HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2013, 04:07 PM
Estados Unidos, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
65 Posts
Discussion
Help to Setup my Align APS - Problem

Hi guys, first at all let me introduce myself. My name is Sebastian, I'm from Chile and I've been flying helis for more than 10 years.
So, I would like if you guys can help me to setup the Align APS. I already set the 3gx and the APS, but I don't know why the GPS Flight mode command check (page 26 on manual) don't pass. the only one that pass it's the fist one (A-3-A).
The APS gain is 3GX 96% (fly perfect), APS mode 50% and yhe GPS mode 0%
I also set everything else, the vibration test OK, the magnetometers calibration OK, the Throttle/pitch curve OK. But the ONLy problem that i'm having it's the GPS Flight mode command check. (for now)
My Align APS is running on T-Rex800 and the radio it's JR 11X.
And I don't know if this is normal, but when I switch the GPS mode the swatch plate move all to the left. Some engineer from Align said that it's normal.... but I'm not sure about that. Please check the video.
Aps problem (1 min 11 sec)

So guys, I'll really appreciate any help”””
Thanks
Cheers,
Sebastian
SebastianDns is offline Find More Posts by SebastianDns
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2014, 10:44 AM
Canada, NL, Conception Bay South
Joined Jun 2012
55 Posts
I believe that maybe your GPS mode gain is too low. I believe that if the GPS mode sees <10% then it goes into failsafe. Try increasing the gain to something like 30%. See page 25 in the manual.

Jim
Newfie Pilot is online now Find More Posts by Newfie Pilot