Old Jul 11, 2016, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by fermars
Spain
Joined May 2012
27 Posts
Discussion
Walkera Devo throttle range setup on Hobbywing Platinum ESCs

Hi everyone,

I have just installed a brand new Hobbywing 50A on my Tarot 450 pro. I came from a Turnigy SBEC 45A that worked fine.
This HW platinum ESCs need to set the throttle range before use as the ESC cannot do it by themselves, The Turnigy ESC calculate the throttle range automatic so no need to do anything and my heli worked fine. Unless you do this adjustment there is no possibility to start the engine, and it was right, the ESC start beeping all the time.
First of all, I deactivated the Governor (I don't want to use it). To configure as the manual says, you need to move the throttle stick to the max and then min to set the range, I did that way being sure the throttle curve goes from 0% to 100% to set the whole range. After that, I went back to my IDLE0 curve that is, 0% - 60%. But there is something wrong as the helicopter always spins at maximum. Even if you use a linear curve (0%-100%), once the motor reach the top speed (over 50%), there is no speed change moving the throttle from 50% to 100%.
I also set up two IDLEs at 60%, 80% and 100% but no changes, motor always spins at maximum. The funny thing is that I also have another Hobbywing 120A and goes the same way so I rule out ESC problems.

Is there any special way on Devo (with Deviation) transmitters to set up the throttle range on Hobbywing ESCs? I am using a nightly build of Deviation 4, I will upgrade to version 5 asap.

Thank you.
fermars is offline Find More Posts by fermars
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2016, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by fermars
Spain
Joined May 2012
27 Posts
Hi, today I have upgraded to Deviation v5, reset the throttle range and...it works!
fermars is offline Find More Posts by fermars