New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
The earlier models with the earlier firmware, had a few problems. It has been updated many times now.

Fly aways were fairly regular with the initial Naza FC. There was conflicting and confusing setups of the Failsafe, and the GPS was sometimes very glitchy. I learned early on to switch out of GPS mode into ATTI to regain control, but I had a problems more than once when it was hell bent flying away from me as fast a it could go...lol
Agree completely.

Also, for newer users, after leaning to fly with the help of GPS mode, there is nothing wrong with flying around in ATTI mode, and just using GPS mode for holding the aircraft in one position.
Dave Pitman is online now Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by Dennis S
Orlando FL
United States, FL, Ocoee
Joined Jul 2013
448 Posts
The most up to date Phantom 1 is known as V1.1.1 , not sure how they came up with that but that is what it is, as long as you are buying new that is what you will be getting, Two things to look for to make sure you are getting most up to date model besides the model # , Props will be self tightening and there are two antenna leads

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMember View Post
Could you specify what you mean by "earlier models"?

I thought this WAS the "earlier model" thread ??
Dennis S is offline Find More Posts by Dennis S
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by estacionsj
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2015
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Why not bind the transmitter to your copter and if it works....it works. Then go test it.
because i have to buy one, want to make sure it works before i buy it.
estacionsj is offline Find More Posts by estacionsj
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by eckace1
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,889 Posts
I also think on the radio of the 1.1.1 had the lever for gimbal tilt control on the back side.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by xlr8tion
United States, SC, Aiken
Joined Aug 2014
201 Posts
I have the V1.1.1

And am running Dinogy 2800 packs and DJI 9450 props...Had to dremel notched in the battery door to allow for the battery pack leads to connect outside the quad but with the 9450 vs 8443 props...IT SCREAMS.....I fly a Sony HDR Action Cam...Here is a shot from 2000' by naked eye....no FPV! The other is 400' above my home...

BTW...I always stay in GPS mode and never have any fly aways! And I am at the Max limited altitude (2000') allowed in the 1.1.1.

Cheers....Greg aka Eagle Eyes
xlr8tion is offline Find More Posts by xlr8tion
Last edited by xlr8tion; Yesterday at 10:05 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by Roadkilt
Joined Oct 2013
54 Posts
Chasing Icebergs with Phantom and Q500

I flew my Phantom V1.2 , I know old school, and my Yuneec Q500 over the ocean in Newfoundland scouting out icebergs. Crazy wind but gimbals worked fairly well. Gopro video quality better on Phantom but smooth video and gimbal tracked nicer on Q500. Both have their strengths. Pretty great aerial video though.

Chasing Ice! (4 min 33 sec)
Roadkilt is online now Find More Posts by Roadkilt
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by xlr8tion
United States, SC, Aiken
Joined Aug 2014
201 Posts
That's great video!

I am just learning to use my Sony Action cam and one thing I DO NOT LIKE is when I am in Interval photo mode it limits the resolution to 2MB..WTH? My video looks better than a GP Black 3+ IMO as I have Carl Zeiss optics and superior Image Stabilizition.

Back to your vid.......STELLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xlr8tion is offline Find More Posts by xlr8tion