HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,929 Posts
Discussion
4mm wing bolts

I have searched the internet as well as our beloved forums and find almost nothing. So I'm asking for help.

I have several planes that use 4mm bolts to secure the wings to the fuselage. My 3DHS plane has nice wing bolts that turn into place with your fingers. My Extreme Flight Yak has loooong bolts that tighten with a phillips screwdriver, a real pain. My friends have similar set ups .... all are 4mm. If I, or a friend, loses one, well that can stop the flying of that plane. I'm wanting the finger tight style. 3DHS has the plastic ones but out of stock. They also have aluminum bolts that look good, but for 10 bolts it's about 14 $ and shipping is more than that! If I wait for the plastic, I'm sure the shipping will be the same. I found 1 (one!) company that sells what looks to be correct and they won't even tell me the shipping. Guy said that they don't know until UPS picks it up. He said you might get lucky and it's only 10-12 $ ... for 7.98 purchase? Jeez, I feel like a cheapskate, but come on!

So, my friends, what do you know about getting 10-12 of these bolts?

Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:13 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
6,949 Posts
No photo, so I'm not sure if these are exactly what you're looking for:
http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...ts/NYLNBTE.cfm Shipping for orders under $10 is $4. I notice the bolts listed are only 25mm long.
vonJaerschky is offline Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Oct 2010
3,929 Posts
That looks like what I want. A bit long, but since they are nylon they can be cut, if I need to. I just ordered them.

THANK YOU!

Don
Old May 20, 2012, 03:36 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,042 Posts
Did they work?
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old May 21, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Oct 2010
3,929 Posts
Yes they did. With one very strange exception. In my EF Yak54, the bolts fit into one wing, but not the other. The stock wing bolts interchange from wing to wing, but the new bolts fit only on one side. One is not more "sloppy" fit than the other, so I'm confused. Ideas?
Don