Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:32 PM
Now Plane Crazy
Australia, NSW, Five Dock
Joined Jan 2012
13 Posts
Discussion
Re-Release Tamiya Hornet

Hi all,

I have been searching for a day and half, but I can't find the dimensions of the battery bay on the Tamiya Hornet Re-Release. I am assuming it will be the same as the original - but can't find the dimensions on that either. I have read widely that the battery bay is small for the modern batteries and before dropping money on lipos I want to ensure they fit. I remember when I had the hornet as a kid the batteries would last maybe 10 minutes and take 4 hours to re-charge.

Does anyone know the full specs on the battery compartment? Or can anyone confirm their battery size that fits, as in, 136x48x25 - or whatever it will be - I just need to confirm a size that fits and pick a battery that suits.

Thanks!
keyzer is offline Find More Posts by keyzer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:23 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,731 Posts
I can't confirm the dimensions, but I can confirm that a friend of mine has an original hornet and this battery pack and it fits in quite nicely:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...case_pack.html
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:15 AM
Now Plane Crazy
Australia, NSW, Five Dock
Joined Jan 2012
13 Posts
Hey thanks,

That gives me a start.

Others (on other forums) have said the rectangle batteries won't fit as well as the rounded ones. I thought that odd myself as the overall dimensions would be what is most important and not the shape?

I'd like to go higher mAH if possible, so if anyone else can confirm numbers it'd be appreciated.
keyzer is offline Find More Posts by keyzer