine survived but when it went under for a few seconds I know those seals couldn't handle the pressure and some seeped in. I think that's what destroyed a cell in my stock battery and corroded contacts. Definitely make sure she's sealed up tight and hotmelt/ silicone openings on batteries for sure if running sea water.
=============================
yup - destin is such a gorgeous spot -
and those waves are gently ' timed ' so you have those in between moments
to recover from your jumps --and then prepare for the next wave -
down here in southeast florida --we have mostly hard unpredictable wind CHOP -
so its murder for the boat and for controlling it
the salt water has completely destroyed my first ft012 and the steering on my ft009-- but it sure was fun -
now i have new replacements -but for the flat lakes ONLY
redbenjoe2 is offline Find More Posts by redbenjoe2
Old Jul 02, 2015, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by tekyguy
Can't get enough RC!
United States, OH, North Ridgeville
Joined Jun 2014
613 Posts
I have done quite a bit of salt water running with the FT009. Barely any water gets in even when submerged. I got lucky on the deal and canopy fitment. My neighbors takes in more water then mine even on a flat pond. I rinse the inside after salt water running and dry the boat inside and out. No issues so far! Everything stock and original except the battery is a zippy 2s lipo 2200. I love the wave running and jumping. It is a blast!!!!
tekyguy is offline Find More Posts by tekyguy
Old Jul 02, 2015, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by Thai
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Hey guys, over 100 pages in this thread. Hoping someone can just easily answer for me, but what's the absolute maximum LENGTH of a 2S battery I can fit in this thing? I have the boats on order and looking to get the batteries for it before it arrives.

85mm? 90mm? 95mm? 100mm? I don't mind having to trim the sides abit, as long as it doesn't affect the canopy seal of course.

Thanks.
Anyone? Please?
Old Jul 03, 2015, 07:20 AM
Find More Posts by Sympster
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2006
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Anyone? Please?
100mm fits snuggly. This positions the battery straight across the boat and not diagonal so therefore stays away from the twist-lock tabs. This also requires that you fully remove the battery tray and trim some of the useless plastic along the upper edge of the hull.
Sympster is offline Find More Posts by Sympster
Old Jul 03, 2015, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by Thai
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympster View Post
100mm fits snuggly. This positions the battery straight across the boat and not diagonal so therefore stays away from the twist-lock tabs. This also requires that you fully remove the battery tray and trim some of the useless plastic along the upper edge of the hull.
Thank you!