HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2014, 09:25 AM
Raikkonen for President
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
7,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
These are clearly OFF TOPIC posts, as this is the thread for the GORGEOUS AS3X version of this bird, and as the PROTECTOR of her dignity, beauty, and virtue, I have reported ALL of you knuckleheads for your blasphemy to the moderators.

Now, lets all get back on topic, shall we?

Anyone else notice how pretty that black is next to that deep blue and stark white on this air frame??
crickets, my friend, crickets.

In case you hadn't noticed there are not many who share your love for the f.ugly version 2.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bhoov128; Apr 09, 2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: apparently f - u - g - l - y is a no-no on rcg
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2014, 10:28 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtiram View Post
I want to learn 3d flying....I can already fly without any problem but how is this plane for learning? If not is there any other micro 3d plane? I am looking for something small and can be flown in parks/garden etc.....
Like the Beast 3D, the Sbach 3D is an unlimited aerobatic plane that can also do some 3D in the hands of a skilled 3D pilot. It's not a 3D trainer. The UMX Yak is a purpose-built 3D plane, but it's not really intended to be a 3D trainer, either. The AS3Xstra would be a far better choice in the UM category, but it's pretty much an indoor/calm wx plane.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2014, 11:25 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
These are clearly OFF TOPIC posts, as this is the thread for the GORGEOUS AS3X version of this bird, and as the PROTECTOR of her dignity, beauty, and virtue, I have reported ALL of you knuckleheads for your blasphemy to the moderators.

Now, lets all get back on topic, shall we?

Anyone else notice how pretty that black is next to that deep blue and stark white on this air frame??
I did wonder who got me banned!!!

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Apr 09, 2014, 09:32 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,423 Posts
4Upu,

Has black & blue ever been beautiful??

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2014, 05:15 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtiram View Post
can you recommend a small EPP 3d plane for learning 3d? i would like to easily fly it in a park...
Twisted Hobbys 32" Crack Yak with the TH power combo and servos. Buy spare props, savers (O rings) and a tube or 2 of Welders. Assemble as per video. Fly and laugh a lot Good on 2S or insane on 3S.
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:55 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,075 Posts
I also like the black and blue scheme. And yesterday at my club fly-in the plane performed beautifully. We now have a runway to land those little wheels on! And it's geo textile which is better if you scrape cause it won't cause near as much hanger rash as concrete or asphault. Not to mention TONS cheaper as well. And no more hand launches for me! Taxi and takeoff! Now that I can fly this, it's time to get my Beast 3D out of the box. Not that I think it's that much harder, but it definitely looks more delicate.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:31 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I also like the black and blue scheme. And yesterday at my club fly-in the plane performed beautifully. We now have a runway to land those little wheels on! And it's geo textile which is better if you scrape cause it won't cause near as much hanger rash as concrete or asphault. Not to mention TONS cheaper as well. And no more hand launches for me! Taxi and takeoff! Now that I can fly this, it's time to get my Beast 3D out of the box. Not that I think it's that much harder, but it definitely looks more delicate.
Good to know there is SOMEONE out there with good taste!

You are in for a treat with that Beast. I finally got one the other day and have been flying the pants off of it.!
whichwaysup is online now Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings