Find More Posts by Flt Mech
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Help!
Park zone Sport Cub aileron issue

Park zone Sport Cub
First flight ended with a crash, bent prop, cracked nose cowl
Replaced parts

Getting airplane ready for my second flight with it and I noticed that the right aileron is a few degrees down with the stick centered. Any ideas? And yes, I'm new at this.

And yes I've thoroughly checked out all the transmitter settings,servos,links,horns, clevises, etc..

Thanks guys for any advice
Flt Mech is offline Find More Posts by Flt Mech
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2016, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by Jim McNamara
Harvey, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2002
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flt Mech View Post
Park zone Sport Cub
First flight ended with a crash, bent prop, cracked nose cowl
Replaced parts

Getting airplane ready for my second flight with it and I noticed that the right aileron is a few degrees down with the stick centered. Any ideas? And yes, I'm new at this.

And yes I've thoroughly checked out all the transmitter settings,servos,links,horns, clevises, etc..

Thanks guys for any advice
Adjust the linkage and/or Clevis on the right aileron to get it neutral.

It's a great flying plane.

Jim
Jim McNamara is offline Find More Posts by Jim McNamara
Old Jan 23, 2016, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Wow! Is it really that simple? I thought if I did that I'd have limited travel or throw in the opposite direction. I don't understand how this could have changed from the initial setup. There was no damage to any part of the wing or any flight control surfaces for that matter. Thanks for your help Jim!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 08:55 PM
Find More Posts by eojcr
http://www.sdhumane.org/
Joined Jun 2015
225 Posts
My PK T28 has suffered a few crashes and this happened to me on a couple of occasions. I believe the servo arms slip on the output gear of the servo motor. Or maybe the gears jump a few teeth somewhere along the reduction?

I removed and re-aligned the arm to the servo gear so that it was in roughly the original position. Barely bothered clevis adjustments.
eojcr is offline Find More Posts by eojcr
Old Jan 23, 2016, 09:46 PM
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Thanks. I ran the clevis out and it works fine. I had to run it out so far that I really didn't think I'd have full travel the other direction. I was thinking about moving the arm on the servo but it's a little tricky to reach the screw as the servo is recessed into the wing. May end up doing that later when I have more time. Thanks for your imput.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 04:23 AM
Find More Posts by MX48
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
298 Posts
Thoroughly check your servos before the next time you fly it. I had 2 of the SV80 servos go out on my new Cub the first one causing a crash. HH is very good about replacing bad parts if you find something wrong.
Put a little pressure on the servo with your finger to simulate wind resistance but don't go overboard on it. Sometimes problems won't show up unless the servo is put under some stress.

I would move the servo arm if you had to move the clevis that far. That does not seem normal. If you move the arm you can also check to be sure it is tight and hasn't stripped the "teeth" inside.

Hope this helps.
MX48 is online now Find More Posts by MX48
Old Jan 24, 2016, 06:58 AM
Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
15,907 Posts
Yep. The servo arm should be perpendicular to the pushrod.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jan 24, 2016, 01:07 PM
Find More Posts by 3rd Try
United States, NY, Champlain
Joined Jul 2012
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
Yep. The servo arm should be perpendicular to the pushrod.

Gord.
+1

Regards

Dennis
3rd Try is online now Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Old Jan 24, 2016, 06:51 PM
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Got it! Thanks guys, you really helped me out. I'm going it all alone here, I don't know any other RC guys. I moved the arm perpendicular to the control rod just as the other aileron servo is and adjusted the clevis as needed. Works perfectly, no trim req'd. Flying tomorrow, winds permitting.