HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:14 PM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
I have had my V911 for 9 days now and have managed about 70 flights so far. Broke off the bottom vertical stabilizer in a crash, and cut the negative wire on the tail motor pretty close to the terminal on the motor.

I managed to repair the tail motor by soldering in a small copper jumper cable I cut out from the inside of a Ethernet cable.

The heli has been flying out of the box quite well and I have applied no trim adjustments at all yet. not sure that I fully understand when to recognize when trim is needed.

Would this video of low speed idle suggest trim is required?

Also here is a video flying around the dining room
josephdyland is offline Find More Posts by josephdyland
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:35 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdyland View Post
I have had my V911 for 9 days now and have managed about 70 flights so far. Broke off the bottom vertical stabilizer in a crash, and cut the negative wire on the tail motor pretty close to the terminal on the motor.

I managed to repair the tail motor by soldering in a small copper jumper cable I cut out from the inside of a Ethernet cable.

The heli has been flying out of the box quite well and I have applied no trim adjustments at all yet. not sure that I fully understand when to recognize when trim is needed.

Would this video of low speed idle suggest trim is required?

Also here is a video flying around the dining room
If you're not sure if trim is needed, then it probably mean you are fairly satisfied with the way you're able to fly it. In that case I'd say no trim is needed.

BTW, the low speed idle video shows ground effect only, you have to hover a few feet off the ground to detect drift tendencies.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:36 PM
Ft Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2010
87 Posts
will the radio bind with any replacement v911?
Capt Buddy is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buddy
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:38 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Buddy View Post
will the radio bind with any replacement v911?
The stock tx will bind with all versions of BNF v911's, and then some.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:16 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I messed around with the rotor placement before asking so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue and the rotor does spin freely. Since I've been in contact with the seller the minute I recieved my heli I wanted to run the issue by all of you before contacting them again, being "that" customer. At this point I assume it's just a bad tail motor and I'll see what they will do. Thanks again for all your efforts.
Smchugh is offline Find More Posts by Smchugh
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:13 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heloo View Post
Interesting, I too emailed HeroRC twice, no reply. Also filed a claim today and received same rebate offer. How it works is not completely clear to me either, I have to go back and carefully re-read it.

At any rate, I just asked to be given the correct batteries listed, or for them to change the product description to the batteries (smaller mah) they are apparently shipping to everyone.

A very reasonable request, customers shouldn't be deceived and ripped off like this. If enough people complain maybe something will happen. If HeroRC doesn't respond to this I'm going to give them a bad rating and I encourage others who have the same problem to do the same.

I read so many cases here where someone orders something and receives something else. I'm aware the price might be very small and not worth the hassle, but as a matter of principle and customer protection from unscrupulous businesses, we should take the time to complain to them and leave a bad review to warn other potential customers.
It looks like the H911 product description on Amazon has been changed to reflect the 130 mah batteries. That was fast! I'm impressed.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:17 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
@josephdyland....I found the best way to trim is get the bird to a stable hover about 4ft up...and check yaw (rudder) for rotation and trim it out...it will sometimes change during the flight as the battery drains.....and also look for forward/backward drift..(elevator trim) and sideways (crabwise..lol) roll trim. In your flight video it looks like when you are in stationary hover its solid...looks trimmed well....ain't this fun...
Dman1110 is offline Find More Posts by Dman1110
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Is there a way to "rebind" after changing batteries w/o turning off/on the radio?
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:33 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
Yes, I'm new . I'm getting "yaw trim" = what I said was "rudder trim".

What's roll and pitch? Would that be crab trim (as it's referred to in the "manual")?
A lot of posters here flew fixed wing before trying heli's and they use fixed wing terms for heli's.

Just remember not to get tripped up and pitch forward.
You've got to roll with the punches.
YAWeee, this spinning can make a fellow dizzy.

Have fun..........
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:36 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
Is there a way to "rebind" after changing batteries w/o turning off/on the radio?
I have yellow v911 'copycat' heli's, often called y911's, and I have to turn off/on the Tx and rebind after every flight cell change.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:43 PM
Ft Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2010
87 Posts
this is one of the best things i have ever bought for $45!
Capt Buddy is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buddy
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:03 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,075 Posts
Just got my h911 and it came with 130mah battery but I expected that.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:30 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroHeliManiac View Post
Nice custom canopies. did you paint them? were they a direct fit to the pegs or did you have to drill? nice job!
The custom yellow was a normal yellow from banggood, The painted green/red/yellow was a pure white, the best choice for painting. The blue and red is a Falconet canopy that was easy to fit. I glued black plastic tail fins and lowered the landing skids to get a more serious look. I prefer white blades to fly inside my house.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:36 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Slowly building my fleet and progressing to CP thanks the v911.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
I have yellow v911 'copycat' heli's, often called y911's, and I have to turn off/on the Tx and rebind after every flight cell change.
you only have to bind once, after that turn on your tx first & then insert your batt. works every time for me
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok