Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Sep 02, 2015, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by Spitfire Flyer
Joined Nov 2013
279 Posts
Discussion
CS 10 Blade on HET 2W-23

Does anyone have any static thrust figures/amps for this setup on 4s, and 5s? Curious to learn from those that have run it.

CS 10 Blade on HET 2W-23
Spitfire Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Spitfire Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2015, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by St. Martin
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
13,577 Posts
I have two of these motors. But they are kind of a off size and Kv. If they were longer, 25mmvs23mm, they would be better. But here is the problem. They will run hot in the CS-10 on 4s. 5s would destroy them. I use them in the WeMo EVO 69mm fan. And I get 460W at 36A on 4s. In the WeMo pro 5 blade they can use 5s but with little full power. See the site: http://highendrc.com/index_eproduct_...products_id=86 And remember, the CS-10 is a much higher load.

If the motor was longer, that Kv would be good on 4s only. My experience with the CS fan is go with the longest motor you can get, for the Kv/cell combo needed to obtain the watts required. You did not say how many cells you were going to use. But keep in mind, 4s is going to be the limit.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Sep 02, 2015, 03:57 PM
Joined Nov 2013
279 Posts
Thanks Fuzz. So you would recommend the longer 2W25. Curious to know what kind of results that would product on 4s and 5s if anyone has any experience with that setup.
Old Sep 02, 2015, 04:05 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
13,577 Posts
There is a thread on the CS-10 fan. Quite long. I personally prefer the WeMo fans, but the CS does have their place. You just have to accept the higher load they put on the power system. I would first decide what power level you want or need, then go from there. Depending on motor, a 4s or 5s pack can consume 300-1300W. This point you have not made known. If you want 900W(example) then you must decide how you want to do it. With 4s? or 5s? I would do a search for the thread. I have not seen it for a month. And post your question on what mortor for the power(watts) you want and with the cell count you want to use, and the Mah you have or can carry in the application.

It's just not a clear definitive answer without more input from you.

Fuzz
Old Sep 02, 2015, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
8,077 Posts
Here's the Change Sun 10 blade 70mm thread-- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=CS+10+Blade

The WeMoTec Minifan EVO EDF --http://www.effluxrc.com/WeMoTec-Minifan-EVO-EDF-w-317mm-Adapter-mfpEVO70-317.htm

Thread -- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=WeMo+70mm+fan
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Sep 02, 2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2015, 05:16 PM
Joined Nov 2013
279 Posts
Thanks Fuzz and Cooler! I would like to produce 1630 grams of installed thrust on 5s. I'm sure there are a lot of ways to get there with many different setup combinations and permutations. Would like the set up to be light at not much more than 200 grams.

Hoping to harness the power of the community for ideas on to get there and what has worked well for flyers personally. Impossible to test out all the combinations oneself. CS10 or Evo 9 would be fine but open to all suggestions.
Old Sep 02, 2015, 11:39 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
13,577 Posts
I personally prefer the WeMo Minifan Pro or EVO. I do not go by static thrust figures. I go by watts/Lb. Don't get me wrong, I think the CS fan is a good fan, but I like it when I can use it in a large light frame, that was intended as a 90mm fan application. Then large Mah batteries are not an issue, that are required for the CS to get the same watts.

But I will get arguments over my beliefs and preferences.

Fuzz