HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Mar 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
@eriskio

FW 3.5 seems to heat up my tail servos too. I traced the problem to vibes. As soon as I fixed the tail bearings and rebalanced the whole thing, tail servo stays much cooler.
Uhm, interesting. I'll re-check it. Tnx for the clue.
eriskio is online now Find More Posts by eriskio
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:46 AM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,032 Posts
I am in the process of programming my ZYX-S and have a few questions if anyone can help. I am following along with Simons video and using the same numbers he used for his Tail gain.

On the first screen (Monitor) of the setup, step 3, adjust signals to be 0 using sub-trim when sticks centered. I noticed that when Simon does this, his Tail gain numbers are 0 in Rate mode and 41 in HH mode. I can't seem to get mine adjusted to get the same numbers. How do I do that?

My Gyro Sensor settings in my Devo TX are: position 0 (HH mode) = 70% / position 1 (Rate Mode) = 30%

On step 5 under Monitor, I was able to get 36 HH mode and -36 Rate mode using Travel adjust. Is that the correct way to do that?

I only made it to the (Servo Trim) tab and saved before making any further adjustments.

I may be jumping ahead but noticed when I move my throttle stick up, the swash moves down and when I moved the stick down, the swash goes up. This seems backwards to me. I went back and checked the first setup tab (Monitor) and checked the direction the Collective Pitch slider moved when I move the throttle stick. When I move the stick up, the slider goes up. When I move the stick down, the slider goes down. Is there something wrong here or will that fix itself as I continue to program the gyro?

Can anyone help me out with this?
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Last edited by nascar1929; Aug 24, 2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:01 AM
Joined Mar 2006
45 Posts
How do you tell what FW your unit has?
Zoobie is offline Find More Posts by Zoobie
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
281 Posts
Zyx-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
I am in the process of programming my ZYX-S and have a few questions if anyone can help. I am following along with Simons video and using the same numbers he used for his Tail gain.

On the first screen (Monitor) of the setup, step 3, adjust signals to be 0 using sub-trim when sticks centered. I noticed that when Simon does this, his Tail gain numbers are 0 in Rate mode and 41 in HH mode. I can't seem to get mine adjusted to get the same numbers. How do I do that?

My Gyro Sensor settings in my Devo TX are: position 0 (HH mode) = 70% / position 1 (Rate Mode) = 30%

On step 5 under Monitor, I was able to get 36 HH mode and -36 Rate mode using Travel adjust. Is that the correct way to do that?

I only made it to the (Servo Trim) tab and saved before making any further adjustments.

I may be jumping ahead but noticed when I move my throttle stick up, the swash moves down and when I moved the stick down, the swash goes up. This seems backwards to me. I went back and checked the first setup tab (Monitor) and checked the direction the Collective Pitch slider moved when I move the throttle stick. When I move the stick up, the slider goes up. When I move the stick down, the slider goes down. Is there something wrong here or will that fix itself as I continue to program the gyro?

Can anyone help me out with this?
if there all moving corectly,but just backwards,when you get to the total pitch screen,move the slider negative and the swash will change direction.
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:52 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmracecars View Post
if there all moving corectly,but just backwards,when you get to the total pitch screen,move the slider negative and the swash will change direction.
I'll give that a try. Thank you.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:35 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Thanks again, for all the kind words.

I replaced the plastic bottom on the ZYX today (the one that had the silcone rubber all at one end), with the metal bottom. Just an FYI the weight of the unit goes from 10.5g to 15.5g. Possibly it will handle vibrations better, especially on the bigger helis.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:48 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Thanks again, for all the kind words.

I replaced the plastic bottom on the ZYX today (the one that had the silcone rubber all at one end), with the metal bottom. Just an FYI the weight of the unit goes from 10.5g to 15.5g. Possibly it will handle vibrations better, especially on the bigger helis.
I replaced the bottom plate with metal from day 1 in my zyx. So far so good....

Ching-Ho Cheng
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:55 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
I replaced the bottom plate with metal from day 1 in my zyx. So far so good....

Ching-Ho Cheng
Was your plastic bottom like my one above, or was the silcone rubber flat in the bottom?
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:56 PM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Was your plastic bottom like my one above, or was the silcone rubber flat in the bottom?
Mine did not have that much of silicon rubber as yours. It did has some around 4 corners.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:16 AM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,032 Posts
Finally done building my 450 and setting up the ZYX-S. Gonna spool it up with no blades in the morning and check everything over. If all looks good, it should be in the air for her maiden in the afternoon!!!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:44 AM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
I'm planing to build HK500 as spare heli, and what decent servo you can recommend to use with ZYX as tail servo ?
Thanx a lot !
DerClown is offline Find More Posts by DerClown
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:19 AM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
I'm planing to build HK500 as spare heli, and what decent servo you can recommend to use with ZYX as tail servo ?
Thanx a lot !
The best would be MKS DS95i, fairly expensive. The cheap alternative would be KST DS115MG or DS125MG servo.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:46 AM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
The best would be MKS DS95i, fairly expensive. The cheap alternative would be KST DS115MG or DS125MG servo.

Ching-Ho Cheng
I'm wondering, could be this Turnigy servo rebranded KST DS115MG ?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...06sec_21g.html

Specs, case excepts sticker everything looks the same.
DerClown is offline Find More Posts by DerClown
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
AMA Member # 458448
Joined May 2011
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
I'm wondering, could be this Turnigy servo rebranded KST DS115MG ?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...06sec_21g.html

Specs, case excepts sticker everything looks the same.
I have no idea either, everyone just copy each others. Similarly, Apple and Samsung, both of them should be fined to copy each others idea/design .... USA becomes a law suit country, everyone suit each others for $$$$$, sigh.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,246 Posts
It's funny how in all the other country's these two have been suing each other apple always looses, but in a California US court apple wins. I wonder were they found 12 people in California that didn't have a ipod product?
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MD500E 600 size build