HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2007
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Help!
Anyone buy a DA50 from user T-Time recently (Mike Terach)

Did anyone buy one of the 3 DA50's T-Time (Mike Terach, Attleboro MA) recently posted for sale here in this ad?
http://www.flyinggiants.com/swapshop...2189&cat=5

If so, did you receive it? Does anyone know the seller (Micheal Terach...South Shore Radio Control Club) personally? Mine was apparantly lost in the mail according to seller. He said he would already refund the money but now can't get ahold of him for a refund. Sent a few pm's with no response yet. I am sure he will respond soon and get this resolved.

Thanks,
Bernie Fried
thorpdrvr is offline Find More Posts by thorpdrvr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 379
Sorry to hear and do hope it works out for you.

If payment was made by PayPal as a reqular payment, you have little to be concerned about, sans time, energy and frustration.
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Jan 2007
11 Posts
Thanks
That's what I hoped but wasn't 100% sure if paypal would cover it if he withdrew the money and has zero balance in his paypal account. It's a pain in the rear, but if I get the money back I'll be satisfied.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:52 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 379
I believe you have about 45 days to file a dispute with PayPal, then about another 10 days to elevate to a claim.
PayPal's limited buyer protection policy no longer requires funds to be in the sellers account.
Stay on top of it and document everything.
I know it's a pain as one thing I do not like is working for the same dollars twice.
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Jan 2007
11 Posts
Update on Mike Terach (T-time). I have his personal email but he did not respond. Has two pm's from me at Flying Giants and he has not opened either one. Was going to try and get his phone number and call him, but obviously he does not want to be contacted. If that is the case, I doubt he would really care.

I called Paypal as I could not decipher (by reading their legaleze) what their policy on refund was, if sellers account is empty. Spoke with a nice young man and he stated that you are 100% covered even if the sellers account is empty. He said their old policy was different and they would not refund you if sellers account was empty. He looked up the tracking info and saw that it had not updated in 17 days (which told him the package probably was not shipped) and refunded the money on the spot.
This coverage is available using either Ebay or any other transaction outside of Ebay. Still have to follow their policy and file a claim within their time limit.
I may sound like a Paypal fanboy, but happy they covered the refund. I have purchased many things over the years off of various classifieds and can pretty quickly feel out and research people. This guy fooled me good.
Thanks for the info and concern guys.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:45 AM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,675 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpdrvr View Post
Update on Mike Terach (T-time). . .
Glad you got refunded! Hope your story helps to dispel the bad info that seems to pop up here from time to time: PayPal buyer protection does extend beyond eBay, and it does not matter whether the "seller" has cleaned out his account. Just don't pay by gift
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:15 AM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,657 Posts
Trader Rating: 225
Agreed, Paypal has made some improvements in their protection policies in the last year that makes it much safer to trade off-eBay.
Hemikiller is online now Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member