HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
Discussion
need help with powering a dumas TC

HI GUYS
i'm new , never done an R/C model before need some advice
i am building the Tuner Clipper i have the hull done am just trying to work out what motor i'm going to need
i want to spin a 60cm 4xb prop with out a nozzel or 50CM 4XB in a steering nozzel
with a big reduction , what motor in 12v do i need ?
and witch ESC is the best for getting the rpm down low for positive manoeuvring (docking )
i don't want it start at 500rpm and jump forward , like some of the models Ive seen on
U -TUBE
i was think of a 540 motor with a big reduction and slow rpm ? i assume the bigger reduction the easier it will be on the motor ( SAME AS A REAL BOAT ) and if the props big enough it will push it along to scale 18 knots

what is the difference between an in runner and out runner motor ?
i want to mount the motor back over the top of the shaft as these boat needs LOTS of ballast by what Ive read in this thread
so as much room for 12v rechargeable batteries as possible ? (types brands ?)
all so any RX TX brands names and sizes would be great as i have no idea what to by
is a water cooled motor best ? do you need a extra pump to circulate the water through the jacket ?
will the mounting plates except the water cooled motors ?
looking forward to some replies
i have step by step build pic of the hull up to now
cheers bob
OLD SHRIMPER is offline Find More Posts by OLD SHRIMPER
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:43 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Nov 2006
1,173 Posts
The high torque belt drive comes to mind. I think they use these on th Mr. Darby tug.

http://www.harbormodels.com/site08/motors.htm
Tollytime is offline Find More Posts by Tollytime