HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2013, 07:40 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
565 Posts
FAQ
MicroGear Shark Lama V6, updating....

collecting resource information on the shark lama v6... I will be updating this page as necessary to reflect the most accurate in formation..

the Shark Lama v6 was developed by E_Sky, marketed and sold by MicroGear "Ecoman Corporation" now "Toys Tekk Corporation", seems to have been produced in China by Shenzhen Dianzhe Industrial Co. Ltd and possibly other manufacturers..

the Shark Lama v6 may have had a limited production run with Hubsan using a Dianzhe part no DZ3000E

Colco may have been one the original manufacturers and provide as a lead for a parts source, several of their helicopters use the same parts as the Shark Lama..
http://www.colco.com.cn/english/index.asp

............. my impressions after owning a v6 for a few months.............
the Shark Lama v6 is based on the E_Sky Lama v4 design... but not just another frail upgrade, in most ways its meaner, tougher, a "from the ground up" redesign.. the fuselage is made of thicker material and is not likely to crack like the v4, but a bad crash could split seams and have to be re-glued. the v6 has a green flight indicator light on the "Lama 5" 4-in-1 that can be seen easily through the windshield, it turns red when the battery is low then flashes red when it needs to land.. the v6 is very responsive and stable built with improved performance over its predecessor.. the v6 shares very few parts in common with the v4.. good batteries are an issue with v6, when the 7.4v 1000mAh battery starts to get old the v6 will have trouble getting very far off the ground..

my new custom shark lama v6.... the airy turbo shaft and syma s006 blades really help flying outdoors..

Microgear contact information.....

new
Toys Tekk Corporation
Att: Repair Department
1005 E. Las Tunas Drive #777
San Gabriel, CA 91776
call (626) 593-7737
http://www.theparknshop.com/servlet/Service
email: Support@theparknshop.com

old
Ecoman Corporation
Attn: Repair Department
1005 E. Las Tunas Drive #777
San Gabriel,Ca 91776

Shark Lama V6 model no.. EC 10151

out of warranty contact...
http://www.theparknshop.com/eco

for parts, search EC 10151
http://www.theparknshop.com/parts

I am doing a side by side parts comparison of the Shark Lama V6 to the ESky Lama V4...

the shark lama has been out for quite a while, but you can still get new ones with prices ranging from $50 up to about $180..

sears online sells new shark lama's..
http://www.sears.com/search=shark%20lama%20v6

Sears....... Description Item # SPM6013579107 Model # EC10151

R/C Helicopter 4CH LAMA V6 Co-Axial RTF Radio Controlled Helicopter ~ Brand New in Box! In Stock and Ship Directly from USA!! ~ Description:With the new Lama V4, you get a completely assembled and ready-to-fly micro helicopter with a coaxial counter-rotating head design that is so stable almost any first-time flyer can be hovering like a Pro in no time. The Lama V4 offers things that other similarly designed micro helicopters cant - The power and precision of ESKY 8g servos, an advanced 4-in-1 controller, and a great looking, lightweight body that really stands out. The Lama V4 features counter-rotating main blades that cancel out the rotational torque that makes hovering a challenge in conventional helicopters. They also make rudder turns much easier by slowing down one or the other blade without affecting the stability of the aircraft. This is truly a helicopter that most anyone can fly and beyond your dream!! Specification: * Main rotor diameter: 340mm * Weight: 230g * Length: 408mm * Width: 85mm * Height: 180mm * Power system: 180 motor*2 * Transmitter: Standard 4 Channels * Mix controller: 4 in 1 controller (w/gyro, mixer, ESC, receiver) * Servo: 8g, 1.3kg.CM, 0.12s/60 * Battery: 7.4V 800mAh Li-polymer battery Features: * Coaxial, counter-rotating blade rotor design, provides incredible stability and positive control. * Full RC system set Included, ready to flight out of box. * Pre-installed ESKY 8g servos and 4-in-1 control unit. * No installation or assembly required. * Dual 180 motors makes the Lama V4 powerful and efficient. * 800mAh 2-cell Li-Po battery pack is low weight, high power and provides flight durations of 10-15 minutes per charge.

the main parts resource for MicroGear parts search EC 10151
http://www.theparknshop.com/servlet/...ter/Categories

a search on made-in-china.com for DZ3000E brings up a lama 6 and refers to it as a lama 5

the logo on the box from this page is Hubsan.. part no DZ3000E

http://www.made-in-china.com/product...nolimit&code=0

this shows Shenzhen Dianzhe Industrial Co., Ltd. as the manufacturer..

lama v6 (ec 10151) parts at theparknshop, listed as lama v5 4 channel helicopter.. or enter in search "ec 10151 parts"

http://www.theparknshop.com/servlet/...ter/Categories

lama v6 canopy, blue & silver...

http://www.theparknshop.com/servlet/...opy-Set/Detail
mihcmac is online now Find More Posts by mihcmac
Last edited by mihcmac; Apr 05, 2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: corrections
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2013, 10:38 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
565 Posts
best price so far for a new microgear shark lama v6 $99.99

http://www.theparknshop.com/servlet/...ls-LAMA/Detail

doesn't say if its a 2.4ghz

sorry these are factory refurbs I have purchased one, can't tell that it isn't new...

3-6-2014 I received a v6 refurb from theparknshop its impossible to tell that its not brand new.. also it flew perfect right out of the box..
Last edited by mihcmac; Mar 17, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 02:12 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
10,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcmac View Post
best price so far for a new microgear shark lama v6 $99.99

http://www.theparknshop.com/servlet/...ls-LAMA/Detail

doesn't say if its a 2.4ghz
I don't think it is 2.4ghz... plus, it's not a new helicopter... look at the small print line from the description.

MicroGear
4 Channels LAMA V6
HELICOPTER RTF R/C

( Factory Refurbished, and Guaranteed )

Suggestion Retail Price $189.99

No way, Jose' ! What does a new one cost? There's no coaxial helicopter made (that I know of) that costs this much...used.

Also, I've been thinking about changing the Esky coaxial shaft head to make it even more stable. I fly a lot of single blade helicopters and the most stable ones use a "Bell Hiller" type head. I'll see if I can find a picture... but the main difference is that the flybar is suspended BELOW the blades on two hanger pieces. The real stability comes from the suspended fly bar and the fact that it is mounted at a 45 degree angle to the main blades. The flybar is all metal... but no need to lengthen or shorten the fly bar since that will mess up the stability factor. Off to find a picture! BRB

Buzz

Hahahaha... I got the link and never came back to post it. Sorry. Here it is. Just notice how the fly bar is below the blades and at a 45 degree angle to them. This is a photo of one that I have. And, seriously... although we all like to fly our coaxials... try this helicopter or one like it... and if you can fly a coaxial... you can fly this single blade. Put it on low rates to get comfortable... and fly it that way for a while. Then, OUTSIDE...put it on dual rates and it turns into a fire breathing monster! I can fly it around in large circles over my house and the more aileron I give it, the more it banks....until I'm almost flying vertical on one side...so then, you put the nose down and keep full aileron .... and throttle and it goes around so fast I get dizzy. It will easily do the same thing flying backwards. I highly recommend this helicopter for those who want to try switching to a single blade. Oh, and it's ...so far...impossible to lose the fly bar under any condition.
Check this one out at: http://www.xheli.com/50h28-madhawk30...lcd-2402d.html

Buzz
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Last edited by Buzz; Sep 20, 2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to put up link to picture. :-/
Old Sep 20, 2013, 02:51 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,695 Posts
The location of the flybar has no impact on performance.

The most stable single rotor helis use Bell linkage with a trailing flybar to kill head movement. Bell-Hiller linkage is very quick and not very stable.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:16 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I don't think it is 2.4ghz... plus, it's not a new helicopter... look at the small print line from the description.

MicroGear
4 Channels LAMA V6
HELICOPTER RTF R/C

( Factory Refurbished, and Guaranteed )

Suggestion Retail Price $189.99

No way, Jose' ! What does a new one cost? There's no coaxial helicopter made (that I know of) that costs this much...used.

Also, I've been thinking about changing the Esky coaxial shaft head to make it even more stable. I fly a lot of single blade helicopters and the most stable ones use a "Bell Hiller" type head. I'll see if I can find a picture... but the main difference is that the flybar is suspended BELOW the blades on two hanger pieces. The real stability comes from the suspended fly bar and the fact that it is mounted at a 45 degree angle to the main blades. The flybar is all metal... but no need to lengthen or shorten the fly bar since that will mess up the stability factor. Off to find a picture! BRB

Buzz
ok ok here is a new v6 for $126.38
http://www.sears.com/microgear-r-c-4...1&blockType=G1

flew my v6 this morning its really stable. .. also i put xtreme blades on it..

oh they have some on ebay "by it now price" new $56 to $134

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...opter&_sacat=0

i also fly a wltoys v912 single blade FP, its a great helicopter specialy out doors.. it should sell for about $120 but they made so many of them they are selling for $66.99 with free shipping.... it seems to be a clone of a much more expensive US made copter..

[http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-La...F-p-54568.html

checkout the v912 thread...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803090
Last edited by mihcmac; Sep 20, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:33 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
10,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The location of the flybar has no impact on performance.

The most stable single rotor helis use Bell linkage with a trailing flybar to kill head movement. Bell-Hiller linkage is very quick and not very stable.
AHAHAHAHA! You are joking, right? I just posted that the stability is much better because it's at a 45 degree angle to the blades. So, you agree that it stabilizes the head? Actually, I believe you're contradicting yourself... but you are certainly entitled to your own opinion.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:47 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
AHAHAHAHA! You are joking, right? I just posted that the stability is much better because it's at a 45 degree angle to the blades. So, you agree that it stabilizes the head? Actually, I believe you're contradicting yourself... but you are certainly entitled to your own opinion.
What in hell are you talking about? You said this "I fly a lot of single blade helicopters and the most stable ones use a "Bell Hiller" type head. Not true. Bell-Hiller is inherently unstable. A 45 flybar uses Bell linkage. You said this "but the main difference is that the flybar is suspended BELOW the blades". It makes no difference where the flybar is located. So, what contradiction?
Last edited by Balr14; Sep 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:20 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
10,113 Posts
Quote:
What in hell are you talking about? You said this "I fly a lot of single blade helicopters and the most stable ones use a "Bell Hiller" type head. Not true. Bell-Hiller is inherently unstable. A 45 flybar uses Bell linkage. You said this "but the main difference is that the flybar is suspended BELOW the blades". It makes no difference where the flybar is located. So, what contradiction?
Look, I'm not about to argue about this. I fly the dang helicopters and Bell-Hiller is the most stable arrangement out there. I don't think you should make these comments until you've flown one. Then, fly one with the balance bar on the top. There is no comparison. If you haven't flown both, you actually don't know. Have you flown both so you can back up what you're saying? I can fly with NO fly bar in a larger heli. That's all I have to say. I didn't post here to get into an argument. Have a great day, unless you've made other plans.

Buzz
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:50 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,695 Posts
I don't care what you can fly, you have no concept of heli physics. Do you even know what Bell-Hiller is? How about Hiller? How about Bell? Do you have idea of what the differences in flight characteristics are between the 3? Do you know why a 45 flybar is so stable? Do you have any idea why it uses weights instead of paddles on the flybar? And yes, I have designed and flown all 3 types of heads and can easily back up what I say.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:42 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
565 Posts
Stanley Hiller (from Heli-Archive)
http://www.heli-archive.ch/en/helico...er/hiller-360/

Some historical notes
The direct competitor of the Hiller 360 was the Bell 47, which was available in the versions B, B3, D and D1.
In 1949 the Hiller 360 in the version "Utility" could be purchased for 19'995 US dollars and was the cheapest helicopter produced in series on the market. In Switzerland this model was marketed by the Air Import for about 175'000.-- Sfr.Bell Hiller rotor head kit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA2CW0XB4038
Last edited by mihcmac; Feb 27, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:20 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
565 Posts
Quote:
I don't care what you can fly, you have no concept of heli physics. Do you even know what Bell-Hiller is? How about Hiller? How about Bell? Do you have idea of what the differences in flight characteristics are between the 3? Do you know why a 45 flybar is so stable? Do you have any idea why it uses weights instead of paddles on the flybar? And yes, I have designed and flown all 3 types of heads and can easily back up what I say.
a great lead guitarist doesn't need to understand the difference between a strat and a les paul, but which ever one he picks up is played perfectly..
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:42 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcmac View Post
a great lead guitarist doesn't need to understand the difference between a strat and a les paul, but which ever one he picks up is played perfectly..
Well I guess I'm missing the point, because I don't see what that has to do with giving out misleading information. There has never been an RC heli with a 45 flybar and a Bell-Hiller head. 45 flybar heads use modified Bell linkage. This is not just my opinion. Bell-Hiller linkage, by definition, connects the swashplate to the flybar and the head. There is no link between the flybar and the swashplate on a 45 flybar head. Therefore it is not Bell-Hiller. The 45 flybar Bell head is by far the most stable head design.
Last edited by Balr14; Sep 21, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 04:26 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
565 Posts
Quote:
Well I guess I'm missing the point, because I don't see what that has to do with giving out misleading information. There has never been an RC heli with a 45 flybar and a Bell-Hiller head. 45 flybar heads use modified Bell linkage. This is not just my opinion. Bell-Hiller linkage, by definition, connects the swashplate to the flybar and the head. There is no link between the flybar and the swashplate on a 45 flybar head. Therefore it is not Bell-Hiller. The 45 flybar Bell head is by far the most stable head design.
the point is you are going way off topic for this thread..

the lama v4 and v6 both use a 45 flybar without the bell head.. they are very stable, till the wind hits them.. the v4 uses a longer flybar with lighter weights and the v6 uses a shorter flybar with heavier weights.. but they both have limited forward speed.. although the v6 seems to be a bit faster going forward and a little more stable in the wind but it is also a heavier aircraft..

I was reading a thread about limiting the flybar travel on the blade cx2 to get more performance in all directions, their is a fine line on how much to limit the travel.. sacrificing stability for speed, needing a more advanced pilot to keep it under control.. but those who did this seemed to prefer it.. it might be easier to have a flybar that you can adjust the angle a little..
Last edited by mihcmac; Dec 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:02 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,695 Posts
Well technically, those coaxes do use a Bell head (linkage from the swashplate to the head and no linkage from swashplate to flybar).
Old Sep 22, 2013, 02:37 AM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
565 Posts
ok so a modified bell rotor head with a flybar... but isn't this where the bell hiller coaxial design comes in?

do you mind if we get back on the v6 topic..
Last edited by mihcmac; Dec 22, 2013 at 12:50 AM.