Old Jun 16, 2015, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by v912fan
Joined Jun 2015
4 Posts
Help!
v912 trim set!

Hi all!

I recently purchased my v912 helicopter(2 weeks shipping ) serving as a more advanced helicopter from my DFD Firewolf f163 (4-channel helicopter) and found that it is alot more complex than what I thought it would be . So I leveled my swash-plate by adjusting the servo linkages length and was trying to fly it but it still doesn't go straight upwards but insteasd flys backwards.

I was looking at all the different trim settings and it seems that when you change one of the trims the others get affected thus causing an endless loop trim setting. It also seems as if my servos arent turing as well as they should be when I do some commands (like go forward).

I'm hoping someone can explain to me what each trim function is for and what motions does each trim affect (along with what happens when flip the switch right or left).

Finally am I suppose to add some weight to the nose of the helicopter so it will stop going backwards?

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!
v912fan is offline Find More Posts by v912fan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2015, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
1,276 Posts
Key thing is that you do not level the swash on these helicopters. Instead you adjust the mechanical linkages until the helicopter hovers nicely without drifting. Alternatively if you fly outside and want some better wind penetration, adjust the linkages so the helicopter flies slowly fwds without stick movement.

When you set this up make sure all the electronic trims are off i.e. centred when you test hover. If it's drifting backwards, add more length to the left side servo rod (elevator) then retest.

WRT what the trims do, assuming you are flying Mode 2 with throttle and rudder and left stick :
Left horizontal trim adds or subtracts to the rudder signal
Left vertical trim adds or subtracts to the throttle signal
Right horizontal trim adds or subtracts to the aileron signal (side to side cyclic)
Right vertical trim adds or subtracts to the elevator signal (fwd and backwards)

If you get the servo connection mechanical trims correct you shouldn't need to adjust them on the transmitter.

The 912's fly well without adding nose weight, although this can vary depending what battery you use (due to different weights).
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by v912fan
Joined Jun 2015
4 Posts
Hi,

I leveled the swash-plate by adjusting the mechanical linkages so that the swashplate is level (eyeballed it). So is this a problem and if so how do I revert back to *un- leveled swashplate* mode.

I'm a pure noob at this..... what is rudder singal?

Thnaks for the advice!
v912fan is offline Find More Posts by v912fan
Old Jun 21, 2015, 03:54 AM
Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
1,276 Posts
Rudder signal is what the transmitter sends to the helicopter to control the rudder (tail motor). So if the helicopter is slowly turning left at hover with no rudder command (the throttle/rudder stick is centred vertically), you can use the digital trim to add enough right rudder signal to stop it rotating.

The only way to get the mechanical trim correct is to test fly it. Get it about 1m off the ground to get out of ground effect, see which way it travels when you try and hover. If it travel backwards then lengthen the left side (elevator) servo link. If it travels right then lengthen the right side (aileron) servo link. If it travels in the other direction just shorten it instead.

Keep retesting it until you've got a good hover. Mine typically ended up with the swashplate leaning fwd and to the right, see photo. Good luck!

PS You'll probably get a better response if you post questions on the V912 thread. There's a heap of useful info there too if you search for it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803090
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Feb 17, 2016, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by seenme
Joined Jan 2016
2 Posts
when you are referring to the left servo and right. Are you looking at it from the back with the noise pointing forward. Or looking at it from the front? And yes I am still learning. What you posted makes allot of sense
seenme is offline Find More Posts by seenme